What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Rusty's waiting room

rod58

hey rusty , looking good bro .. i know stuff all about indoor , strictly outdoor , but coming along for the ride anyway , cheers .

Ru5tyNaiL

Nice to have you along rod.

Got everything for my soil prepped, but it's been too damn cold to be out there mixing it. Makes my bones hurt. This week its suppose to warm up so I'll be behind a few days but no big deal.
Life's been busy as hell, and I'm trying to fit everything in. I still have bunch of stuff to get done. I have to build a few more chicken coops, start prepping my vegetable beds for spring, and keep coons and possums from eating my chickens before I can. Atleast I'm almost done getting the junk out of my grow room. Now I just have to make room somewhere else for the junk I had no space for which is why it ended up in my grow room. Lol.

Happy Holidays everybody.

Ru5tyNaiL

So, I got my soil mixed up. Got my worm bin moved into a bigger smart pot. Been planning out my vegetable garden as well. A few things to move out of my room and then beans will get soaked and the show will begin.

To everybody stopping by, I know it's slow right now, but hopefully it will be worth the wait. I have some Gorilla Bubble beans on the way also. Can't wait to try those out. Still haven't decided what else I'll run, it's always hard choosing which kids get to go to the pool huh?

Stay warm out there everybody.

Ru5tyNaiL

My blumats arrived the other day, got my soil setup in my tents already, will probably sow a cover crop in my pots until I soak beans and veg them big enough for transplant. I have smaller square plastic pots for them until they start the veg cycle then into their homes.

Ceiling sprung a leak though!? So I have to move everything and fix that. It seems like it's always something in this ancient house. Been scrambling around because of snow, heavy snow loads collapsed my cattle panel hen houses, and having to thaw and re-water all my livestock every few hours due to the deep freeze we've been having....fuck single digit weather. This summer I have to figure out a winter proof watering system...

Last edited:

Ru5tyNaiL

Life sucks...sometimes. I've been fighting weasels in my chicken coops. So far I have 14 casualties. I have traps set, and I stay outside a few hours everynight with a spotlight and air rifle. No luck yet though. Except I caught my cat in the trap. Its a live trap so it didn't hurt her. I've also been flip flopping back and forth on how I'm going to setup this run which is pushing me further and further back.

For anybody who's reading, I only have an 8x8 room to grow in. As it sits I have two 4x4 tents and a makeshift 2x4 tent which has a top half and bottom half.

My original plan was to keep a couple mothers on the bottom half of the 2x4 tent and use the top half for clones, while moving 6-9 plants into the first 4x4 to veg, then using the 2nd 4x4 for flower. Perpetual flow.

But I was also toying with the idea of taking the tents down and just use the half of the room, where the tents were, to flower 21-24plants in that space, filling half then the other half a few weeks later, for staggered harvests. With the added bonus of easier environmental control instead of two separate tents.

But I'd have to use 6" square pots to fit them on the top shelf of the smaller tent (mothers on the bottom). So it goes from rooted cutting to 6"sq pot for 2-4weeks, then to 3gal for flower. Would this be feasible? Or would that small of a pot too much stress on them?

rod58

hey rusty , no expert here mate but i would think the fact that you potted up just before bloom wouldn't work . there would be a transition period to the bigger pot . how long after transplant would you switch to bloom ? i would think you'd need maybe 2-3 weeks ..
i don't know really ..other people on here with more knowledge with this ..
fecking weasels aye , none in this part of the world , just bastard foxes , bit the head off my ducks and ate all my chooks .over it really , haha buy my eggs from now !

Ru5tyNaiL

Good point. Hadn't even thought of that. Thanks for the input Rod, always appreciated brother.

And I think I'll end up buying my eggs after this. Too many predators here.

Ru5tyNaiL

Taking my time trying to do it right. But here's the line up for the first 16. They'll be taking a dunk tonight. They're all regular seeds so I'll pop some fems for fillers in the smaller space.

4x Tiger's Milk (Bodhi)
4x Starfighter x Long Bottom Leaf (Bad Dawg Genetics)
4x Sour Amnesia (Hortilab)
4x Gorilla Bubble Bx1F1 (Tonygreen's Tortured Beans, as if you didn't know...)

Latest posts

Latest posts