What's new

Root Rot

TheArchitect

Veteran
Beneficials won't work unless you fix the cause of your problem.

Did you take my advice and get approprately sized pumps and aerate your res?

I thought I made cear before, and I am always pounding into peoples head, the importance of dissolved oxygen levels. You need to increase you DO levels if you want to stand a chance.

Guess what h2o2 does, it increases dissolved oxygen. ;)

medicalmj

Veteran
...Guess what h2o2 does, it increases dissolved oxygen. ;)

Very true. I once once was spending $80 month (for 2 gals) of food grade 35%. It works no doubt. But that adds up. I never used to use it and never had an issue in hydro (mainly RW cubes on slabs top fed) and when I switched to dwc I went for a while before I had an issue in my dwc. My buddy in the commercial biz explained the H2O2 deal. which saved the day. Eventually tried the EWC and that helped but at the end of the grow when those buckets were stuffed w roots there'd be areas in that mass that just wasn't getting enough DO and it'd showed. Just not enough to cause big probs. I don't think they could grow a whole lot longer before i'd have to go back to H2O2 to get O2 in there.

Iffy

Nil Illegitimus Carburundum
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi Folks,
Another update on my calamitous problem. Down to three plants now, which are showing faint signs of recovery.
I had a 'post mortem' on three of the ones I removed today & the rootball was just choked. Huge mass of brown roots, some of it so matted I'm not surprised that with the environmental issues root rot took hold.
Ah well, you live and learn. Bought 5L of H2o2 to be going on with & cracking some more seeds now for the next attempt.
Massive clean down coming up, depends on the three that are left. If they don't respond in the next couple of days - chop & start again!
Need to mount the table on two timber rails before the next grow, to take the slight bow out of the table.
Stay safe people :tiphat: