What's new

Ron Paul 2012!!! Your thoughts on who we should pick for our "Cause"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Found this is interesting. Next time someone tells you that taxpayers are going to make a profit on TARP :biglaugh: and that it was a loan instead of a robbery tell them to stop listening to the statist banking propaganda.

GAO: Banks Paying Back TARP with Federal Money
The Government Accountability Office says in a new report that banks that have repaid the Treasury Department's TARP bailout program did so with funds they received from other federal rescue programs.

The GAO’s finding undercuts the Treasury’s prior statements that effectively assert the Troubled Asset Relief Program has earned a profit for taxpayers. Specifically, the GAO says that, according to its new review, “as of January 31, 2012, 341 institutions had exited,” TARP, almost half by repaying...with funds from other federal programs.” For more, click here.

The GAO also finds that banks continue to stream out of TARP, but the number that are reneging or missing their required dividend and interest payments back to the Treasury program has risen.

A Treasury spokesman said that Congress specifically required that banks who participate in TARP could also participate in the Small Business Lending Fund. He also noted past comments from Assistant Secretary for Financial Stability Tim Massad, who said “we will continue to work to wind down the program in a way that ensures financial stability and protects the interest of taxpayers.”

The GAO adds that this issue of round-tripping federal bailout money arises with small banks, as the government essentially replaced their TARP funding with the new federal Small Business Lending Fund enacted in 2010, which GOP Congressmen have dubbed “TARP 2.0.”

Vote Ron Paul if you are tired of getting robbed and the shell game.

T

texsativa

well sir accept my apology. i tend to generalize...

with that said, you being right minded politically and christian are able to see things more clearly than a lot of those on the right...

Ahh come give me a hug.

In all seriousness, thanks.

GP73LPC

Strain Collector/Seed Junkie/Landrace Accumulator/
Veteran
Ahh come give me a hug.

In all seriousness, thanks.

:comfort:

i'm a christian too... although i have a problem with some of what i hear from christian's..

peace to you brother... thanks for a level head.... :tiphat:

SacredBreh

Cannabis, Gold, Intrest, Drones, etc. are all important!

Cannabis, Gold, Intrest, Drones, etc. are all important!

“When the president of the United States can singlehandedly order the assassination of a U.S. citizen without charge or trial, we’re not just on the slippery slope toward dictatorship, we’re in free fall.”
http://thenewamerican.com/usnews/co...-military-actions-in-syria-may-be-impeachable

BUT........ they are just the bumps of your rights and liberties passing under the track of a government tank that is rolling out of control. Regardless where each of us stands on each and every point, one must consider the totality of all we are seeing. We are seeing a piece by piece dismanteling of all the concepts that made other countries want to be our friends and emulate us. We are becoming what we once stood against.

Peace

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
we’re in free fall
Quite true. An unstoppable force on a collision course with and immovable object.

3-10-12_InflationUSE.jpg

bombadil.360

Andinismo Hierbatero
Veteran
noone wants war with Iran, specially Israel, wars for Israel always means the economy goes to shit and no one benefits from it; no mother or father wants their kids at war. sadly, Iranian leadership are the ones always beating the war drum and calling for the utter destruction of the Jewish State.

plus, no one allowed Pakistan get nukes, they were pretty sneaky about it. and they threatened to detonate nukes within India plenty of times...

what were Gandhi's thought on the creation of Pakistan anyway? :chin:

but again, we're going way off topic, and it is disrespectful to the OP, as this is not the intent of the thread.

we'll agree to disagree.

bentom187

Veteran
ron paul won the virgin islands popular vote.
www.vigop.com

384 total cast

112 to Paul (29%) Won one delegate

101 to Romney (26%) Won three delegates plus three RNC member pledge. (Pick up a uncommitted delegate after the balloting for a total of seven.)

23 to Santorm (6%) No delegates

18 to Gingrich (5%) No delegates

130 Uncommitted (34%) Two delegates but one changed to Romney after the vote totals were announced

bombadil.360

Andinismo Hierbatero
Veteran
it's quite funny how some people fear Iran, it hasn't started a war with anyone for centuries, where as the US started hundreds of wars in the last century alone, it's last war not too many months ago, and it's next one, any day now. but it's supposedly Iran, that is the big threat to world peace! roflmfao.....and this crap is even swallowed hook line and sinker, by some average people. not just the military industrial complex. Iran is not occupying an inch of other peoples land, while the US has over 700 military bases occupying countries all over the world.

use your common sense, if Iran was to attack anyone it would be wiped out. anyone think they don't know that? the only reason they want a nuke is to be left alone and stop being threatened and sanctioned. it's a joke to try an make them seem like this non human evil arch enemy, they just want to be left alone to pursue their own national interests and the more the west would trade and have travel arrangements with them the faster the people would move towards more freedoms. the more we threaten them and blockade them, the more the Iranian people will support their leaders, Ron Paul speak plain common sense with regards to Iran.

check out a nice documentary called Global Metal, it is just about metal music fans around the world. see what happened when the producer tried to see metal fans in Iran, and what their views were...

Iranian leadership is not open to the west and actually prohibits anything they consider western, from metal music to having dogs as pets.

what Ron Paul says sounds beautiful on t.v, but in practice, it is just naive.

real Iranian people are not represented at all by the wack-ass regime they live under.

yes, the U.S is not perfect, and its current government is no role-model for a better future, but this does not mean Iranian government is any better, in fact it is much worste.

with great power, comes great responsability, and sure, the U.S has made many mistaken along the way after establishing itself as a world power; but concluding that because of this other nations should be able to gain nukes to destroy other nations (like Iran has officially stated plenty of times) is just crazy thinking.

this sort of dreamy thinking on the part of Ron Paul is what makes me think he won't be any kind of champion for the legalization cause.

regulate marijuana like wine is already a wonderful idea and it is the people who need to make it come true, not some messiah.

peace

bentom187

Veteran
^ its their country not ours. negate this one fact and you can justify being involved anywhere.

[YOUTUBEIF]Xtl2ZuJpG9M[/YOUTUBEIF]

bentom187

Veteran
denver CO,paul supporters use roberts rules of order to get their points across and the GOP doesnt follow its own rules.

[YOUTUBEIF]aY6z15LcmAM[/YOUTUBEIF]

bombadil.360

Andinismo Hierbatero
Veteran
^ its their country not ours. negate this one fact and you can justify being involved anywhere.

[youtubeif]Xtl2ZuJpG9M[/youtubeif]

I disagree, Iran is not the possesion of a small minority of crazed-theocrats. just like the U.S is not the possesion of a small minority of corrupted politicians.

neither of these minorities truly represent the people of each of these countries.

I truly have a hard time imagining an Iranian guy my age wanting to develop nuclear weapons... in fact, the Iranian guys my age I actually know hate their government the way it makes them look internationally.

should ring a bell to many of the americans in this thread.

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
I disagree, Iran is not the possesion of a small minority of crazed-theocrats. just like the U.S is not the possesion of a small minority of corrupted politicians.

neither of these minorities truly represent the people of each of these countries.

I truly have a hard time imagining an Iranian guy my age wanting to develop nuclear weapons... in fact, the Iranian guys my age I actually know hate their government the way it makes them look internationally.

should ring a bell to many of the americans in this thread.
how do your friends feel about having their economy collapsed and all trade with other nations stopped?
how do they feel when another nation decides to "punish" them by starvation?
how do they like when the president of a nation thousands of miles away promises to "cripple" them economically and if that don't work to make them heel he promises to "keep the military option" to bomb their homes to rubble until they cowtow?

how would you feel?

bombadil.360

Andinismo Hierbatero
Veteran
how do your friends feel about having their economy collapsed and all trade with other nations stopped?
how do they feel when another nation decides to "punish" them by starvation?
how do they like when the president of a nation thousands of miles away promises to "cripple" them economically and if that don't work to make them heel he promises to "keep the military option" to bomb their homes to rubble until they cowtow?

how would you feel?

you missed: "do you not think of the children!?"

but in all seriousness, like I already said, if the Iranian theocrats gave a half shit about Iranian people, they'd put their efforts in way more constructive things than trying to get nukes.

if they cared, no one would have mentioned the word "embargo" ever in relation to Iran.

like my friends in Cuba, that always joked when the state t.v told them that eating was bad for you, so you should just drink a glass of water when hungry... great leadership right there

over and out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts