What's new

Round Infinity

Jhhnn

Veteran
Yes the Gavitas are meant for WH and GH applications. And my thought process was the same as Heady's couldn't really see the sense in buying the flex. Im always about more.. always have been Yes the Flex set at 825 is supposed to rival a conventional 1K. I know you can save money and time in many ways. But for me to be able to hang the light snip in the controller and be done.

Valid points Jhhnn. Ive heard good things...It would only make sense being able to run these lights closer to the canoy in a short ceiling or tent situation. What type of 1K system were you running before? What are you comparing the 630 CDM too? And when you say Duel Stage cooling you mean Air cooled hoods and Hvac system as well? Passive Air Exchange? Not sure I follow...

Had to do an edit..Wow i was just reading about the DL systems and controller. While more expnsive option over Gavitas. The controller has allot of options. Really cool. I would love to see the performance over HID with the 630watt for sure. You have peaked my interest. I was at a store the other day and saw one hanging and did not pay any attention.

I was running a plantmax dual arc lamp on a 1000w mag ballast.

Two stage cooling in discussed in the ventilation 101 thread. There's a fan that pushes unfiltered outside air through an enclosed hood and another smaller fan w/ filter to move air through the enclosure. A lot of the heat from the lamp never gets into the enclosure from the hood & filters last longer because there's a lot less air going through them. In my situation, a house with a big evaporative cooler & no A/C, I had trouble keeping good temps in the summer w/ the 1000w system but none using the CDM's. I turned down the fan for the light for less noise but had to keep the fan venting the enclosure at the same speed because the radiant energy entering the enclosure is about the same. The CDM's produce a lot less wasted energy as infrared & conductive heat from the lamp.

I can have the tops within 12" of the glass w/ no problems w/ the 630 setup. I haven't let them get closer. 18" or so works great.

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
cross section of the plant that died;
picture.php

^ you can see a mushy spot on one side; i cut the stalk right around where the the stalk met the soil... def doesn't look healthy inside there.

no RA's or flyers anymore in bloom since the DE topcoat, so i'm not sure if they brought it down, but def were a vector while they were around

picture.php

^mushy spot on stem

popped a bunch more seeds in anticipation of spring; jabba's stash by bodhi (bubba kush x snowlotus), dakini kush, sour pex, bubba jam (bubba x "jazzberry"), ghost train haze x alien, "xxx og kush", opium x mazaar, fukushima by blasted genetics (sensi star x chernobyl), jeffro-g (harlequin x grape stomper or something like that), mazar x guerrero (from seafour i think?), "skittlez" (strawberry cough x plush), "og grail", "mother of blueberry", otto x scotts ogk, Silver grapefruit minion city diesel x agent orange, catpiss x moontang, "animal cookies" from BC bud depot (lol, joke seeds i have to pop!), grapefruit x blueberry headband, kobain kush x bubba f2, dj short f13 f2's, gg4 x moontang, lime cookies x bubba f2, elmers glue x fire cookies, dj short blueberrry f2, blueberry x lemon larry cookies, cornbread by rare dankness, gg4 blue ox x juicy fruit, elmers glue fire cookies x juicy fruit....
i know that sounds like a shitload of seeds, and it is, but not just for me, prepping for a few people right now - not just myself

germinating a ton of veggie seeds right now, tomatoes, peppers, cold weather brassicas, some early summer squash.

confirmed males: Gorilla Glue x Blue Ox, "neon purps" cross, twista x bubble gum, calio x sour bubble, las vegas bubba kush, kindness by bodhi (afgooey x snowlotus), "woca" (the white x cocoa kush), and "miles bubba kush". definitely using the miles bubba kush in one pollination, debating if i use one of these showing males or a dakini kush that's almost showing....

also, harvested some small plants today, here is a pre-harvest snap of some supercritical:
picture.php

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Damn dog. How do you even remember all of them. Even with a list I think I would be lost.

i write shit down in a garden notebook, listing them here on icmag is like my digital backup in case something happens to that notebook.

ALL the plants in bloom have at least 2 inches of compost/ewc/top dress amendments.... i think in the future i will keep this topcoat mix away from the main stem of the plant... might pack rice hulls around the stem or something or leave it exposed, don't think i'll continue to bury stems deep like i did this round on the big plants. just re-read teaming with microbes and they suggest NOT putting compost topdresses directly against the stem of plants; that might have contributed to whatever killed that big silver grapefruit.

VortexPower420

Veteran
I highly suggest that.

I follow that rule from my landscaping days. Best way to kill a tree is to pile mulch on the base of the trunk.

All my plants have a 2 " circle cleared out around the stem. Hasent steered me wrong yet.

That is one of my nightmare S.

bigshrimp

Veteran
Rooting plugs and rockwool can wick moisture to the base of the stem contributing to rot issues too. Most likely it was just brought on by those root chewers and shouldn't be a huge problem.

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
my plugs / rockwool cubes (if present, because many came from aero cloner) are beneath the soil, lower down than where that mushy spot was on the stem. all clones now are coming from aero and have no plug. so that shouldn't be a source of problems for me moving forward, and if I keep the compost away from base of stem hopefully one less thing that could contribute to rapid die off like what happened to the big silver grapefruit minion city diesel.

picture.php

^^ small lower bud on a silver grapefruit MCD, all purple & silver

picture.php

^^ glue breath... smelling sweet, fruity (cantaloupe? tropical melon?) & frosty

picture.php

^^ Glue

Last edited:

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
picture.php

^ building the library

picture.php

^^ for the plants

picture.php

^ seed germing, many ready to transplant

VortexPower420

Veteran
The way is the way is the way. Just watch out for the great ice cream cone in the sky. It will always melt...just be here now.

Whats up with the modern microbe. I have seen them around. They look like just another flashy packaged microbe product. Anything special about it?

Siskiyou

Veteran
Long Live Ram Dass. He has been on my mind often recently, partly because my wife just got me a copy of The Harvard Psychedelic Club by Don Lattin and though I haven't started reading it is heavily on my mind. My life is going through many changes and the advice to be HERE NOW is crucial. I found the juxtaposition of Be Here Now and K's book to be quite powerful. Thank You.

Awesome germination inspiration photo as well.

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Long Live Ram Dass. He has been on my mind often recently, partly because my wife just got me a copy of The Harvard Psychedelic Club by Don Lattin and though I haven't started reading it is heavily on my mind. My life is going through many changes and the advice to be HERE NOW is crucial. I found the juxtaposition of Be Here Now and K's book to be quite powerful. Thank You.

Awesome germination inspiration photo as well.

thanks sisk!

there are at least 4 more trays of seedlings popping, not just cannabis, lots of tomatos, peppers, early summer squash, some cold weather brassica, and a lil tray of salad greens

be here now has always been a part of my life. my parents always had a copy around the house when i was a kid/young adult

also some crazy live changes and intense vibes in my household lately as well... i purchased Be Here Now for my partner, who is really going thru some difficult shit right now....
the horticulture book was suggested to me and i figured it was about time for new cannabis grow book - all that "never stop learning" shit must have stuck somehow :D

2l8zywl.jpg

Last edited:

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
Miles, would you like to see another way to start your seeds that makes them look like they are on some serious steroids with out any steroids?

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Miles, would you like to see another way to start your seeds that makes them look like they are on some serious steroids with out any steroids?

yes always!
I'm always down to see and hear different and potentially better techniques. ALWAYS :D

this round i just topped my germinating peat pellets, rockwool and soil with vermiculite and VAM/modern microbes, been working well for everything, not just the cannabis - peppers, tomatoes, cucumbers, brassica, salad & squash

picture.php

^ red cherry tomato seedlings

picture.php

^mixed greens, radish, broccoli, salad...

picture.php

^ peppers and tomatoes