What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Rookie Aero Flo Grow Together

aerokrafter

Trichome Taste Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
There is some staining from the floranova - BTW floralicious does this as well. But those look beyond stained. New growth should be lighter. Your current recipe will get you through a for a bit.

Just let em roll for a few days.

-AK

Still having clone issues ...gonna go get a few more cuts and try this again...in 10 years of doing this I've never had strike rates like this before ...shrpshooter

GL Sharpshooter

GL Sharpshooter

Gl, I know with a new strain it can be trying sometimes.

Surprised I got such good results but have run this strain for awhile and roots good. Out of 30 got 25 nice clones for the unit and still have a few for moms.

Hello all!!!

I thought i posted this last night from my phone but apparently it didnt work... :-(

anyways,

Overall the ladies are looking better.. The one kush plant that was really sickly looking is still looking rather bad but the rest are perking up.. The following is a breakdown of whats up..

Foliage: Most of the foliage is green and looking healthy. However, they still have a little yellow and not as green as other crops i have/had....

Growth: 90% of them are growing at a decent pace... I wanna see the explosive growth of aero nowwwwwwwwwww!!!! lol

Pruning: I topped and fimmed most last night... I will be cutting much of the undergrowth within the next couple days to use for clones.

Mothers: Should i cut the best cuts from the best plants then pick the best clones to be the mothers?

Stems: The stems r purple... Isnt this bad???

Nutez: Im hustling hard to get some loot together to buy these and keep my bills current as well.. What is the order i should buy the nutez? I will have to buy them a couple at a time..

Calmag: I usually have to add calmag to every rez or they show signs of def.... I havent in this but just curious as to how this will be solved

Roots: Every plant is starting to pop more white healthy roots... Some less than others but none the less they are popping...

ALSO: where do i find a thread on how to make the trellis blocks? u usually supercrop and tie everything... i am unfamiliar with this....

Thanks!

P.S.

@AK

How do i subscribe to this thread to get email alerts? I found the option but it wont let me set it up? Is this something else i have to wait until 50 posts to do???

Also, do you have an email that i can send pics to more easily then you can pick the relevant ones and post them on here and explain to everyone? It is a pain in the ass to have to upload all of them on here espacially when theyre not even pics of nice buds!!! lol!! and uploading pics on here takes an hour to do if i have more than 10....

Thanks!!!

Nutes

Nutes

DF, the list of nutes does not list calmag but having some on stand by may not hurt. Dutch master is formulated for our favorite crop so you probably will not need calmag, it has quite a lot in it.

Nute list from page 1 post 1

Source Nutes. You will need DM gold bloom A & B, GH Kool Bloom and Floralicious, and pH up/pH down

Definately get dm gold a & b bloom first. I think reading AK's posts that koolbloom and floralicious start approx 2 weeks or later in flower.

Cool!! I am going to drive around Detroit and find enough scrap metal to buy these lol!!

@AK Do you agree with DM bloom A&B first and do i need the zone & silica too?

I have read every single post that i can but i just want to make sure i get exactly what i need and when i need it... I am not incompetent... Just making sure :)

Sorry I'm blowing this thread up but are you guys all vegging with metal halide or T5?? I would like to switch to T5 to save some on the electricity bill and lower the heat more easily!!! Thank you :)

Scottish Research

ICMag Donor
Veteran
T5's are better for veg.

You need at least 50 posts before you can send a PM or post pics. You might ask a mod if they can waive that rule.

Both Dutch Master Zone and Silica were recommended to be used by AK.

I hope that this helps some.

R.Fortune

Scottish Research

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Got a lot of personal problems getting in the way of my participation in any type of documented grows. I'm going to do my best to be here. Best case scenario is that I'm the last man in. I'll try and help when I can. Thanks for asking.

R.Fortune

aerokrafter

Trichome Taste Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
-DF

nice crop of questions!

DM gold has a pile of Ca in it. Those nutes don't need much in terms of additives.

Glad your roots have turned around. Sounds like prune and top time.

For cuttings and moms - always use the best. Resist the temptation to nurse runtly clones. Always have a couple extra to throw away. One of the great benefits of planning out your grows, is that you shouldn't be forced into using inferior plants.

For some time there was a myth called "genetic drift" - where after multiple clone/cutting cycles the plant turned to crap. There is nothing genetic about it - if you select weak clones for your process, it will be a weak process. Cloning passes on diseases and vermin. If your "uber clone" over time has found its nemisis and gets sick, its not the genes that have "drifted", rather the environment has.

T5 for veg is great. I use them for seed germ, seedlings, archive plants, and cloners. I have a 430 Son Agro HPS(for extended blue spectrum) in the center of the mom room for the sexing table and large mom plants. With my T5s I use a 3 to 1 ratio of cool to warm. The reason for the touch of warmth in the mom room is that you need it for better rooting and stem formation. It also helps sexual primordia formation. The little bit of stretch you get is perfect for all the things you try to do in the mom room. The offset of these benefits is that I keep lights on 24/7. To keep large moms for over a couple years from preflower stress, I found this lighting regemin with organic/biotic teas was the best strategy.

The trellis is the best solution I found to be able to completely control the plants. The trellis block design I ended up with is quite simple - yet like tinker toys - can make complex things.
It's just a piece of 1x2 strap with 5 holes in it.

You can do some crazy things with a trellis!

-OG

I'm so glad you delurked! Thanks again for your contributions.

-RF

Glad to hear from you my friend. Good vibes your way!

--------

These are ready to go and getting planted tonight!

I'll go through my planting procedures along with tips and tricks later.

-AK

Damn nice clones

Damn nice clones

AK, beautiful clones. Guess i will have to invest in an aerocloner soon, my pot fairy will be coming by soon so will have a little extra to invest again.

Again very nice clones.

Update

Update

End of week 2 veg. Changing nutes today. Looking most excellent. :)

Probably 7 to 10 days to flower. Plants between 7 and 9".

Attachments

• wk 2 veg closeup.jpg
    wk 2 veg closeup.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 18
  • veg daily sheet.jpg
    veg daily sheet.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 16

aerokrafter

Trichome Taste Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Planting Day! - part 1

The clones are ready to go, so let's get the unit set up.

Down Tubes:

As I've shown earlier - pushing the down tubes all the way down gives us less pooled nutes, resulting in better root growth.

Spray Lines:

Adjust the angle of the spray lines so the streams bash into the wall of the root chamber just above the water line.

Notice that I have put the trellis blocks in early. This practice helps reduce potential plant damage from putting them in later.

Cover Data Sheet:

For this run, I'm starting with a slightly weak formula, so I have room for early adjustments.

Start Formula in 40 gallon res:

110 DM Gold Bloom A
110 DM Gold Bloom B

70 pH Down
50 DM Zone
50 DM Silica

I start by adding the pH down, Zone, and Silica while filling the unit with RO water.

I turn the pump on and check all the spray lines, adjusting the angle and making sure there are no clogs.

I top off the res and then add the A & B. The reason to add these last is that Calcium can precipitate out if you don't.

After waiting an hour for circulation, I got 420 ppm with a pH of 6.3. I'm not sure exactly how much nute drag the clones will bring with them from the cloner. We will find out tomorrow, and have enough room to manuever under the 490 cap.

Time to put the site plugs in and get this thing planted!

-cont-

Latest posts

Latest posts