What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Roommate has lung cancer... Any cannabis info specific to Lungs?

Bi0hazard

Veteran
I assume you want to find strains high in THC and CDB for lung Cancer. Especially strains high in CDB.

1) Lung Cancer greatly reduced by Cannabinoids: Antineoplastic Activity Of Cannabinoids
http://www.ukcia.org/research/AntineoplasticActivityOfCannabinoids/index.php

2) Δ9-Tetrahydrocannabinol inhibits epithelial growth factor-induced lung cancer cell migration in vitro as well as its growth and metastasis in vivo
http://www.nature.com/onc/journal/v27/n3/abs/1210641a.html

3) THC cuts lung cancer growth, spread
http://scienceblog.com/18538/thc-cuts-lung-cancer-growth-spread/

4) Marijuana May Fight Lung Tumors (CBS News)
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/04/17/health/webmd/main2696726.shtml

5) Cannabinoids for Cancer Treatment: Progress and Promise
http://cancerres.aacrjournals.org/content/68/2/339.full

6) Cannabis and Cannabinoids (PDQ®) Cancer.gov website
http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/pdq/cam/cannabis/healthprofessional/page4

7) Cannabinoids may suppress tumor invasion in highly invasive cancers
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2007/12/071226004546.htm

Hope these help.

Dank Regards,

Bi0hazard

SpaceKiller

dont worry it will be good, my girlfriend had a cancer tumor in her lungs and has had full blown cancer. she made it just fine though, just tell him to keep a strong mind and the treatments should go smoothly. hoping he is getting treated somehow that is..

i highly recommend if youre getting a vaporizer for your pall you make sure you get a water filter attachment. they can be easily made or you can just attach the end of the tube you would normally inhale from to a bong stem and use that also.

its just very important to have the water filter or some type of cooler for the vapor as the heat can easily irritate his lungs, definitely do not want that.

also depending on where you are and what you are able to medically get, try to get strains that put very low stress on the lungs and are known for being smooth. i wouldnt suggest having him doing any strains that will put a lot of stress on his lungs or would cause them to feel irritated.

another good note is invest in a vaporizer that either pushes air on its own or takes no effort to inhale from, some are hard to inhale and can cause your lungs to hurt after using them so long from inhaling for cetrain periods of time.

hopefully this helps, my love had chemotherapy so as far as that i cant really say what else can be done about it other than that.

hopefully you found some of that helpful as i know exactly what its like sadly she doesnt really care and will rip a bong hit like a champion and not give a shit but i try to take care of her anyway with what little i can.

lol dont let him smoke like her though, sadly i cant get her to stop completely for the life of me she just loves smoking too much... you think the tumor wouldve stopped her... but do your best to make sure he makes the best decisions when your around.

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
this baking soda treatment that you mentioned is rather interesting

found this link for anyone interested. http://healthnews.benabraham.com/html/stop_cancer_with_baking_soda.html

this one is rather interesting too http://www.bamboo-delight.com/download/Cure_Cancer_with_Baking_Soda.htm (though their comments about meat eating, seem rather idiotic, considering people such as the people of greenland that lived on almost 100% meat diet for centuries or even thousands of years.)

Saw those earlier, thanks for posting the links though :)
Always keep in mind that baking soda is only recommended for a maximum of 3 weeks. Similar things to eating tums/rolaids all the time would begin to happen to your digestive system, if not worse.

100% meat? I can see that...... if they were blood type O. Personally I'm blood type A and even a small piece of meat takes a painful 3 days to go through my digestive tract. :( Bleah!

The body is an amazing machine with a FANTASTIC ability to heal itself. You won't win any races on shitty gas though..... the food you choose to eat is the most important decision you can make when it comes to health. No contest.

Here's an acceptable link for the Blood type food choices.
I've followed this information (off and on) for about 10 years and introduced this way of choosing your foods to many people. Every single person that has tried this has improved in health, energy, weight (both loss and gain), mental and so much more.

I've only recently been completely free from processed foods 100% and the difference is astounding! Start today! :D

Thanks Bio and Space :D Appreciate the links and info... will pass it on for sure. :D

Stay Safe!

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
They've decided to die.

Moved back home and doing whatever the docs and family say now. That means they won't change their diet and habits and since I won't be there to force feed them enough cannabis oil... I don't have much hope for them.

Thanks anyway folks but if you don't want to live, there's not much anyone else can do about it.

Toodles!

Phaeton

Speed of Dark
Veteran
I know pretty much all I need to about the cancer living in my lung, but being a smoker this thread title intrigued me.

Did a countdown to death when the tumor started doubling every 40 days. Was supposed to die late June. I refused all treatment but for symptoms. Dropped 95 pounds and said my goodbyes.

Then it stopped. Just like that. Soon I was walking around. Now I do all kinds of stuff that doesn't involve running or weight lifting.
Its still there, almost two pounds of metastasized liver cancer in my right lung. But one day (July 2) it just stopped growing, no warning at all.

I never quit smoking oil, hurt less than vaping even. Smoking did not kill me, even when I was supposed to die anyhow.

The point is, if I had gone through excruciating treatments and spent everything I had, I still would have got better.
But the doctor would swear by his treatment and notch up another statistic on the winning side

If I had gone organic and done all the things recommended in this thread, I still would have got better.
But again the treatment would get the credit.

What I did is personal and for my own comfort at the time, but I know my belief did not save me. The cancer stopped growing like it hit a wall, could start up again the same way. Someday we will know how that works.

I am glad to be alive and glad I will be able to die my own way. Friends and relatives that pushed their ways at me last time have been named personally in my living will as not being allowed on my property when I collapse next time.
The surest thing in life is death, no way will I trade a hour on my feet doing what I like for ten days living the way somebody else wants me to do. Not now.

I have been there. This is a breather, the reaper is tapping his foot.

I back everybody's right to die any damn way they please, any timeframe they're comfy with, be it sooner or later.

Thank you for your tolerance.:kitty:

i would make three suggestions

1. use hash oil to increase the amount of cannabinoids (cbd and thc) in the system
2. use wobenzym N (systemic enzyme discovered and developed in germany)
3 buy the book. "how to prevent and cure cancer with natural medicine (used thru amazon is cheap)

i have a number of friends still alive using these things.

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
Sorry to update this thread so late...

They didn't live 2 weeks back home.

Everything I suggested to help, that was followed by them, showed marked improvements almost immediately. They didn't want to live though and stopped everything before moving.

Thanks anyway folks. Can't keep someone alive when they truly want to die.

Stay Safe!

p.s. Zymos? You have a lot to learn about life. When you do, your life will improve. Toodles.

NiteTiger

Tiger, Tiger, burning bright...
Veteran
Max edibles.

We know THC kills cancer cells of all types. Been repeated many, many times in experiments.

Oddly though, the main use for cannabis in cancer treatments seems to be inhaled, to treat pain and complications of chemo.

Instead, try using edibles, and tinctures especially. Get that blood THC level as high as possible. Not fun, not particularly functional, but by all scientific evidence, safe and potentially effective.

Have your bud do a Cannabis therapy day periodically, just like he was going for chemo. Massive, massive doses of tincture.

Can't say it's a cure, but it IS the safest cancer killer out there.

please read thread. patient died.

Max edibles.

We know THC kills cancer cells of all types. Been repeated many, many times in experiments.

Oddly though, the main use for cannabis in cancer treatments seems to be inhaled, to treat pain and complications of chemo.

Instead, try using edibles, and tinctures especially. Get that blood THC level as high as possible. Not fun, not particularly functional, but by all scientific evidence, safe and potentially effective.

Have your bud do a Cannabis therapy day periodically, just like he was going for chemo. Massive, massive doses of tincture.

Can't say it's a cure, but it IS the safest cancer killer out there.