What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ruderalis info wanted

Fuzzball

Excuse me if this has been ansered before , i am new to ic mag forums & posting ,but am an outdoor grower ,started growing outdoors in 87 in BC & have always been on the lookout for strains that work well out doors(early flowering & large yields) clones never work for me outdoors so I have always grown from seed .the only outdoor strain that i purchased thru a seed co that did what it said was emerald wonder altho i havent tried them all like mighty mite , i have tryed sensi,s early girl ,early pearl & outdoor mix as well as others & they all seem to fail miserably .the info in these auto flwr threads is awsome!

I like to make my own seed , so i am looking for info on ruderialis?like were can i get pure seed not mixed like rud/sk or rud /indica,or are these the only ones available? or which seeds company's have ruderalis avalible/

I have a 3 to 4 month growing season depening on the weather(sometimes a little longer) & was thinking of something like critical mass & ruder cross or would it be better to use a premade autoflwr like auto AK/to mix with critical mass or any of my other strains? thanks

lowrdr

im no expert but from what ive read and seen lowryder 1 or 2 would be your best bet. theyre already stable and youll get the early/autoflower traits you want with potency too. just ruderalis would knock the potency down somewhat of whatever you were creating. im sure many other more experience growers have more input, thats just my 2 penneth

resin_lung

I cough up honey oil
Veteran
I would start with mighty mite. thats prob where youll end up anyway. I think its the best rudi cross. Ive ran it and its great for an early strain. but I live in socal, not bc!

locoymoco

hello from spain, I would go with Low2 and a short flowering time indica, such Black domina or so.

What seedbank is your critical mass from? here is very popular this year since a cannabis magazine came with two fem Critical as a gift a couple months ago, everyone is growing em now ( me to )

*mr.mike*

At three to four months, nothing but an autoflower will work. Early won't do, the season is too short, even if you start inside, the days get too short too fast, then frost...
I like Masterlow the best.

Fuzzball

locomoco did the feminized critical mass come from the magazine Canamo? I ask because i spent time (3 weeks) with one of their contributers ,jonathan ott, my critical mass came from seedsman seeds bank as well as the critical haze , i havent started either yet

locoymoco

yes, My critical come from the cañamo magazine, the give away some seeds every year latlely, this months comes with some flower stimulator.

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Don't know if there is someone selling ruderalis seeds on the internet but I must tell you that an F1 with ruderalis flowers with shitty buds and low yelds from what I have tested. There is too much work to be done to make your own seeds with ruderalis, maybe you should use autoflower hybrids instead of trying to breed with rudearalis. :2cents:

Good luck! :wave:

Later edit: Just realised that a fellow grower has a great thread about ruderalis, maybe this helps: http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=66638

Bob_J

Excuse me if this has been ansered before , i am new to ic mag forums & posting ,but am an outdoor grower ,started growing outdoors in 87 in BC & have always been on the lookout for strains that work well out doors(early flowering & large yields) clones never work for me outdoors so I have always grown from seed .the only outdoor strain that i purchased thru a seed co that did what it said was emerald wonder altho i havent tried them all like mighty mite , i have tryed sensi,s early girl ,early pearl & outdoor mix as well as others & they all seem to fail miserably .the info in these auto flwr threads is awsome!

I like to make my own seed , so i am looking for info on ruderialis?like were can i get pure seed not mixed like rud/sk or rud /indica,or are these the only ones available? or which seeds company's have ruderalis avalible/

I have a 3 to 4 month growing season depening on the weather(sometimes a little longer) & was thinking of something like critical mass & ruder cross or would it be better to use a premade autoflwr like auto AK/to mix with critical mass or any of my other strains? thanks

for many years i tried alot of crosses with so called ruderalis in them. mighty mite, MMxHP,MMxbrenda skunk, durban poison, dutch treat, mango, ruderalis indica from sensi...the list goes on. the only success ive had is with guerilla gold and "lowryder" hybrids. this was at 52 degrees.
i never got to trying early wonder skunk or other solar warrior varieties. from what people have been reporting on here is auto ak-47 yields 1 oz on average per plant.
sensi seeds has ruderalis indica. from my experience it was the WORST plant ive ever grown. leafy shit that never really took off IMO.
if you want more crystals try a LRxkush. personally it was a low yielder but was smelly and full of crystal. for me it was the best outdoor ive ever grown...hands down.
for LR auto's one would have to make there own seed....fem seeds would be ideal. culling 50% of plants is a waste of amendments IMO

just some thoughts

mdanzig

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Im working on a Sour Bubble cross that has been very promising. Its hieght is what Im excited about, several are well over 3 feet.

Fuzzball

exploziv - nice link---/ Bob J I to have tryed Dutch treat & durban poison ,i know what its like to buy seed only to be disaponted time & time again. havent tryed EWS from solar but like i said the emerald wonder was great for an early flower. the yield was exelent about 8 oz in a 5 gallon bucket & that was with a year with poor growing weather & yea i am working at breeding a feminized verion of emerald wonder ,so i dont have to waste resorces ,for years i have been planting 4 plnt per hole or bag the enevitable pulling the males, generaly out of 200 bags i would end up with 5 to 8 empty bags ,still that not bad but there is always the chance of missing a male . sometimes the ratio is about 60 female for me. thanks for the input guy i will investage the auto more deeply & steer my self away from the ruderalis.Mdanzig sounds intreging ,over 3 feet the yield must be going up as well? i will be egarly watching for more info -- thanks again all

Bob_J

3 feet Mdanzig....wow. sour diesel?. ive never tried but fuck ya. will the beans be ready for spring 2010? 3' that should produce a good amount. whats the yield average like?

Thats crazy all those "early" strains didnt work! was that in your lillooet spot? Have you ever tried Lilly? its supposed to be a local strain from lillooet, I honestly think you should get emerald wonder and EWS and cross the two, everyhting should finish in the earlier of sept and have great yeilds. I wish i had the indoor room to do it myself.

Fuzzball

yep I had been growing in that area for about 14 years till thing went to shite for me there. i found a pic of emerald wonder will post it soon as i figure out how to resize?it, your post has been very inspiring to me,what with blending auto's to early finishers, Iv got 1 EW already seeded(stared them about 10 weeks ago) the male is in full bloom+am going to collect the pollen & store it for later. i started more EW 4/5 weeks ago& a few of my own strains to see how they will do up here i can . i just saw Mdamzigs latest pics -nice size for an auto flower - its going to be interesting to see how yours turn out

Fuzzball

now that i am a bit more informed in the realm of auto flrs ,i would like to go for something like Mdanzig'z powerstout - for me its all about the yield first then quality

Fuzzball

biggie -never tried lilly/ but did try one of the grizzly strains from the kootanys and it worked ,not as good as EW for me . i already have one female of EW pollenated with a EW male i am going to keep the pollen from the male in storage. i would like to build (or get) a strain that i can start in may and finnish late aug or very early sept, i think EW ,EW crosses will fit the bill.i may try tha AAK with EW ,i realy would like powerstout but its not available right now & i can get the AAK within 2 weeks & i am sure thats not to late to do some more breeding this season & with the advent of a room this winter i could breed in it but i am only allowed 15 plants & if health canacda showed up & i had 16 or 17 plants id be screwed -- oh a thought -- i just ansewrd my own question - store the pollen and use it in my room on selective branches later possibly AAK with critical mass

Fuzzball

i will have to re read how to store pollen //dry it then freez it i think. i have done it before with limited sucsess

lowrdr

you need auto ak47. large yield and it will be ready in 2 months. it was specifically designed for people like you in your situation. forget anything early as you will get nothing.

Latest posts

Latest posts