What's new

Rosetta's New Cab

Thanks cheesebuds!

Looks like I have until the end of October, so I can flower her for about 45 days, hopefully she's a quick finisher, but we'll see what happens.

Here's a few pics from today. Day 10 flower, showing pistils at the bud sites now. She didn't stretch too hard, but she definitely pushed out a lot of growth. I still have some room to move the lights up in any case. I'd like to do an overhead shot of her, but the size of the cab makes that difficult, plus the screen is mounted in the box.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Hey everyone, the situation has improved a bit, and it looks like I'll have until mid-late November now. Best case scenario I may not have to chop early at all. So minimum 3-4 weeks, but we shall see. The smell is quite nice already, kind of a citrus vibe to it. I know the skunk genetics should have her smelling nicely by the time she's done. Sorry for the lack of updates, hopefully I'll get to it more often since things have calmed down a bit.

I stuck another 2700k 13w bulb in there which brings the wattage to a total of 171 watts.

Here she is, day 29 flower, buds starting to put on a little weight, a little frost, few hairs have turned here and there. I wish I could get a full picture of her, but with keeping the light so close (thank god she finished stretching when she did) I don't have access to the buds in the back, and I can't take a full pic of her, not until the end that is :biggrin:

picture.php

I've counted 30+ tops, it's a little crowded, but she should yield pretty good imo. She's very green/healthy and isn't showing me any issues so far. Here's a few more pics of her buds:

picture.php

picture.php

K

kiwi_growa

She's lookin veery good my friend:). I am stoked that your problem with having to chop her early has solved itself.

She is lookin really nice, 30+ tops sounds like a decent harvest in November! Really dig the short compact buds that come with CFL bulbs. As I said earlier in this thread - I cannot wait to see her finish up. She is gonna be huge. Keep up the good work and keep that ventilation on at all times because there is gonna be a lot of humidity building up in there with so many tops.

Ciao

NKOTS

follow the pink rabbit!
Veteran
:wave:

rabbit was too busy lately but still cannot figure out how i was missing this thread for so long :bashhead:

anyway, looking very nice so my pink paws are crossed for a happy finish! :good:

peace out, buddy :smoke:

Midgar06

That is a very nice Scrog Rosetta. I would agree with the other that say get those leaves out of there. That is a great place for mites and other pests you don't want to hide. But hey I'm not the one with 30+ tops. Keep up the good work man. Glad to hear your issues resolved. Keep up the good work! Subbed.

Thanks for all the replies everyone! I'm sticking by the leaf mulch for now, Midgar06, but if I have an issue with pests in the future I'll think about removing it.

Update: I have a little less than 3 weeks until chop at this point, but she's doing well and should put on some weight by then. The smell is just fantastic, a clean lemon sort of smell. I've come across a few plants that started with a lemon smell and ended up with a piney-lemon type smell at the end that I was less fond of, but I have a good feeling about this one. She's started to frost up nicely at well.

Day 39 flower, you can see about half the scrog from this.
picture.php

I'm still getting used to this camera, but I managed to get some bud shots with the lights off.
picture.php

picture.php

Density feels good so far, although I try to handle them as little as possible.
picture.php

Some leaf curling, not sure what it's from, but maybe it's just heat stress from being directly under the 125w. It's only on a few buds and it's pretty mild.
picture.php

Midgar06

Sorry Rosetta I didnt realize you were mulching. I thought there were just dead leaves on top. Mulch is great stuff. Plants are looking good keep up the good work!

I can see why you'd be concerned if you though I had just left them to rot. No bugs or funky mold or anything down there, just leaves breaking down, all from plants grow in that organic soil indoors.

Update Day 46

She's slowly showing more signs of maturity. She's got about 2 weeks from today until I've got to chop, or until day 60. I'll feed probably 1 more time then it's only water and a little molasses for the microherd. Smell gets better as she goes, definitely some skunk traits coming out, but still getting a bit of that wonderful lemon bliss in there.

Here's a shot of the Scrog:
picture.php

A few bud shots:
picture.php

picture.php

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
looks like ur gunna get a gr8 amount of buds in there. nice n frosty too. def wanna see the harvest. :)

Thanks for all the kind replies everyone! I'll definitely make sure to update to the end, the way I have things planned I should have a few days to take pics once they dry and get a final update up.

Last Update Before Harvest, Day 53

She's progressing well, still throwing new pistils/somewhat foxtailing on the tops, moreso the ones nearer to the 125w. Trichomes look mostly cloudy from what I can see with my loupe. I started the flush a few days ago, plain water w/ honey (I prefer blackstrap molasses, but this works for me), but I'll cut the honey out for the last watering.

I've actually removed the carbon filter for this last week. The big reason for this is to improve airflow and lower temps, hopefully helping them along a little quicker. The box was running at 82-85F and now is down to 75-79F lights on (still warmer than I would like, but reasonable). I decided to do it because I noticed something the other day, and that was the distinct lack of a smell whenever I opened the cab. Once I touch the buds, I can smell a potent lemon funk, maybe some lemon candy or something, really yummy. Otherwise nothing. I always heard Northern Lights was a low odor strain, but this is puzzling. There's no smell whatsoever in the room it's in, carbon filters been off for 12+ hours, and the extra airflow should have kicked up a stench if there was gonna be one. This phenotype could be very valuable for it's stealth, if this isn't just some sort of fluke.

Here's a shot of the scrog from a little earlier:
picture.php

You can really only see part of it due to the size restraints of the box and the lights, but that's micro growing for you lol. It'll be worth it though, there are a good number of buds I haven't even really seen yet! Needless to say, I really can't wait to pull this b*tch out of there and see what I've actually got. She's gonna be early, the buds aren't huge, but they're quite dense/hard and have a good amount of resin. I think I'll get an ounce +, but it's hard for me to really say with how little I can actually see.

I've neglected a good upskirt shot for you guys, check this gnarly beast out:
picture.php

You may notice how dense the canopy is, I never gave her a good defoliation during early flower, so I wouldn't set her back at all and hurt my yield, since I'm time restrained on this grow (kind of a fun challenge if you ask me, though!). There are little buds down there that are surprisingly nice for getting so little light. Anything too skimpy will go to oil.

Now for some bud shots:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I took some more macros for you guys as well. The darker/ more blue looking pics I take using an LED tap light, it's very bright, and really quite handy for checking out the resin glands with the lights out (only during the light period, of course) camera or not. Really makes them catch the light and pop out. The more yellow pics are just with the lights on.

Most of these are just the tops I have access to, thus there are more new pistils in these areas.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I had to edit this one slightly to bring the brightness up and not wash it out too much, but it came out really well.

picture.php

NKOTS

follow the pink rabbit!
Veteran
wow, what beauties! :good:

that purple branching pic is just fabulous! :yay:

your're doing great, RS, keep up great job.

2 Qs if you don't mind:

1. why add honey for the flushing?
2. which trichs do you inspect to determine if she is mature enough- the new ones at the very top or the older ones below?

peace! :smoke:

Last edited:
Thanks soursmoker! My experience with scrogging so far has been awesome, definitely recommended! :tiphat:

NKOTS :thank you: I use the honey to feed my microherd, give them a little energy boost to finish up some of the food in the soil. It should also contain some other trace nutrients that should be somewhat beneficial.

I try to check multiple places on the buds for the trichomes, the sugar leaves are often a poor indicator because they get amber very early in my experience. I don't heavily rely on looking at the trichs, though, I usually just try to pay attention to the plant and go with my gut when I believe I see enough signs of maturity :biggrin: