What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ron Paul 2012!!!

Jim Rockford

Veteran
Worst possible choice: Romney. He has a proven record of being a true representative of the 1% and he will not do anything to make marijuana even slightly legal.

2nd worst choice: Obama. He lied and good people are in prison, he escalated pot busts to record levels. He has said in his 2nd term he will try and change this, but if he cared that much he'd be changing it right now and doing what he could to get the DEA to chill out on medical users and suppliers.

Best Choice: Gary Johnson. He flat out wants to legalize and regulate all drugs. If your depending on pot being illegal to make your money in life he is a bad choice for you I guess. He also can get enough votes to be more legit next time around. Are you not sick of just 2 parties in America? Gary gets a 3rd party involved. And does any major company just look at 2 candidates and two ways of thinking when selecting a new company CEO? Get 3 parties involved, vote for Gary!

bentom187

Veteran
well,i know the following seems confusing because of the methods the constitution outlines in the choosing of the electoral college, the states legislators choose the electorate. also ultimatley everything must be in the constrains of the law.the unltimate being the constitution wich all states im sure have adopted.in the end its a indirect vote based on reprisentation but if anyof it escapse the sphere of the law then its invalid.

___

Republic vs Democracy
[YOUTUBEIF]KFXuGIpsdE0[/YOUTUBEIF]

http://www.law.cornell.edu/constitution/articleiv
Article IV
Section 4.

The United States shall guarantee to every state in this union a republican form of government, and shall protect each of them against invasion; and on application of the legislature, or of the executive (when the legislature cannot be convened) against domestic violence.

____
so the government has to be reprisentitive,and the electing of a executive seems to have to take into account the constitutional law first and fore most,even the states legislators who choose how electors are chosen.

wich brings us to the electoral college.wich also must follow 4.4.
but there must be a winning outcome wich reprisents the people so in a sense db you are partially correct.(edit: but its the state legistlators who pick the electors).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Articl...itution#Clause_2:_Method_of_choosing_electors
Article Two of the United States Constitution
Clause 2: Method of choosing electors

Each (((State/ not people))) shall appoint, in such Manner as the Legislature thereof may direct, a Number of Electors, equal to the whole Number of Senators and Representatives to which the State may be entitled in the Congress: but no Senator or Representative, or Person holding an Office of Trust or Profit under the United States, shall be appointed an Elector.

Under the U.S. Constitution the President and Vice President are chosen by Electors, under a constitutional grant of authority delegated to the legislatures of the several states and the District of Columbia (see Bush v. Gore).The constitution reserves the choice of the precise manner for creating Electors to the will of the state legislatures. It does not define or delimit what process a state legislature may use to create its state college of Electors. In practice, the state legislatures have generally chosen to create Electors through an indirect popular vote, since the 1820s

In an indirect popular vote, it is the names of the electors who are on the ballot to be elected. Typically, their names are aligned under the name of the candidate for President and Vice President, that they, the Elector, have pledged they will support. It is fully understood by the voters and the Electors themselves that they are the representative "stand-ins" for the individuals to whom they have pledged to cast their electoral college ballots to be President and Vice President. In some states, in past years, this pledge was informal, and Electors could still legally cast their electoral ballot for whomever they chose. More recently, state legislatures (exercising their constitutional authority to do so) have mandated in law that Electors shall cast their electoral college ballot for the Presidential Candidate to whom they are pledged. The constitutionality of such mandates is uncertain.

Each state chooses as many Electors as it has Representatives and Senators representing it in Congress. Under the Twenty-third Amendment, the District of Columbia may choose no more electors than the state with the lowest number of electoral votes. No Senators, Representatives or federal officers may become Electors.

so elections are decided by a democratic process, but it doesnt mean the president can do the will of the majority,because of law.

Last edited:

medmaker420

The Aardvarks LED Grow Show
Veteran
If someone was to vote I would rather them vote for GJ compare to obama or romney BUT it is still voting for the lesser of THREE EVILS in my book.

I don't think the thing that will bring our country back around is by adding yet another corruptible political party.

bentom187

Veteran
the leagle fiction of corperate personhood makes that possible."corpertions are people my friend". -Mittington Romney

this is intresting too.
[YOUTUBEIF]mJEciuowBt4[/YOUTUBEIF]

SHOCK VIDEO: RNC Completely Scripted To Ignore The Voices Of Ron Paul Delegates!
[YOUTUBEIF]3gDMYmLpNus[/YOUTUBEIF]

SacredBreh

^^^^ You would have to be an idiot to not see the whole thing was rigged after viewing that last link you posted bentom187. More of the same no matter which puppet is elected.

Peace

H

Hempe

my thoughts xactly sacred, its just sad. load up your guns and go down blazing "doubl entandre intended"

dont make it easy for them to take anything away from you becaus one day even if all the people have been blasted off this earth there will be peace, even if no one is there to enjoy it but organisms incapable of conscious thought. Even if there are survivors ther will always be hope for a better world. forever.

bentom187

Veteran
full doug wead interview. oh yeah he(RP) is supposed to be on leno on the 4th.

Doug Wead: Romney Threatened Ron Paul with PR A-Bomb
[YOUTUBEIF]wbrUPtwIKuk[/YOUTUBEIF]

Last edited:

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
picture.php

Come back and fight!

bentom187

Veteran
ill admit my argument wasnt articulated well,but according to this vid,it seems the election results and congress are constrained by the law.

A Republic, Not A Democracy
[YOUTUBEIF]ewJyuXSW5nA[/YOUTUBEIF]

Last edited:
The republican convention, of which I watched less than 10 minutes of, not counting news excerpts, was a sad example of 'group think' or our typical human condition of 'monkey see, monkey do' - - the romney bots can't even consider our current military spending, which equals the next NINETEEN biggest spending (borrowing?) national defense budgets combined!

How can they cut our annual defecit without seriously gutting the defense budget?

One can't happen without the other.

bentom187

Veteran
sorry GJ fans.he may not be a option in a few states.
[YOUTUBEIF]4BYEhTodfHM[/YOUTUBEIF]

Ron Paul's Texas Straight Talk 9/10/12
[YOUTUBEIF]0AiPNYMjJSU[/YOUTUBEIF]

Last edited:

bentom187

Veteran
ok FISA reauthorization already passed the house,stop the senate if you can.
http://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm

(house vote) http://clerk.house.gov/evs/2012/roll569.xml

http://paul.house.gov/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2011&Itemid=60

Statement on HR 5949, the FISA Amendments Reauthorization Act

12 September 2012

Mr. Speaker: I rise in strong opposition to the reauthorization of the 2008 FISA Amendments Act, as it violates the Fourth Amendment of our Constitution. Supporters of this reauthorization claim that the United States will be more vulnerable if the government is not allowed to monitor citizens without a warrant. I would argue that we are more vulnerable if we do allow the government to monitor Americans without a warrant. Nothing makes us more vulnerable than allowing the Constitution to be violated.

Passage of this reauthorization will allow the government to listen in to our phone calls, read our personal correspondence, and monitor our activities without obtaining a warrant. Permission for surveillance obtained by a secret FISA court can cover broad categories of targets rather than specific individuals, as the Fourth Amendment requires. Americans who communicate with someone who is suspected of being affiliated with a target group can be monitored without a warrant. The only restriction is that Americans on US soil are not to be the primary targets of the surveillance. That is hardly reassuring. US intelligence agencies are not to target Americans on US soil, but as we all know telephone conversations usually take place between two people. If on the other end of the international conversation is an American, his conversation is monitored, recorded, transcribed, and kept for future use.

According to press reports earlier this summer, the Director of National Intelligence admitted to the Senate that "on at least one occasion" US intelligence collection agencies violated the Constitutional prohibitions on unlawful search and seizure. Without possibility for oversight of the process and with the absence of transparency, we will never know just how many Americans have been wiretapped without warrants.

Creating a big brother surveillance state here is no solution to threats that may exist from abroad. I urge my colleagues to reject these FISA amendments and return to the Constitution.

K

KSP

Looks like his campaign manager went to work for Cabbage Patch Mitch. Interesting stuff.

SacredBreh

It is going to be interesting which of the final scenerios plays out

It is going to be interesting which of the final scenerios plays out

The slope we are slipping down is getting much steeper. Ron predicted it and now it is happening.

The Fed just announced at QE3 that they will be printing 40 billion each month indefinitely. This is the last desperate grasps of a drowning man and the attempt to push the collapse farther into the future.

The Fed has worked diligently toward that goal – significantly reducing the value of the dollar. In February, the Federal Reserve Open Market Committee made the policy official by announcing it plans to devalue the dollar by 33% over the next 20 years.
Like they can make it last 30 years...... no way.

Nothing has helped more than temporarily slow the fall. This is all they have left and then the end begins. I didn't even want to accept it when I heard Dr. Paul say it, but I knew it was true.
Well here we are................

Peace