What's new

Ruderalis can't suck forever

Mr Celsius

I am patient with stupidity but not with those who
Veteran
Pops said:
Other than stealth grows or possible med reasons,I cannot figure out why anyone would breed with Ruderalis. It has damned little to offer the average stoner. If you want a short plant, chop the top off a good producer and don't screw around with Ruderalis. Maybe I am brainwashed by all the lousy reports that I have heard about Ruderalis, but I wouldn't mess with it unless it had something positive to offer in the medical sense.

All the reports that you remember were from lowryder probably. There is drug cultivar strains out there that will autoflower. Autoflowering is what ruderalis has brought, I'm going to be able to do 3 runs of my auto white russian this outdoor season, how many runs are you getting in? :p

Edit: Auto white russian

2684402_-_WR_Ato_trimmed-med.jpg

26844Russian_Popcorn_2-med.jpg

Last edited:

Pops

Resident pissy old man
Veteran
Unfortunately,Mr. Celsius, you and I have different methods. I would love to grow outside as Mother Nature intended, but the 115 degree summers with no rain somewhat preclude that. As an arthritic man in his 60's, carrying hundreds of gallons to a grow is just not possible. Stealth grows are pretty well impossible as the tallest cactus here is only a couple feet high. While my area has a lot of agriculture, it takes constant irrigation and the tallest plants don't come up to my knee. I don't need autoflowering strains when I can just reset my timers and get the same effect. Ruderalis simply doesn't have the level of cannabinoids that my patients want. I can mix crap with cake and it will make the crap taste better, but it won't do much for the cake.

BTW, I get at least 5 runs in per year, sometimes 6.

Last edited:

Tommy G

:|Sweet Seeds®|:
Vendor
Veteran
Hi people! :joint: Its going long, huh? :)

Pops said:
looks like we have the same goal. I have heard that the Obi strain is somewhat unworked and may contain both THC and CBD or a combo
Yeah, we may be looking for the same. Hokkaido Obi, from Breeders Choice as Bluebeard said, may not even be an Indica but a Sativa landrace. Also Hunza, as Bluebeard also mentioned, seems to have good chances of showing the traits we are looking for.

Thanks again Bluebeard, for sharing information about this subject.

THCV said:
psychotropic, sounds to me like you want to grow hemp, not ruderalis.
I understand why you got that idea, but I think it's not hemp I'm looking for. As I said in one of my first posts in this thread, I'm growing Ruderalis Indica from SensiSeeds, for 2 different reasons: first I want to know how is the "high" of a strain with low THC and high CBD (not forgeting that a variety with 6%THC and 2%CBD is considered a low THC/high CBD strain). Second thing, being CBD an antagonist for THC and yet a cannabinoid know for its medical properties, I may use it to mix it with other strains which I may find too strong or overwhelming for its psychoactive effects. That mix would be done not only by mixing the 2 strains in my joints but also by breeding a nice and strong Indica with the Ruderalis. Anyway I'm not growing only Ruderalis Indica, I also have other potent strains growing such as Hashplant, Afghani #1, Bubba Kush, Blueberry, SAD (Black Domina x Black Domina), Shark Attack, etc... And yes, I guess I prefer to have Ruderalis Indica to mix with the others rather than Hemp. But I may be wrong and change my mind after I satisfy my first reason why I'm growing it, as I first explained.

Anyway, as far as I know, it seems that Hemp will give you headaches and is a very harsh smoke. I'm not shure about the genetics of this SensiSeeds line, but I guess it may (it has to) be better than Hemp in terms of taste, production and effect, since it is a comercial strain from a known seedbank. And yeah ;) I'm also looking for a smoke that makes me high, 90% of the times. The other 10%, if I can smoke something that tastes good, shows medicinal properties and doesn't make me high, better then..

..and thanks THCV for your posts, they also are very informative.

Pops said:
It is incredibly difficult to find CBD levels on most strains, and the ones that I do find are generally listed as less than .1 or .2 %. Sam developed a strain that he says is 10.8% CBD
Wow, 10.8 is really high for CBD.

Pops said:
1.6%CBD is high by Dutch standards, but very low for a medical variety. I see medical reports where they gave rats a dosage of 5mg/kilogram to get results. For a human you would need 400mg or more for the same dosage. You won't get that from a 1.6% strain.
I think Sativex is THC/CBD 50%/50% and it leaves a pleasant "hashy" aftertaste in your mouth. But it seems that it is only available in some countries...

To end my post, maybe it's important to add a small quote from Sensi's description for Ruderalis Indica:

"Ruderalis Indica captures the unique flowering properties of the Cannabis Ruderalis land-race, which grows wild across Eastern Europe. Through breeding with psychoactive Indicas from the south, Sensi has added potency and the result is this hardy, extra-early hybrid that can succeed in almost any environment.

Ruderalis Indica is lower in THC than most hybrids, with a comparatively high proportion of CBD. This means she is an ideal strain for medicinal cannabis users who benefit from the many subtle effects of cannabinoids and prefer not to be overwhelmed by the unsubtle effects of being stoned."

No doubt it is much different than growing Hemp.

Stay cool :wave:

Pops

Resident pissy old man
Veteran
Psycho, let us know how it works for you. There is a whole med market out there that needs to know. Sativex is only available in Canada,U.K, and Spain.I would love to get some for my son.

Last edited:

Mr Celsius

I am patient with stupidity but not with those who
Veteran
Well, considering those plants pictured are about 18-24 inches... I don't see why you can't have some stealthy ones in your backyard and just water them once a day....?

W/e they aren't for you, fine.

dkmonk

Im confused as to why you would want a pure CBD plant. Skunkman says pure CBD is pointless to smoke and neither him nor his friends got high from it.

B

Bluebeard

You're right that CBD doesn't get you high, and actually it blocks the effects of THC. The reason why someone would want a high CBD plant is because CBD greatly amplifies the medicinal effects of THC as well as having many of its own. The other thing is that medicinal users who require very very large amounts of THC, the blocking effects minimizes the effect that consuming such high amounts has on their daily life. Getting high is great, but most people don't want to be really really high all of the time.

Okie grown

Veteran
O.K I may be alittle off topic but...I have a pack of big koh chang thai landrace sativa.I was thinking about picking the best male to collect pollen from and dusting that on a pure indica or a mostly indica.I have lots of indica (mostly) strains like subcools querkle,bog sweet c 99 ,blowfish #2 (anyone got info on this strain?),White label white widow.Nirvana k2, and a few more.Think this is a good idea?Outta make a true f1 hybride rite?I want a 50/50 mix of ind. sat.I have never grown a exact half and half before.Good idea?

dkmonk

If you like hybrids its a good idea. You could just by a strain that is already 50/50 and save the time it takes to pollinate.

Tommy G

Vendor
Veteran
Hi guys!

My 2 Ruderalis Indica, one was a male and the other is a female :)

She's now starting to flower. I leave a couple of pictures here and lets see if I don't forget to show her again before harvest as well as a smoke report...

Transplanting to a 7L container:

10 days in 12/12:

She had a couple of problems, a bit of N and some micronutrient deficiencies, but now everything is fixed and she can start to get fat and resinous :joint:

Stay cool!

Tommy G

Vendor
Veteran
One male:

And one lady:

It's now possible to get the aroma by touching the young flowers and breaking a couple of baby trychomes. It's sweet and lemony so far, like the Afghanis.

I'll keep updating this thread till the smoke report.

Good gardens :wave:

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
BlueBeard,

"As far as I am aware, ruderalis is a primary CBD producer and like modern DEA approved hemp cultivars is a homozygous Bd cultivar giving it a permanently high CBD/THC ratio which cannot be altered without the occurrence of a random mutation. CBD blocks the effects of THC so even if you could breed the THC level to be high, the CBD level would still have to be at least 10 times higher"

There are no DEA approved Hemp varieties, you can not grow hemp in the USA.
CBD only blocks THC if the CBD is taken first in a large amount. If they are consumed at the same time then CBD modifies the THC but you do get high, like in imported Afghani hash that is often almost as much CBD as THC, yet it does get you high without a doubt.

"I don't know of any westerner that was breeding in the 1960's with completely wild cannabis that had no history of being selected for potency, and even if they were the increases in potency were in large part due to introducing new populations to each other, not inbreeding.

I have, it is not as hard as you think, with analysis, but I do agree that it is much much slower then using high THC genes and making Hybrids. Remember that THC yield is the result of two factors, Bt and the sites and amounts of production, (Resin). If one is low the other will have problems making much THC.

"How do you explain the drastic decline in the pure forms of Skunk 1, Northern Lights, and Haze over the last two decades? I explain it by saying that the western breeding community is almost completely inept at sustaining the potency of a cannabis line without frequent and persistent outcrossing to new potent stock which was bred by someone else. This is mainly because male selection techniques are so incredibly subpar. When your selection criteria are poor, then no matter how much checking you do of offspring, it will take you years to go anywhere positive through inbreeding."

I explain it by noting that most of the Skunk, Haze and NL seeds bought and sold are not made by the Original Breeder but in fact are copies made by most every seed company out there. I have the same clone males and females that I did 20 years ago...and the males were selected from thousands of males after progeny testing with large numbers.

"The reason why all of this is important, is because it shows that THC/CBD ratio is not very flexible. The only real possibilities for THC/CBD ratio are you either have up to slightly more than trace amounts of one but not the other, or you have them roughly equal. For example, there's really no such thing as a plant which is 10% THC and 2.5% CBD. You can only really obtain that ratio by mixing hash or plant materials."

Not true I have them. Take a high THC variety and cross with a high CBD variety and you get 5-10% CBD and 10-20% THC, easy.
The THC/CBD ratio is flexible if you have a way to measure the CBD/THC in the plants you wish to breed with. I can make any ratio and amounts of THC/CBD you may name.

"Most potent Sativa drug cultivars can be traced back to India, which has been practicing sinsemilla cultivation, and selective breeding for thousands of years."

Sinsemilla for thousands of years? Why do you think this is true? Any proof or a reference?

If everyone thinks that high THC of over 20% is a new thing they are wrong, cultures that grew Sinsemilla 100 years ago had Cannabis that strong, wise up.
Thousands of years ago I do not know, but I doubt it.

-SamS

Last edited:
G

Hahahaha?

Their goes SAM again with that,wise up shit....

Well myself i have a REAL HARD TIME believing SAM
ever had 10,000 males to select from at one time???
Much less growout progeny from all the males to see how
they breed you know what that would take folks,the hand of god maybe?
PROOVE IT SAM hahahahaha......now go ahead and try?
im no professional breeder but i know you do NOT need 10,000 males
to choose and make good strains that sound hallarious,incredible,unbelieveable
at least???????...........so how did you do this SAM,wise up?

Just DONT like the tone SAM...........
Got any proof pics of the great males?....... :laughing:
As far as true breeding and stable goes...........thats another joke?
Give me your most true breeding and stable strains,and ill show you
dozzzzzzzens of pheno types and uncover genes you never thought possible!
Sorry for the bad rambling vibes folks but this WISE UP shit has to stop. :redface:the info is great but the tone kinda sucks,we are supposed to be
a pot smoking fun kind of people i thought?
:jump:

Last edited:

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
Lougrew! said:
Hahahaha?

Their goes SAM again with that,wise up shit....

Well myself i have a REAL HARD TIME believing SAM
ever had 10,000 males to select from at one time???
Much less growout progeny from all the males to see how
they breed you know what that would take folks,the hand of god maybe?
PROOVE IT SAM hahahahaha......now go ahead and try?
im no professional breeder but i know you do NOT need 10,000 males
to choose and make good strains that sound hallarious,incredible,unbelieveable
at least???????...........so how did you do this SAM,wise up?

Just DONT like the tone SAM...........
Got any proof pics of the great males?....... :laughing:
As far as true breeding and stable goes...........thats another joke?
Give me your most true breeding and stable strains,and ill show you
dozzzzzzzons of pheno types and uncover genes you never thought possible!
Sorry for the bad rambling vibes folks but this WISE UP shit has to stop. :redface:

Lougrew,
You may not like the tone but what I said is true, I do have pictures but I doubt it is best for me to post them. Anyway the photos don't mean a thing, the best male is one that has proven itself through progeny growouts, and I did that also. It is not that I needed 10,000 males to choose from it was more that I had the chance to select from large numbers and I did.
It is not my job to prove anything to you, you can believe me or not. But plenty of people have seen photos of my really big grows from seeds, with the main goal of genetic improvement.
Sorry you are so doubtful.

-SamS

Last edited:
G

Ok ok im having a ruff day maybe?

Well i wish i seen these pics thats all.........
Can you atleast tell me how many at a time to choose frommmmmm?
ANd how many years that took,im asuming you did like 1000 at ounce?
But then again how can you get down to just one male,that would hurt me?
Getting rid of all the other great males and bottle necking to the one man?

Realizing the one male has many progeny within it,how do get those traits stable?
By backcrossing to that one male and further bottle necking the genes......
Man SAM im 46 years old and as a STONER also i cant imagine the years thats all?

Growing out progeny from all those males and girls is just flabergasting?????????
Now those would have been the pics of a lifetime and more,you shure you not
200 years old haha.....kidd'n.....but please try and tell me in a nut shell if you can?
Then this topic may take new shape!!!

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
Lougrew,
I have posted on this before, I grew 20,000+ Skunk #1 at one location in the ground. They were all from seed. I sexed them, or helped my crew. I rejected many males for many reasons, I cloned the remaining few hundred and tested progeny (with my best female Skunk #1 clones) to determine the best male for specific end progeny results, like most consistant, most potent, most diverse (for selections), I focused on Branching, Smells, Potency, Type of High, Yield, Flower to leaf Ratio, as well as a few other things...
I still have the best males.

-SamS

Last edited:
G

Ok i think,Sam?

Even the remaining few hundred must have taken years???
You still have the best males,of all your strains your speakin right?
Just one of the skunk#1?

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
I have dozens of male clones. Several of Skunk #1.
As well as a dozen female skunk #1.
Good breeding takes time and space.

-SamS

Last edited:

marijuanamat

Crazy X Seeds Breeder
Veteran
I do alot of fishing in the UK and most anglers use hemp seed as a loose feed or mixed in groundbait.Anyway I've grown a few in a my youth and i've found hemp grown for seed is nearly always intersexed,auto-flowering ruderalis types which started to flower after around 6-8 weeks and finish late july to beg august when started late april.i asked at my local haiths(bird seed importers)and they get there hemp seed from north east china.