What's new

ROUND 2: Macro's of Green Supreme's nuggets

hubcap

StackinCalyxs
Veteran
we ALL appreciate the time and effort you put into such a beautiful post.
seems to be the norm for you.

keep up the great work!
i for one, am floored by such wonderful quality captures.

im sure youve covered it a million times, but, for us older folk, who arent as "search" inclined can you cover your camera and lens you use to take these?

amazing!

tks again for takin the time to share em
:wave:

bubbleman

Veteran
thanks steel, was a fun shoot to say the least.

hubcap thanks for the kind words man, i can tell you without problem what my camara set up is , in fact i even took a few shots for ya.
I use a canon 40D body, with a MPE 65mm Canon macro lens, and the Mt24ex twin flash. Manfrotto tripod legs with a 410 head by gearhead . The photos of the rig show the lens fully extended to 5:1, the lens alone weights two lbs, so you can imagine this can get tricky doing handheld shots at anything above 3:1

194DSC09752_Large_1.JPG

194DSC09751_Large_1.JPG

194DSC09754_Large_1.jpg

peace
Bubbleman

G

guest3854

That's one bad ass lookin' rig ya got there BMan . Love tha transparency of melt shots .

Steele

Sleepy

Veteran
wow...do you mind if i resize some of those for avatars?

that is an awesome camera! :jawdrop:

:kewlpics: :dance:

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Hey bubbleman, Just looking at that last shot of yours and thinking about bubble formations, and was pondering something. Is there also a bubble on the opposite side of the gauze? Or is it a one sided bubble? Is it a dome or a full double sided bubble? Does the greater surface area of the top side, cause the tension to drop, (compared with the tension of the surface areas between the gaps in gauze) making it the weakest part of the structure and so the area that gives as the gasses in side collect/expand. Or does the gauze merely support the product with the bubble enclosing the whole lot and expanding as any new vapours are given off?

bubbleman

Veteran
Hey steel whats up buddy, yeah i gotta say i love a nice clear dome myself.

Sleepy absolutely man, avatar' clear domes for everyone.

Now to answer GMT's question, quiet possibly one of the funniest questions i have ever learned, I read it out loud to my wife and she was just laughing her head off. SHe thinks we're geeks about all this stuff, and GMT just sealed the deal>
I am not sure how to answer that entire question, but i can answer a few parts of it. The dome itself was a single dome, that was on the bottom of the screen> OFten clear domes can pop up on top , bottom or both> However depending on the melt factor a clear dome on the top of the screen can be a little easier. I am still waiting to get some tasty double dome shots like perhaps>
I would say the dome itself is being held together by the rest of the hash on the outersides of the screen. Once the bowl gets lit again the dome pops instantly> one thing i can mention about the clear dome's is that it is a good way to decipher if your hash is actualy dry> A foggy dome is a sign that moisture is still present in the bubble.

Peace
Bubble man

ps, meant no disrespect GMT, just really had a good laugh, we are alll such geeks about this stuff, i love it.

very nice pics im envious of the camera setup im still cranking out the pics with my ole trusty cannon ae-1 35mm old school but great camera none the less but i deffinatelly want to get a digital setup someday ill be rich :) this threads great very helpful for somewhat newer growers as myself so we can see what trichs look like at certain time frames in a plants life or even at harvest which are the most important :) atm yo me anyways thanx to your pix i believe ill be harvesting today :) i looked at my girls with a 60x mini microscope and so far so good im hoping that they are erady from lookng last night im pretty sure they are once light kicks on ill confirm that thanx for the pictures man

Latest posts

Latest posts