What's new

RSC Highland Thai - first grow

Sunshineinabag

Hello - I would like to first add that I am a geniune idiot

A bit of background - I grew up in SE Asia as a foreigner back in the early 2010's. Despite the notoriously tough and draconian laws surrounding drugs, curiosity got the better out of me and I started smoking heavily in my early teens.

As I grew up and moved back to Europe, I noticed a significant decline in my experiences with cannabis despite the quality appearing to be incomparable (brown brick weed vs hydro grown dank). It baffled me for a while but I didn't think too much of it...

View Image

View Image

Until I travelled back several years later. Of course, I didn't know it at the time but what I was smoking was likely some landrace Sativa vs heavy indica hybrids in Europe. I suspect a lot of the stuff I was getting there was Thai, Laotian and possibly the occasional Sumatran.

So I've decided, for my first ever grow, to grow RSC's Highland Thai in Northern Europe. Told you I was an idiot. Anyway, here are some pics, it looks like I have 1 male and 1 female, and 2 different phenos:

View Image

View Image

View Image

I'm still very new to this - I'm reading and learning so much from this first grow and I've still got a long, long way to go.

We're both idiots but we learn from our experiences
Great thread:smoke out:

Chi13

ICMag Donor
A quick update: I browsed through some old threads regarding the snapped hollow stem and someone had suggested an office clip to pinch it shut while it heals - well, I've gone for a peg instead...

View Image
View Image

Apologies for the shoddy images, my usual phone is broken and I'm waiting to get it fixed (may take a while ha)
Looks great. I wouldn't be concerned at all about the broken stem. It will heal.

You seem to be taming them well so far.
Have you flipped to flowering timing yet?

smogo

Looks great. I wouldn't be concerned at all about the broken stem. It will heal.

You seem to be taming them well so far.
Have you flipped to flowering timing yet?

Hi Chi13 - thank you for the encouraging comment. It's not been easy haha. They are very sensitive to nutes; I'm keeping ppm lower and feeding/watering more frequently. They seem to like less more often, as too heavy a feed quickly results in burnt tips. Also struggling with humidity at times especially when temps rise but other than that they seem happy. They are drinking a LOT of water.

I haven't flipped them yet - going to do it tonight!

Latest posts

Latest posts