What's new

Ruderalis

yoyo123

Hello,
I've been scouring the internets trying to hunt down some pure landrace ruderalis seeds, without any luck.
The reasons I'm looking for them is mostly cause they're probably cheaper than a crossed autoflowering seed, to preserve the natural genetics and I'd like to try a ruderalis male to a other female plant, because I think there'd be a better chance of success.
I found a Estonian seedbank, and quite a few landraces from the Real seed company, but no pure ruderalis. I don't know Russian, or if there's any seedbanks there, I tried finding a business directory for Mongolia, but that didn't result in any findings (nice country though!), then I tried finding some Chinese seedbanks, also without luck, probably due to their harsh drug laws.
I might have to stick with half breeds anyways, but that's cool too.
If I want to create some seeds from a feminized autoflowering plant, when would be a good time to use some pollen from a male?

Peace :joint:

I wish I could remember where I saw ruderalis seeds. I had little interest at the time, but they could be good for breeding. As I recall, it was one of the Dutch breeders that carries many strains. Maybe Sensi Seeds?

jay-toker

most of the ruderalis seeds that u will find are not 2 month from seed to bud actuall i dont think iv seen any of them beside the crosses out there. i know im not much of a help but ill see if i can remember where i saw the pure rudi seeds.

peace toke out

yoyo123

Alright, thanks guys.
Yeah, there's the ruderalis indica and ruderalis skunk, and a bunch of other types like lowryder and highryder. I'd heard some people saying that their plants weren't autoflowering 100%, and I figured this might be because of the generations or strains since the original ruderalis/indica/skunk mix.
I'll keep my eyes open incase somebody does find some purebreed seeds.

Peace

resin_lung

I cough up honey oil
Veteran
sensi's rudi indica and rudi skunk arent pure rudi right. If I remember right their rudi inica was a cross of afghani #1 and rudi. and rudi skunk was rudi and skunk cross. neither of witch was any good IMHO. I tried them both years and years ago and they were crap. no auto flower just crap. this was 15-16 years ago, so I have no idea what they got going on these days but I can only imagine it gone down hill since then. but who knows. I saw pure rudi being offered by marc emery like 5 years ago but dont remember the seed company that he "said" they were? I can look through my old mags if you really need to know but honestly why????? there are people out there that have put a shiiiiiiiit load of work in on these strains and I cant for the life of me understand why you wouldn't want to take advantage of it seems to me a much easier place to start. But if your dead set on going with strait rudi i'll dig it up for you.

Oldmac

Ruderalis is simply hemp and if you live in certian parts of the US it grows wild, usually called "ditch weed". This is stuff that's gone ferrel from varoius hemp farms that exisited till just after WWII.

Even tho the govt is spending millions of dollars still today trying to eradicate it, thinking it has some THC or something, which it does not, I still support and applaud thier efforts. It happens to be a pain in the ass if you are trying to grow outdoors in these areas.

My:2cents:-oldmac

DrBudGreengenes

Veteran
Ruderalis is simply hemp and if you live in certian parts of the US it grows wild, usually called "ditch weed". This is stuff that's gone ferrel from varoius hemp farms that exisited till just after WWII.

Even tho the govt is spending millions of dollars still today trying to eradicate it, thinking it has some THC or something, which it does not, I still support and applaud thier efforts. It happens to be a pain in the ass if you are trying to grow outdoors in these areas.

My:2cents:-oldmac

Once again ignorance speaks
U have NO idea what u R talking about
Ruderalis and Hemp while Both being
Worthless as a med
R NOT the same
This stuff is simple Botany
The 3-Family's of Cannabis

Cannabis sativa L. subsp. sativa var. sativa is the variety grown for industrial use in Europe, Canada, and elsewhere, while C. sativa subsp. indica generally has poor fiber quality and is primarily used for production of recreational and medicinal drugs
Cannabis ruderalis ~

Koi

I must agree. Ruderalis is a different subspecies. I wouldn't say it is worthless per automation. Rather that it is heavily affected as most land races by low thc genetics.

And Oldmac is wrong, hemp strains isn't Ruderalis, they are usually Sativa. What hemp growers want is strength to the fiber. You get stronger fiber when the plant you are growing grows tall fast, because the fibers produced will also become longer, which is the reason the fiber is stronger.

I am curious on what specifies the Ruderalis as a subspecies, is it only genetics, or are there any known attributes that can be applied?

EDIT: This article sorted a lot of things out, it also mentions FIN314. http://cannabisculture.com/articles/3033.html

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Great read. Thanks! :wave:

Ruderalis around here is low in thc.. but it has some.. I made milky way from wild ruderalis and it was potent enaugh for a good trip..
I once had some plants outdoor that made seeds (probably some ruderalis was around) and some plants grown from those seeds flowered very early, but they all had a lack of potency.
So if somebody tries to make a quality hybrid with ruderalis in it.. it has a long road ahead.. :2cents:

07out7.jpg

Picture made by a friend, plants grown from those seeds.

mdanzig

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Great read. Thanks! :wave:

Ruderalis around here is low in thc.. but it has some.. I made milky way from wild ruderalis and it was potent enaugh for a good trip..
I once had some plants outdoor that made seeds (probably some ruderalis was around) and some plants grown from those seeds flowered very early, but they all had a lack of potency.
So if somebody tries to make a quality hybrid with ruderalis in it.. it has a long road ahead.. :2cents:

07out7.jpg

Picture made by a friend, plants grown from those seeds.

Great post, and how true.

Benefit

Of yes Expertsetup, you are right.
Unfortunately the area of germination of wild marijuana (cannabis ruderalis & sativa) is declining every year, because of the fact that it doesn't finishing flower. People cut them for milk.