What's new

Ron Paul 2012!!! Your thoughts on who we should pick for our "Cause"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
guess you missed the part where you quoted a post referring to sanctions?

the two are quite intertwined

you might wanna reread 1426,1427,1428 again to see we WERE talking about sanctions.
sanctions are nothing more than a polite prelude.

Three plus decades of sanctions is some prelude.

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
When did sanctions qualify as war?
Embargos are acts of war. I guess we are lucky that the EU "postponed" their oil embargo. The sanctions against Iran's central bank serves as a de facto financial embargo. They will further throw the country into economic collapse.

It's the progressive era MO. Couched antagonism that will eventually lead to military war. Same thing we did to Japan. People forget the US set up a military oil embargo on Japan effectively forcing their hand by throwing the country into chaos. Same thing we are doing to Iran.

We commit acts of wars against other nations and then act surprised when they try to strike us. Poke a caged animal enough with a stick and it will eventually bite you. US politicians use that bite to get the flag waving masses to support our endless wars.

itisme

Veteran
To damn funny!

Mitt is a serial killer.

Fox is asking people to actually give proof of their biased coverage of ron Paul,lol.

What was that email address??? I saw that and didn't have a pen

Last edited:

MadBuddhaAbuser

Kush, Sour Diesel, Puday boys
Veteran
http://www.dailypaul.com/204361/bew...wikipedia-spreading-closed-primary-propaganda
BEWARE SC - News reporters spreading "closed primary" propaganda
Submitted by techguy on Sun, 01/15/2012 - 07:39
in

* Ron Paul 2012

80 votes

im reposting something i saw at ronpaulforums. the MSM are trying to rig SC.

according to http://www.fairvote.org the SC primary is open due to :

S.C.Code Ann. §§ 7-11-10 A U.S. District Court judge ruled inGreenville County Republican Party Executive Committee v. South Carolina, that South Carolina's open primary is constitutional. Open

so why do MULTIPLE reporters on cnn/msnbc etc corraborate "YES - SC IS A CLOSED PRIMARY"

i think they are doing a massive push to make independents and democrats think that its closed.

also:

Court Dismisses GOP Lawsuit to End Open Primary System in South Carolina.

"The Republican Party’s legal efforts to close its primary elections to those outside its ranks has met resistance both from the state attorney general of its own party and an unlikely coalition of independents who say they want voting influence in the state’s dominant political organization." So writes Eric Connor who is covering the lawsuit for the http://independentvoting.org/about/Attorneygeneralindependen... ttocloseprimaries.html

seriously someone needs to let the campaign know so Ron can counter this mis-info about SC being closed. this could make or break it.

MadBuddhaAbuser

Veteran
Sanctions and embargos do nothing but help prop up dictators and keep the poor of a country even poorer.

See this recent list of countries we have sanctions against and argue that fact

Resource Center
Home » Resource Center » Financial Sanctions » Programs
Sanctions Programs and Country Information

Page Content
OFAC Sanctions Programs SDN List Abbreviation Program Last Updated:
Balkans-Related Sanctions [BALKANS] 06/30/2011
Belarus Sanctions [BELARUS] 08/11/2011
Burma Sanctions [BURMA] ; [JADE] 09/10/2010
Cote d'Ivoire (Ivory Coast)-Related Sanctions [COTED] 01/06/2011
Counter Narcotics Trafficking Sanctions [SDNT] ; [SDNTK] 01/10/2012
Counter Terrorism Sanctions [SDGT] ; [FTO] ; [SDT] 01/05/2012
Cuba Sanctions [CUBA] 12/21/2011
Democratic Republic of the Congo-Related Sanctions [DRCONGO] 11/30/2011
Iran Sanctions

[IRAN] ; [IRGC] ; [IFSR] ; [IRAN-HR] ; [ISA]
01/12/2012
Iraq-Related Sanctions [IRAQ2] ; [IRAQ3] 01/10/2012
Lebanon-Related Sanctions​ [LEBANON]​ 07/30/2010​
Former Liberian Regime of Charles Taylor Sanctions [LIBERIA] 12/14/2010
Libya Sanctions [LIBYA2] 12/16/2011
Non-Proliferation Sanctions [NPWMD] 12/20/2011
North Korea Sanctions [DPRK] 06/20/2011
​ Rough Diamond Trade Controls​ NONE​ 05/21/2008​
Somalia Sanctions [SOMALIA] 08/04/2011
Sudan Sanctions [SUDAN] ; [DARFUR] 12/08/2011
Syria Sanctions [SYRIA] 12/01/2011
​ Transnational Criminal Organizations​ [TCO]​ 09/01/2011
Zimbabwe Sanctions [ZIMBABWE]

Ron Paul is the only candidate against this policy of nation building and control of other countries.

MadBuddhaAbuser

Veteran
What is Dr Paul's stance on domestic energy production? If we became responsible and took care of our own needs, which we could easily do, then we wouldn't have to give a shit about Iran. A true Libertarian president would unleash a fierce economic boom by unlocking all that energy production, and that's just one aspect of economy that would explode if shackles were undone. But many people would be offended and surprised to see authentic Capitalism, not government led and sponsored, and payed for, Crony Capitalism, succeed, because they have so much invested in the idea that Capitalism is bad.
Dr Paul's stance on Marijuana is great, but it is a reflection of the deeper idea that freedom puts responsibility for your individual choices squarely upon you, and that a Weak Federal Government should not have the ability, much less the Right, to meddle so much in the affairs of the People.
Think of it like this: Newt wants the Government to meddle in your shit just as much as any Liberal does. Newt just wants to use the Power to do what he thinks needs doing. ALL the candidates believe in using the mighty Power to steer and cajole and to outright demand. Libertarians believe that the Federal Government should be small and weak so that even if it wanted to it would be unable to force the People to act.
I will gladly vote for Dr Paul if given the chance, but it will be because he believes in the 10'th Amendment, which is where the real fight will have to take place. The Commerce Clause cannot be the complete undoing of the Constitution.

From www.ronpaul2012.com

FREE MARKET SOLUTIONS

The free market – not government – is the solution to America’s energy needs.

Unfortunately, decades of misguided federal action have helped lead to skyrocketing fuel prices, making it even more difficult for hardworking families to make ends meet.

Washington’s bureaucratic regulations, corporate subsidies, and excessive taxation have distorted the market and resulted in government bureaucrats picking winners and losers.

In fact, much of the “pain at the pump” Americans are now feeling is due to federal policies designed by environmental alarmists to punish traditional energy production – like oil, coal, and natural gas – in hopes of making energy sources they favor more “economical.”

Sadly, even with $4.00 a gallon gasoline, many are attempting to make our energy crisis even worse by working to impose job-destroying carbon taxes, or a “Cap and Tax” system.

As long as we allow federal regulations and bureaucratic red tape to get in the way of energy exploration, our country will never solve its energy crisis, and Americans will continue to pay the price in high costs.
A PRO-ENERGY PRESIDENT

As President, Ron Paul will lead the fight to:

* Remove restrictions on drilling, so companies can tap into the vast amount of oil we have here at home.

* Repeal the federal tax on gasoline. Eliminating the federal gas tax would result in an 18 cents savings per gallon for American consumers.

* Lift government roadblocks to the use of coal and nuclear power

* Eliminate the ineffective EPA. Polluters should answer directly to property owners in court for the damages they create – not to Washington.

* Make tax credits available for the purchase and production of alternative fuel technologies.

It’s time for a President that recognizes the free market’s power and innovative spirit by unleashing its full potential to produce affordable, environmentally sound, and reliable energy."

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
Embargos are acts of war. I guess we are lucky that the EU "postponed" their oil embargo. The sanctions against Iran's central bank serves as a de facto financial embargo. They will further throw the country into economic collapse.

It's the progressive era MO. Couched antagonism that will eventually lead to military war. Same thing we did to Japan. People forget the US set up a military oil embargo on Japan effectively forcing their hand by throwing the country into chaos. Same thing we are doing to Iran.

We commit acts of wars against other nations and then act surprised when they try to strike us. Poke a caged animal enough with a stick and it will eventually bite you. US politicians use that bite to get the flag waving masses to support our endless wars.

I can handle the concept of economic warfare but I usually reserve the term war for things like opposing sides actually shooting at each other.

I'm not a fan of presidential wars. That said, I'm not an isolationist.

I'm not a fan of covert wars.

I'm open to necessary national security measures and I want national security measures to be constitutional and to abide by Geneva conventions of war. Unfortunately I don't get what I want but I'm not ready for isolationist policy.

Ron Paul supporters suggest Ron Paul isn't isolationist yet equate decades of economic sanctions as prelude to war. The sun will rise tomorrow and with it may come a belligerent act on the part of Iran. Until then I'll consider sanctions as economic measures.

When China and Russia are on our side, gotta wonder if 99% of the globe doesn't like the idea of Iran obtaining nukes.

itisme

Veteran
Glad to see all my intellectuals pumping this thread with some real knowledge! Sanctions only make our "Foreign Aid" more expensive when tyrants control it. What was the address where FOX wanted us to send proof? I say we all send them some. I got some great videos and information they refuse to present, while they go on a week long defense of Romney against Newt....I am sure they would defend RON PAUL!!!

The first video needs to be answered to! How?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pxzdfv13tGo

Why is the Media biased toward Ron Paul? Listen to why.

Video transcript below

1st guy: "...We've shown, we've proved (misspoke), we've proved over the last ten years or etc., repeatedly that we only do one at a time. We can fight two wars."

2nd guy: "This is all get'n interrupted when he's, Ron Paul becomes President"

Woman laughs

1st guy: "See, see this room? Two-thirds of us laid off when Ron Paul is President"

Guys laughing

2nd guy: "...two more doctors visit... since before Obama was born"

Woman: [inaudible]

1st guy:"Well World War II. We fought two wars [inaudible] that's where it comes from [inaudible] fully mobilized country [inaudible]"

Woman: [inaudible]
CSPAN announcer: "We are live again at the Pentagon this morning where President Obama is expected to talk about the defeat (misspoke) defense strategic...[end of clip]"

Here is some more good clips to view and one has Bill (schmuck) Hemmer! P

Exposed Media Censorship and Bias Against Ron Paul
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNv_mFI8f5g

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9014QPQkZNA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0xWBkKtscM

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran

Thanks for the link, I checked it out. The OP references Republican attempts to close their party primary process. The OP also references your claims that major media is reporting that the SC primary is closed. No links to that claim. The OP links to primary information but there's nothing that backs the closed-primary claim.

If one read it real fast with one eye open, they might come away with the idea that media's mere reporting of a bill to close the SC primary is actual attempt to report SC primary as closed. Two totally different things. Wouldn't be a major deal if SC successfully closes their primary to registered voters. One would have to assume their candidate would receive a disproportionately high number of independent voters. This might depend on the state because Ron Paul isn't polling exceptionally well in SC.

bentom187

Veteran
Why are people calling him isolationist as if he wouldn't even talk to other countries,he wants to talk peace and free trade,he doesn't take the stance that we have to impose our military on them as a prerequisit.
I think its the case that the world resents us because of our BS foreign policy.
The meadia is the main problem regarding the isolationist label.

bentom187

Veteran
Thanks for the link, I checked it out. The OP references Republican attempts to close their party primary process. The OP also references your claims that major media is reporting that the SC primary is closed. No links to that claim. The OP links to primary information but there's nothing that backs the closed-primary claim.

Right I was just linking my reference for ya,he also stated it was mainly in SC where these adds where airing.

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
Why are people calling him isolationist as if he wouldn't even talk to other countries,he wants to talk peace and free trade,he doesn't take the stance that we have to impose our military on them as a prerequisit.
I think its the case that the world resents us because of our BS foreign policy.
The meadia is the main problem regarding the isolationist label.

Free trade agreements and national security aren't necessarily parallel areas of foreign policy. Bachman was criticized for being too hawkish. Based on public statements, Ron Paul is the other end of the spectrum. Whether the general electorate believes that's the best approach is yet to be seen.

Every sound bite has applicational ramifications. Speculating on outcomes is part of the vetting process and isn't necessarily attempt to distort a message. Sound bites aren't enough to run the country and ANY candidate would exercise their given power. Bringing the military home and ending all foreign aid are the sound bite. We don't get much on policy ideas of national security other than to assume nobody would mess with us.

ShroomDr

CartoonHead
Veteran
i refuse to debate sanctions as war, because we are not suppose to, and i dont want get the thread locked, but none have focused on sanctions against iran AND n korea, nor the impacts of a shrunken international military presence. Again, we cant get too deep, so we might as well stop, this thread needs to stay about 'Our Cause'.

Some deflection into ron paul and this 2012 election is certainly necessary, but a full on debate about international policy (vs. laying down EXACTLY what Pauls plan is) will not be welcome. Certainly not MY policy, i just want to keep this thread open!

How about this pic? Mitt Romney says 'Corporations are people my friend." Seems like his days at Bain chopping them to pieces may come back to haunt him!

mitt-the-ripper.png

Status
Not open for further replies.