What's new

Rusty grower in need for help

NoiseCTRL

ICMag Donor
Hi Everyone
I've just got back to growing after a 5 years break (don't ask why LoL), so i'm a bit rusty and i'm keeping up with all the new strains and stuff. I've just entered week 4 of flowering a clone of Green Poison Fast from sweet seeds, and one of Gorilla Skitllez from Barney's farm, and i've noticed some pistils getting brown. I'm pretty sure this is normal and probably due too much humidity(?), or is it not? I attach some pics and ask for your opinion fellow growers. I'm growing these in lighmix soil Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_7850.jpeg
    IMG_7850.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 51
  • IMG_7851.jpeg
    IMG_7851.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 49
  • IMG_7853.jpeg
    IMG_7853.jpeg
    854.9 KB · Views: 44

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
That top looks like it may be withering prematurely. A single pistil lasts a small amount of time when it formed and until it withers. The firstborn pistil will be the first to wither and in that sequence or in that order all the rest follow. If your first to-appear pistils are the ones withering then you don't have anything to worry about. If are all withering at the same time then you may have a problem. You may have got hit with some pollen.

TanzanianMagic

Veteran
Hi Everyone
I've just got back to growing after a 5 years break (don't ask why LoL), so i'm a bit rusty and i'm keeping up with all the new strains and stuff. I've just entered week 4 of flowering a clone of Green Poison Fast from sweet seeds, and one of Gorilla Skitllez from Barney's farm, and i've noticed some pistils getting brown. I'm pretty sure this is normal and probably due too much humidity(?), or is it not? I attach some pics and ask for your opinion fellow growers. I'm growing these in lighmix soil Thanks
It would be great to have a lot more information.

- Beyond lightmix, which brand and any amendments like perlite or gypsum
- pH and EC or PPM for the nutrient solution, first run-off from the medium (say first 5 ml after slowly running clean water through it, and the pH and EC of the water)
- Temperature and humidity (very important considering the browning of the pistils)
- Which nutrients are used
- A picture of the entire plant rather than just a leaf or a bud

At first thought, it could be either overfeeding or rootrot.

da kine

If you see your leaves withering (drooping), that is a sign of over-watering. From the limited view that can be seen, those visible look okay. Try getting some additional airflow in and around the room if you only have one source. ;)

Latest posts

Latest posts