What's new

Root Aphids eggs??

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
@ Phil....hahahahaha - if only my brother!!! Some nice gold caps would certainly pass the time. ;)

@ watts - not to suggest that the educated opinion does not exist here on ICmag. Lotta smart folks here... :joint: It was years ago that I first learned to trust in the infinite wisdom of Canna forums - it just isn't an approachable topic elsewhere...TRULY these forums are a blessing...

dank.Frank

GeorgeSmiley

Remembers
Veteran
Maybe, Arbuscular mycorrhizal colony

original.jpg

300px-Nodes.jpg

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The plants that had it are all growing fine....so I'm not worried about it. I accepted your answer earlier, fwiw, GSmiley.

dank.Frank

Granger2

Veteran
Frank,
I can say that I am quite experienced with Root mofo Aphids. First, the roots look great [props]. If you had even a lite infestation they wouldn't look like yours.

I'm not sure of anything. If it were me, I would continue what you've been doing, but be vigilant. If you see ANY leaf yellowing, do a root inspection with a large low power magnifying glass. The RAs will very quickly retreat into the medium, so be quick.

I would also go ahead and buy whatever you decide to use for treating root aphids. If you see any, you'll be able to treat immediately. That's important cuz the plants will decline rapidly, and the worse the damage, the slower the recovery time. Recovery time is very slow from RA damage.

Also have on hand Roots Excelurator.

I've conquered RA's [it's always temporary]. I've been successful controlling the sumbitches organically. I recommend a 30 min soak in Cedarcide CPO Choice, followed by a thorough flush. Feed veg nutes w/ extra P and Roots Exc.

Then start using Botanigard [Mycotrol liq.] at least monthly, and ben. Nematodes monthly. Good luck. -granger
NOTE: I now [4-10-14] use 2-3 tsp/gal of Cedarcide PCO Choice. Higher concentrations cause root damage. Best to try on expendable plants, flush, wait 7-10 days to see if they pass. Very effective repellant too. Now using OGBioWar foliar and root @4 tsp/gal, every other week. Still with 2 apps of Heterorhabditus and S. carpocapsae mixed during bloom. -granger

Odd, I had the exact thing in one of my pots two days ago. I bombed the hell out of everything. My second guess was fungi. No time to ponder! Only thing I have noticed in my media (coco) are spring tails.

I also run coco.I had the same myco,I guess. Probably harmless trichoderma,as the Ugro bricks I use come innoculated with it,lol. Freaked out,and plucked it all off at the time:laughing:.

I also have springtails. I've read some conflicting stuff about them. The majority don't sweat it at all,and a small minority are swearing springtails are fucking substantially with their yields. Have you noticed anything?

Latest posts

Latest posts