What's new

Diary Run #7: ICMag O-Haze

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
I have a worry now - what if they are ALLfemales? Pistal hairs coming off nodes, NO balls. Yet. What are the chances 6 of 6 are fems? I had all of one run come up males before.

Last edited:

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I read somewhere that small containers when roots are cramped in a higher nitrogen feed will promote more males ? I don’t know if it’s true or not?

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Could having the VPD dryer in veg make females more likely? I swear every node is growing hairs. Damn luck, I am looking for a male or two, and can only fit 2 females in the sativa tent to flower out. The light in there is already up over 6’ high. Can’t net cause still need to move the bags. They are at 10.5 hours ON, 480 watts / 600 umoles, 1,2 VPD.

They have another week or so to straighten their shit out. After that the big tent is gonna be used for vegging and sexing the Cindy. I’ll put the best two OHz girls under nets, and make a sea of sativa.

Last edited:

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
No balls, no pollen. I may have 6 female plants.

They get bushier in the big tent with the shared water system. They must talk between the roots.

CD3CBF65-5643-409C-813A-921AA0C1ED75.jpeg Sativa tent where the two best girls will go.

FF85E3F9-4A68-4DC8-A548-31F5D72EB5CD.jpeg Borrowing the big tent to sex.

Last edited:

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Another look at that same plant. They are entering the 5th week of flower.

Male? Edit… yeah we have a male. Maybe two. Going to have to decide soon which females to keep and flower, which to destroy.

3F924936-2F8F-4097-B30A-C5BD9725172F.jpeg

Last edited:

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Moved the 2 suspected females into the sativa tent with the two that were in there already. Still10.5 hours ON. I will have to down-select to only two plants. Then I can net them into some kind of canopy for the flat light.

D3764B01-F756-431F-8F39-1D1374DF6F3B.jpeg

And left the suspected male, and the shorty who is still TBD, in the big tent. Dropped the hours on the male tent to 10 ON. When the boys are making pollen I will move him (them if the other is a male, or any of the 4 make balls) to where the Cindy’s are vegging, and the Cindy’s to the big tent

FDA054E9-DAD4-445E-A333-9CAFE9C48B76.jpeg

Last edited:

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Should, but I don’t do clones. Can’t sell them. I may have a home for the two un-needed females. The dude I give my overflow plants to is finally setting up a 4x4 tent I gave him.

So far … One of the females has a nice tropical smell. The others favor cat piss when I rub the stem.

All this plant moving is possible because of using 10 gallon bags on a wick bed. It is a very practical system for how I do this.

Next in this tent is gonna be the SKOHLP. I got a couple buds off the female SKOHLPs that dude has managed to keep alive all summer after their photoperiod shock. They were badly abused and held up well. The stalk is about 1.5 inch diameter, in 10 gallon bags of my soil. I think the strain has potential after we vaped some freshly cut buds. There is a slight variation in the pistals and smell. Yup, next sativa run already booked.

Last edited:

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
I am going to have to choose the two keeper females soon. I hate playing gawd and deciding which ones live. They are kinda big to be moved, even if they had a place to go. They don’t.

BE3D921D-8DFE-4D74-9948-3483CC4EA515.jpeg

I have an idea… how do we set up a poll? I can line them up and let ICMag vote the ones off the island. Ease my conscience…

Last edited:

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
The fuckin guilt for having to destroy these ‘Japanese bamboo’ as I had to call them today. Beautiful plants.

BEE369EC-4EF4-4FD8-987E-7997E0DE5DDB.jpeg

487377D0-AD7C-448C-AC43-BD90689D0CF4.jpeg

Last edited:

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
The net system works for my set-up. I want max stretch now, and will use another net layer to further refine the sea of sativa. Lower buds are where pollen will go. This time I will make tags and tag the branches that get hit.

95267648-4415-41B9-835C-44F4206F8026.jpeg