What's new

Round 1 in Vertville!! 2x600W Flipflop V-SCRoG

Femora

@DHF; aaaah... Info! Thanks! :)

@franken~
Ive been checking out cap controllers and some different burners..

I have a issue with the voltage.. All cap is 120v and i have 230v..
An adapter could be sufficient for about 200w, and i cant find out how much the cap uses.. I guess the 10/15a fuse @ 120v is for the possible heating-device/fans/(de)humidifyers that are controllable(?)
And If ill only control the co2 on/off ill be just fine with 200w.
Gah, I dislike thinking when I lack important "x" and "y" in the formula....

Ill snap some photos tonight that ill upload later this weekend..
There is some nice budsetting going on! :D

Femora

Day 26 12/12

Day 26 12/12

Hey there!

Im ebayyin' my ass off trying to find some suitable CO2-equipment to add in the growroom.. All those C.A.P are 120V, so is most burners.. And I really can't find anything on 230 that I know for sure will work out.
I think I have to spend some time searching forums, looking at other peoples solutions to make this one work.

The backup-plan would be a converter; 230V->120V -> max 200w, and use this to the controller-device that hopefully could start the planned burner..

Another thing ive been looking at is the portable-hot-water heaters.
But even.. If I buy one of those I cant regulate it, and I have to manually adjust the CO2 by letting a pump on pushing water throu the device to let it "on", and then I need to cool the water somewhere... I guess I could use a nute-res, but I have to make sure that it wnt get to hot..
Or are those possible to control somehow else?

And... If I go that path; I still need a device to read the CO2 PPM to be able to adjust it somewhat properly.

Sigh.. Anyways..!

Im at day 26 when I took these pics...

There is a none-saying pic, but I like it for some reason so.. here it is!
picture.php

And here is a few shots from "flower1"-room.

picture.php

picture.php

A stem;
picture.php

And I have an intruder in there!
picture.php

Should I worry for a ant-invasion? Ive seen another 3-4 ants in there over time.. I think they get in there throu the hole I made in the thin concretefloor when I built the new walls.

As I said; The room is not sealed, and cannot be sealed, so the ants might sneak in from outside too..
Im thinking that they might be useful in there... keeping possible gnats under control or something. as long as they not multiply in numbers that is...

Stay safe!
Fem~

D

DHF

From personal experience many yrs ago outside Fem........Ants and termites will make nests in your root mass/medium and proliferate.......

Had a termite infestation in one particular patch way back in the day outside , and literally within a week I had 30-10' plants on the ground turned into mulch cuz the lil bastards ate the plants from the inside out.......

Started at the base of the stems in the ground and ate the pulp from the bottom up till they fell over dead....that said.....

Not sure bout your lil invaders but I wouldn`t trust em cuz they`re sugar lovers.....and guess what.....

Pot plants shit resin once stretch is over in full swellage , and I`d be wary and leary of ants bein around and attracting 1000`s of others in late flower tryin ta eat all the trichome glands and get stoned and full at the same time......LOL.....anyways.......

My 2 cents from all them yrs darlin , and don`t mean to naysay or bring bad tidings but rather have yas err on the side of no tolerance to ANY critters in the grow area unless they`re beneficial insect predators ....regardless.....

Good luck and holler if I can help....

Peace....DHF.....:ying:.....

Femora

Oh.. Even if these ants might be friendly... its a risk im not willing to take to be their landlord and host!
Anti-ant measures will be enabled on the morrow. Full force, no mercy....

Them ladies are still stretching.. Should be over within a few days, and then the fans will start go 'chop-chop'! :)
I belive it will be a bit tight in there even when all the leafs are gone.. But we'll see..
There is to mans fans in there to get a decent pic of all the stems/budsites.

Bad news1 is that the internodal distance is ridicilous at some of the plants, and i cant figure the reason..
Maybe its a "bad" pheno,and the lights been a bit to high elevated for them..

Bad news2 is I found mold on a few fans that got nested in each other. It seems like I got it all away, and no other parts are ill..
I have to high rh (75-99%) in there, and the temps didnt really work out as planned. Those stonewalls eat the heat in a totally other way then the wooden box. Id never imagine the difference to be this big..
Im between 14-22C.. :/
Hopefully can some minor timer-adjustments on the fans sort it out a little.

Stay safe!

D

DHF

Oh.. Even if these ants might be friendly... its a risk im not willing to take to be their landlord and host!
Anti-ant measures will be enabled on the morrow. Full force, no mercy....

Them ladies are still stretching.. Should be over within a few days, and then the fans will start go 'chop-chop'! :)
I belive it will be a bit tight in there even when all the leafs are gone.. But we'll see..
There is to mans fans in there to get a decent pic of all the stems/budsites.

Bad news1 is that the internodal distance is ridicilous at some of the plants, and i cant figure the reason..

Bad news2 is I found mold on a few fans that got nested in each other. It seems like I got it all away, and no other parts are ill..
I have to high rh (75-99%) in there, and the temps didnt really work out as planned. Those stonewalls eat the heat in a totally other way then the wooden box. Id never imagine the difference to be this big..
Im between 14-22C.. :/
Hopefully can some minor timer-adjustments on the fans sort it out a little.

Stay safe!
Environment is the most important factor in the equation Fem.......

Without proper airflow and ambient temps within 10 degree variables lights on/lights off in the mid 70s-mid 80`s metabolism will slow and produce accordingly......

Just tryin ta help.......and.....

Things to ponder.....DHF......:ying:......

Mister_D

Veteran

Fred is absolutely right about environment, should be your first priority on the dialage end of things. Also internode spacing is to a large degree genetically dependent, but can also be influenced by environment and feeding practices. Speaking of feeding, you are getting what is known as "the claw". You leaf tips are curling down and turning yellow at the tips because of too much nitrogen. Try giving your plants a couple half strength feedings then resume at 3/4 strength of what you are using now. You can further adjust from there, if necessary, based on the plants reaction. I don't know of any co2 controllers that operate on 220v, but you might try searching out some of the European horticulture companies. Possibly look to professional greenhouse level suppliers. Or a 220 to 120 converter would likely work fine as well. Co2 controller and the burner both shouldn't ever require more than 100w and 1 or 2 amps combined, likely much less.

Looks like you've had a rough start, but you definitely have the right attitude for success. I mean shit you chose vert, that right there shows good character :biggrin:. I'll be subbing in to see what you do with this beast, and offer advice when I'm around. Good luck and welcome to vertville :tiphat:

Very interesting grow to follow, and if i remember correctly the internoding space can go crazy if the OFF/ON temps are too far apart, like DHF said i believe.

Keep it up! good work :)

Femora

Oh oh oh... Thanks for the kind words, the tips and all the information you all toss at me! Its all greatly appreatiated!

I know that the dialage is the key to success.. And in trying, slowly slowly in small steps..
There is 3 big issues that hold me back and I figure I should tell you about em to hopefully give you more insight in my grow.. (And hopefully let you all come with advices that i dont have to reject cus of eg power.. and seem like a ignorant kiddo..) :p

1: there is no water in there, i have to carry 25liter cans about 200 meters...
2: there is no drainwaste...
3: my electricity is limited to 1 line, 1,5mm2 for about 100-120 meters, and I dont dare to use more power then 1kW~. At 1300w i have a voltagedrop that is disturbingly high. :/

Speaking about power... When my growbuddy went to check on the ladies last night and give them water.... it was pitch black in the flower boxes.
Apparently my powerdistrubution-box were overloaded somehow, and the plastic caseing around the connectionpoint had melted..
He made a emergency-connection-solution to make it work and Ill sort that out on monday.

Im glad nothing caught fire.. On the other hand was the box placed so it would not start a fire in case of electrical problems causing heat..

Ill snap some pics when I get there. There should be swellage-mode ON for these ladies now :)

Thanks, and stay safe!
Fem~

Femora

1 May

1 May

Now we should be about 5w2d into flower, thats 37 days since 12/12...

Im getting the temps up to 16/23C, RH 75-95. I have a dehumidifyer incomming in a few days that Ill have to run to make sure that I wont get mold...

Ive been plucking a few leafs from each lady for every second day for a week-9 days or and are now increasing the "plucking-speed".
The plan was to take the remainings in 2 rounds, but I might need 3, cus of all those leafs.. Anyways, they have opened up quite alot and... I seriously think that I have way to much growth in there. Even to much budsites. I cant really separate them in a good way at some spots in the nets.
This feeds my fear of mold..

Skills improved:
Dialing the vegtime! +2
Dialing lollipopping/pruning +3
LOL

Here is some shots!

Before defo;
picture.php

After defo;
picture.php

And you can see that the leafs are starting to get crispy.
picture.php

Its really hard to take good pics with a cellphone..
The small spaceing and a 600 HPS trying to hug/poke you all the time dosnt make it easier...

So, here is a quite bad pic on one of the plants.. Ill try to get some other shots on the spots where its TIGHT (REALLY TIGHT) in there.

picture.php

On top of this.. Im feeling a bit down cus of my lack of possibilitys to right now expand and make a proper, wellplanned grow.
Its like.. Hard to keep up... and trying to improve the grow when the equipment is the primary Blackman's right now. -sad smiley-
(=I cant improve the grow any more right now cus eg lack of wattages...)
Or, thats how it feels at least. Maybe a dehumidifyer, and a CO2-burner could fix my CO2, the warmth and the risk of mold. But I cant motivate myself to a 800E investment on something I might not be able to use right now.

Well... I have the OutDoor-season poppin' up.

Since Im way to much north to even think about regular strains, or even early flowering strains.. Im in "Full Auto-mode!"

I am in for about 20 strains, 100-120 seeds totally.

I've transported about 1200 liters of soil, 100l leca, some perlite/vermikulite, blah blah.. anything I might find useful in my upcomming garden. hehe...

frankenstein2

Astronaut Status
Veteran
Things are looking good mang. I know what it's like to wanna go bigger and not have the juice. Time for you to save up for some in ground 10-2 wire and run some 220 to that bitch.Everything is possible, somethings just take time.

Femora

Day 41

Day 41

A few pics of whats going on.. nothing new really, except for;
I got a de-humidifyer installed. I hope it will lower the RH to 45-55~, but we'll see in a few days!

I really dont like to use it, since every time it start I get a drop in the lightning, and it takes a few seconds for the light to tune up from 90% back to 100 again. (approx numbers, eh..)
well, gotta try it out atleast!

I trained them ladies after the leaf-removal into a WALL... I once again manage to fill up the screen way to much *sigh*

First out is a pic of something really awkward.. A bud-formation on a leaf!??! Eeeehh...

picture.php

And I was speaking about a mess a few posts ago.. Here we go!

picture.php

Just... Gah!
picture.php

And.. Im quite satisfied with this one. But I figure I would need like a 25-liter bucket to make that into a heavy yielder...

picture.php

So long! Stay safe!

D

DHF

I don`t know darlin...plants look under-developed for day 41 to me , but maybe it`s strain dependent ?.........

Better chalk this run up to the learning curve and be happy with the nuggage whatever it may be by end of cycle......

Canopy development from knowing where each plant will finish stretchin to once hormone changes occur and swellage begins is EVERYTHING in vertical setups.....

Good luck Fem....

Peace....DHF.....:ying:......

I just wanna say that i dont think that they look too underdeveloped. :)

Enjoying this grow! more pics of the "full grow space" is appreciated!

Mister_D

Veteran
I don`t know darlin...plants look under-developed for day 41 to me , but maybe it`s strain dependent ?.........

Agreed, they do look under developed, but given time they'll finish decently. I'd wager the reason they are behind comes down to several things, mainly excess nitrogen during the flowering cycle (showing itself as DARK green leaves, curling leaf tips, and yellow burnt leaf tips). Other contributors would be high temps, potential nute lockout (from feeding to heavy), and possibly watering frequency/amount. What are the NPK numbers of the nutes you are using? How much are you adding per gal. or liter when mixing your feed solution?

Femora

Yeah... I figure this round is something like a failure concerning dialage, and I feel stuck kinda..
I was speaking with my mate about getting a excavator and install a bigger powerline and water.. But I would still miss a drain.
Hmmm... It would sure ease up alot of things.. I could add another 1200w, co2-generator and a controller... and id probably need a chiller/ac, but that would work with unlimited power...
Food for thought!

-------

I stood there today.. removing some more leafs and cursing myself for not going harder on suckers/small branches
I was told to go hard on them suckers, I did... I thought.. But it was far from enough.. Blah.. :wallbash:

I had to remove a few minor "main" branches that were into what I would define as "Mordor" due to fear of mold and underdevelopment in a really packed area.

Whats good (read; Not bad) news is that when comparing the buds/budsites from my last grow it seems like they are quite thesame at this stage.. So there is still hope for some nice stuff comming out of this... But I left that last grow 76-77 days (!!)

About nutes and temps..

Its been 16-23C (61-73F) in there all throu the grow. The RH has been 65-95%. The dehumidifyer works like mad right now, and was filled up this afternoon. It sure needs some evac so it wont get full..

The nutes is greenhouse power feedings
During stretch I used
N-P-K-Mg: 18+12+18+(1.2)
and since 2 weeks or so;
15+7+22+(3.6)
When I now look at those numbers... DHFs preacing about never deny plants "P" during flower... I feel a bit retarded... hrrrmmm..

They've got 1g/l (recommended dose) and thats EC 1.1-1.2.
pH is lowered from about 6.2 to 5.6 +-0.2
The feeding-interval is about 5 times per week..

btw, those nutes.. are so sensitive to pH-!
I have some cheap veg-nutes to the new plants and the cuttlings, and they can take about 4 times the dose approx to get thesame down-numbers!!

I believe the main reasons for the slow development is the low temps, the lack of a proper airchange (=not enough CO2) and a waaay to small container to sustain all those budsites with proper amount of nutes.
On top of that I havent set up my drippers, cus I was thinking like a turd and designed the tables totally wrong to get a easy going drainage/back to res.
And when the tables was there.. my RL hit me in the face and demanded some serious time. :/

Ill get that rebuilt and installed until next round, thats for sure!

Im thinkin about getting a tattoo on my arm.. It would say: Blackman's law :whee:
heheh...

Im glad you all stopped by!

Take care, stay safe!
Fem~

Femora

Not really.. I lack space to make something decent, and I think (hope) a recirculating system will work better with my conditions.
But thanks for the input!! Ive been down this thinking-lane before.. Its good to get back there and think about it once again.. but I cant see it as a better solution then re-circ.

Thanks anyways for popping the idea!! :)

Femora

The cost of knowledge...

The cost of knowledge...

Soo... My learning-curve is going up up up, but nothing comes easy, or for free..

So; Planning my next run, I have 2 Brainstorms, 2 Jorge's Diamonds and 5 Outlaw going in.
Ive let them grow up without any fan in there, so.. I added a tablefan to rotate the air and train the stems.
The plants were in small cups.. most of them. I figured I only had coco for about 3 containers...
Anyway; what happend is they started to transpire waaay more then what I thought was possible and the small container was.. well.. to small! So when I came to look on them the next day they were sooo tired. I was afraid I lost 2 of them. I watered them in a haste, removed the fan and.... well... the right pic is 2,5 hours later.

picture.php

Thats part one.. Give your ladies proper containers and make sure you have sufficient supplies at home.

And now to the really sad part in this learning-thingy.
I still have high RHs in there. The dehumidifyer works day and night but can only remove about 3 liters of water at the time. then it stops until its empty manually and its filled in less then 20 hours..
I can only go there about every 2nd day tops... So I have to make a drain to a wastebucket. I just couldn't make it tonight.

But the amount of small leafs getting moldy in there is way to high and to fast to make me certain that it will acctually work anyway...

And Im afraid for this first encounter with mold... It would really suck to have to cut them now.

So.. Folks.. If the buds start to get mold.. What do I do? Cut it all down and save whatever there is to save?

Here is todays pics;
A panorama of one wall. (1/4 of the total growth)

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php