What's new

Ronnie James Dio Dead at 67

G

Guest 18340

...7-8 months ago?....

11 Months ago.....

Have seen him many times last couple, and, always absolutely astounded in such amazing form, and such energy......such power...

Truly one of the most underrated contributors to the history of rock as we know it....

I feel honored to have seen him so close, (Joint and beer on monitors/stage) and shaken hand so many times. I was in awe every time I've seen him. Absolutely astounding. Good recent Heaven and Hell

Truly a great loss to the music world.
I envy you Julian, you're a lucky man to have met him:ying:

Hold Your Fire

Finding my way back home
Veteran
OMFG! RIP Ronnie, this really saddens me. Ronnie is a metal vocal GOD!
The music world will never be the same. :badday:

accessndx

♫All I want to do is zoom-a-zoom-zoom-zoom..
Veteran
LOVE RJD!!! Saw Heaven & Hell 1st row center at Radio City when they were there to film the DVD......awesome show.........glad I was there.

Not sure what to make of the conflicting stories that he may be alive as evidenced by earlier posts in this thread.

Both rumors appear to have comments from his wife.......some that says he kicked it this a.m.....others that say he's still hanging in but doing poorly.

What's the dealio.....do I have to break out the Bible Black or what people?

Let's get a handle on this.

If he's dead, I'm deeply saddened.....if he's alive then he's got my good vibes.

Either way RJD rocks eternally.

KarmasWheele

Veteran
FROM THE BOOK THE WORD IS SPOKEN WISPERS FROM FORGOTTEN PASLAMS
GATHER ALL AROUND THE YOUNG ONES......THEY WILL MAKE US STRONG........

R I P R J D......the rainbow in the dark will light the way.....

OjoRojo420

Feeling good is good enough.
Veteran
The Temple and the King:

"There in the middle of the circle he stands,
Searching, seeking.
With just one touch of his trembling hand,
The answer will be found.
Daylight waits while the old man sings,
Heaven help me!
And then like the rush of a thousand wings,
It shines upon the one.
And the day has just begun"

Dio is dead... LONG LIVE DIO!!!!

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
Had the pleasure of seeing Dio a number of times in the 90's. Many a dragon slayed with laser light. You will be missed Ronnie!

"We're a ship without a storm
The cold without the warm
Light inside the darkness that it needs, yeah

We're a laugh without a tear
The hope without the fear
We are coming - home

We're off to the witch
We may never never never come home
But the magic that we'll feel
Is worth a lifetime

We're all born upon the cross
The throw before the toss
You can release yourself
But the only way is down

We don't come alone
We are fire we are stone
We're the hand that writes
Then quickly moves away

Chorus:
We'll know for the first time
If we're evil or divine
We're the last in line
We're the last in line"

Julian

Canna Consultant
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You know, it;s kind of hard to find good quality older stuff without having to sit through Ritchie going through his drunken little...whatever's :biglaugh: (I'm a player, but, c'monn....)

Now, Ronnie's little outbursts are always such a pleasure...:smoke: (I think that's a particularly good one....)

Man on the Silver Mountain, Mob Rules, of course, but, much, much greater and influential pieces of work...(Heaven and Hell in it's entirety)....and so on.....

This is not merely a man whose contributions to those bodies of work was his voice......he wrote them...

Stargazer, Catch the Rainbow, Kill the King......Heaven and Hell (many wouldn't disagree one of the most significant works in the history of rock...through his own solo stuff.....( Have to throw in a good older Mistreated.. :smoke:........ great performance on a Don't Talk to Strangers, voice great..(intro/end awesome)..

Of course, who doesn't love The Jack Black/Meatloaf/Dio...:biglaugh: (Have to watch whole thing :smoke:...:biglaugh:)

Voice a fraction though......many forget....he also wrote virtually every work ever associated with....(majority of those works leaving some of the most significant marks on music history,etc.......)

A great man. More (so much more) than most ever believe.....

Great old Interview and tour of his house....speaks of him and wife being thrown out on street in winter, penniless, after Rainbow.

True fans will find the library quite interesting (as well as furnishings :smoke:)

Last edited:

KarmasWheele

Veteran
TrichyTrichy will you add me as a friend?
I know you see things........friend.
Im still a bit in schock......heaven&hell is without a doubt one of the greastest albums ever made.....
so is mob rules and holy diver....even last in line.........
great loss for us all......some week starts off with me finding out the woman I fell in love with either has fallen for another or just dosent feel the same....thinking on either reason......equally sickning.....that leads to me deleting a account I dumped 2 years of blood sweat and tears into.......then when I asked to have it retreved I was basiclly told to fuck off( now they CAN undelete if they see fit).......Now one of my favorite singers Ronnie James Dio has left this world........god give me strength........

Julian

Canna Consultant
ICMag Donor
Veteran
KarmasWheele said:
the woman I fell in love with either has fallen for another or just dosent feel the same....thinking on either reason
Than it obviously wasn't "meant" to be...

Why waste the energy on something that wasn't?

I offer congratulations to you....

Why?

Cause now your one step closer to the one who is...

:smoke:

People expect far too much out of relationships which are, sorry to say, destined as "temporary" from the start....

Life is a series of temporary relationships, in order to find the one that isn't.....

And that new one will not find sorrow, self pity, and depression attractive :smoke:.....

At least you didn't lose a partner of 30+ yrs. like Wendy.........(All our problems are relative.....relationship problems are actually far, far down the ladder in the whole scheme of the world.......almost bottom rung :smoke:....)

KarmasWheele

Veteran
Wise words Jullian.....and very true.....this pain is fresh though and very strong......
at this moment I dont feel I could love another....I would feel as a betrayer.....I saved it all up for years......
then gave it away in a beautifull flash......all my best all my love .........empty....
Yes Wendy Dio I feel her sorrow but know that the fact that Ronnie loved her will give her strength.....
excuse my solem tone....it shall pass (i pray).....very un Nugg like.....

Julian

Canna Consultant
ICMag Donor
Veteran
KarmasWheele said:
Wise words Jullian.....and very true.....this pain is fresh though and very strong......
And, one day, when it has subsided, aged, and wisdom gained, so shall you be the one sharing the same with another. Such is a certainty in life. :smoke:
it shall pass (i pray).
It's a certainty. Direct prayers elsewhere.

Waiting and simply living in the meantime is all that is necessary.

On that note, I share this. (Seems appropriate)

No man, or woman, who has ever lived, has not known such at one time in their life.....

(Gets easier after 10-20 times :smoke::biglaugh:)

A significant other is not one's "everything"......The "most" important....

They occupy the free time, after it's spent on "everything" "important"....:smoke:....

After family......after work.......after friends...

The things that all remain while they come and go :smoke:

(I'm of course speaking of all the ones who do....not the ones who stick around for 30 years :smoke:)

(Great mix/vocals on the above btw :smoke:....listen to the whole thing :smoke:....)

rabies_70

I met Mr Dio behind of the Eagles Club in Milwaukee on 20.10.1983 after the showhttp://www.dio.net/tour/holy_diver.html He was very cool to me even though I was just a 13 year old kid in a leather jacket he wasn't rude like alot of rockstar types are. I saw Metallica at this same bar when they were doing Ride the Lightning. Kirk was still alive then. Man I'm getting old.

KarmasWheele

Veteran
I like you man.your words make sense to me....
I have felt heartbreak before...none like this.....thats all Im saying.....see before, everytime, I felt anger and that made it easier...I guess now that Im a little older....or maybe not even that...but anyway I try to conjure up anger and I just dont have it...only...
Ok done with the emote.....this is a thread to pay homage to RJD ....He's allready jamming with John Bonham on drums and Stevie Ray &Jimi on guitar and Cliff Burton on bass....A sound not ment for these earthly ears