What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Roomates dog ate my laptop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jd4083

Veteran
sarcasm.

I would have hit her if I caught her though. That part was truth.

You sure went into a lot of detail about the subject and did so repeatedly...didn't seem like sarcasm to me...just saying...

and judging by the story you've told, I bet you would have been walking out of that bedroom one limb lighter had you tried to hit the dog :laughing:

the_dungeon

guys give him a break.. he was super angry at the time of the post..

but hey, i really really really wanna see pics of the lap top.. how badly did he eat it?

M

mexilandrace

seriously, I know you just wanted to vent but the fact that you went on and on about killing the dog struck me as odd and a little alarming, sounds like serial killer talk to me bro. jk, but maybe not really homie

peace

I didn't go on and on.

my laptop was the first thing I ever bought with my own cash, or well the first real money thing. 2700 dollars. I worked my ass off for that laptop and would have had it for the rest of my life because it meant the world to me for sentimental reasons. And it had pictures of my kids I will never get back.

if you walk in on a guy destroying that, you wouldn't attack them?

why is instinct different for a dog?

I think it's pretty fucked up you took what I said as I am an animal killer. Especially considering how every dog I have every owned has been a rescue animal from an abused home. Ya, I hate kill animals for fun. Good for you for figuring it out.

rocdiesel

I think if the roomie is short on cash just work out a reduced rent (be reasonable) and then also I suggest if there is a door knob between the dog that it is able to open, purchase a key lock door, besides all grow area's should be secure like that anyhow. and thats like $15 or less for a key lock.

best of luck with the situation.

29472ht.gif

jd4083

Veteran
I didn't go on and on.

my laptop was the first thing I ever bought with my own cash, or well the first real money thing. 2700 dollars. I worked my ass off for that laptop and would have had it for the rest of my life because it meant the world to me for sentimental reasons. And it had pictures of my kids I will never get back.

if you walk in on a guy destroying that, you wouldn't attack them?

why is instinct different for a dog?

I think it's pretty fucked up you took what I said as I am an animal killer. Especially considering how every dog I have every owned has been a rescue animal from an abused home. Ya, I hate kill animals for fun. Good for you for figuring it out.

I could 3 times that you mentioned killing the dog in your initial post. Didn't seem like that long of a post to me either...

I understand you are pissed that your shit's destroyed and you're missing something very valuable to you in more than one way. The point is that domesticated pets do what they have been taught over their life by their owners. So place blame where blame is due. I love dogs to death but even the smart ones are still dumber than bricks in the scheme of things. They don't have a clue what they're doing or why, they just know that's what they're supposed to do.

it's all gravy dude, peace

M

mexilandrace

I could 3 times that you mentioned killing the dog in your initial post. Didn't seem like that long of a post to me either...

I understand you are pissed that your shit's destroyed and you're missing something very valuable to you in more than one way. The point is that domesticated pets do what they have been taught over their life by their owners. So place blame where blame is due. I love dogs to death but even the smart ones are still dumber than bricks in the scheme of things. They don't have a clue what they're doing or why, they just know that's what they're supposed to do.

it's all gravy dude, peace

honestly dude, it's his fault.

he rescued her from an abusive situation and has let that fuck with how he treats her.

she only listens to the male wolf hybrid(who looks like a wolf and is amazing and wouldn't break anything if you told him to).

I was just pissed at her. Shit has been going wrong with my life lately and to come home to shit being wrecked just pushed me over the edge.

I was real with my feelings though. It's not like I actually tried to hurt her. I yelled at her through the carpet on all fours pissed beyond belief.

I can be human, sometimes.

erbium

The good thing is laptops have dropped to a fraction of their cost a few years ago. Unless you just purchased the laptop, you can probably get a nicer, faster, lighter laptop for less money.

Give your roomy a chance before you attack them. It sucks for you but it sucks worse for them - they will probably feel really bad for what happened to you but they also have to pay for it. You are just put out until you can get to a Bestbuy, hell, even Walmart has decent laptops for cheap nowadays.

You might make out better!!

I had a my german Shepard/ Black lab mut eat a little over 2 grams of homegrown off the coffee table and she was fucked up and walking like a drunk. funny thing was I was cooking a burger and went back out to the living room and it was gone. Looked everywhere then saw her stumbling. Your weed may be there somewhere if the dog ate that much she should be wasted.

M

mexilandrace

The only camera I have is my phone and it is really bad.

I took a pic but it doesn't look at all right.

the laptop really doesn't look all that chewed up, just looks like it fell then two of them played tug of war with it.

I forgot there is a dog boarding here, the wolf girl did it, but he is a bad influence and likely helped her along.

My roomate just left from down here, you can tell he feels awful and is in shock. I didn't bring up money yet. He seemed really embarrassed. He cleaned up the mess quick as shit and I told him not to worry about my room I would clean it, I just left it for him to see.

will update when he and I get a chance to talk more.

steppinRazor

cant stop wont stop
Veteran
wow!! lol
man im sorry to laugh cuz my own dogs and past roommates dogs have done some irreversible shit in my day.. i feel your pain but as a dog owner i cant help but laugh a lil

i know its not your dog, and thats gotta make the rage that much stronger, believe me, i been there.
things will pull through man, mutts will be mutts

whiterabbit9

Veteran
I just want to share my sympathies
cause I know you are going through a very hard time..

sucks shit

at least you grow good weed dude, and dont pay 400$ oz for it

take some deep breathes, try to find a way to relax, and look on the bright side of things

all 4 limbs, 10 fingers and toes
health

some people have a burnt face

some people are completely insane/can't function

in the grand scheme of things

your losses are material, so -> replacable

I agree that owner should be responsible partly, and you have some responsibility on the precaution part..
but hey! we live and we learn...

TAKE IT EASY MAN

COULD BE MUCH WORSE, seriously.

and not to minimize this, cause I know how hard it is for you, but don't worry

everything is fixable
everything is gonna be alright

and it's okay to be angry/frustrated

Last edited:

opt1c

Veteran
can u salvage the hd? plug it into another cpu?

my dobie/rott has consumed 2 jawbone bluetooth headsets; 3 ps3 controllers, countless pairs of shoes and i could go on... he lives in a cage when i'm not home now

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
Sorry for the loss, hope your roomy is able to make it up somehow. Leaving it for him to see was a good idea. I'm glad you had some time to digest the situation before you saw him, lol. Must be one tough dog to not croak after eating all that weed.

whiterabbit9

Veteran
I have to tell you, my dog eats some of my shit too
he also pees everywhere (young)

Last edited:

xcrispi

Sounds like a learning experience to me .
A cheap ass locking handset woulda been less than $10.00 .
Beat the dog , because you fukd up ??? = FUKN WEAK DUDE !!!
If you pulled crazy shit like your talking with my dog when I wasn't around = you'd get disembowled , and most likely deserve it .
No pity for your party man .
Crispi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts