What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Romulan Genetics, Communion Review

Abdthi1966

Premium user
Here I am smoking on the first pheno of Communion, an odd little runt who ended up smelling a little bland like some sort of fruity, nuttiness(hazelnut tones), if that makes sense? Honestly, I think the plant was so small that it just dried up far too fast on me. Either way, definitely no grape smells here. The first few tries to smoke during the initial cure spotlighted a touch of brightness in the forehead, that bit of rush you feel as a sharp high comes on but beyond that it wasn't anything special. Now it's been about two weeks in the jar, and the effect described before grabs you alot quicker, and the duration seems to be at least two hours or so before a clean fade back to normalcy. Overall, the first pheno is ok but overall the yield on the first girl was utter rubbish at 14ish grams, and i'm likely being gracious in my approximation.
IMG_7463.jpeg

The second girl still smells amazing, like grapefruit cleaning spray but brighter and fresh, filling the nostrils with zest. I really love it, and am patiently waiting for the slow cure before I come back and update the second smoke report. Yeilding somewhat better than the last at a solid ounce, I have high hopes for the end smoke.
IMG_7466.jpeg

In terms of growing, these gals had horrid, pathetic little root systems that did not take advantage of the living soil 4x4 that they were in at all. The first was a tad tortured by my exhaust hose I’ll freely admit but I doubt it would have made much of a difference. There may be something solid if you search the gene pool for long enough for terps alone but thus far at 100$ for 6 seeds, as well as a ten week flowering time, ill say be cautious. It seems like if anything it needs to be crossed back to a Romulan parent to bulk it up, and that's if you had a supreme communion gal to work with but that’s just one man’s opinion.

Last edited:

Abdthi1966

Premium user
The second pheno isn’t truly ready to smoke but my first few tries have restored some faith in the strain. As well, the cure on the second one, crappy yielding or not, has become more refined with a nice heady high, very functional. One or two more weeks on the second and I’ll be ready for a final report.

Last edited:

Abdthi1966

Premium user
Well the first pheno is almost gone but now that it’s on the drier side it smokes pretty smooth and the effects stated earlier are more pronounced. Of course since I’m almost out of it I won’t be able to see if it improves beyond that.

The second gal had kept her smell beautifully in the jar and the smoke is similar to the first, in regard to high, but far more powerful. I’m just leaving this one alone to get nice and cured before I dig in.

Abdthi1966

Premium user
Update: much to my excitement, pheno number 2 has entered the zone of smokeabilty at around 62% relative humidity in the jar. It’s maintained a decent citrus cleaner smell, and when a piece is broken apart the smell pops up vibrantly.
Now, onto the smoke, I’m getting some defined Durban notes in the high with a sharp exhilarating feeling that makes one want to be productive. At the same time, I’ve definitely zoned out multiple times staring at things as well but it’s been about an hour and half now and I’m feeling pretty great just folding some laundry. Overall, the smoke was smooth even without being fully cured which may be a product of being grown in living soil or just decent genetics, who knows. Though, it would seem that there is potential in the line after all.

I’m not sure about the ceilingless high described by the original breeder but this is surely closer to what he was intending people to find, in comparison to the first pheno. Bummer though, still no grape smell. Either way, I can see the high maturing beautifully as the cure finishes. The problem is with such a light load the buds could be gone in a couple of weeks if I wasn’t careful.

I popped my last two seeds hoping for another gal that smells like the previous-keeper and then I’m crossing to a strong Romulan male which will hopefully bulk up the line. We will see what happens. I’ll be back one last time when the cures over.

I have one just under four weeks into flower. She's surprisingly vigorous for an s1 (and I have her in a fairly small 3.5 gal pot).

Hopefully it comes out like your grapefruit one! If so, I'll take better care and grow her a second time... I can tell this one wants to be topped and take up the whole tent.
IMG_20240215_000630855_HDR.jpg

Last edited:

Abdthi1966

Premium user
I have one just under four weeks into flower. She's surprisingly vigorous for an s1 (and I have her in a fairly small 3.5 gal pot).

Hopefully it comes out like your grapefruit one! If so, I'll take better care and grow her a second time... I can tell this one wants to be topped and take up the whole tent. View attachment 18960023
Nice. Structure looks similar to the one I had but my two girls were on the smaller side. It looks like the bud sites are similarly pretty far apart. It looks great though. How long did you veg?

Nice. Structure looks similar to the one I had but my two girls were on the smaller side. It looks like the bud sites are similarly pretty far apart. It looks great though. How long did you veg?

Just a little bit over 5 weeks, it stretched quite a bit trying to compete in a crowded tent.

Abdthi1966

Premium user
I’m disappointed to say that the high never evolved past my initial impressions. It’s definitely a decent buzz, and I’ve left a few bugs in a jar to mature alittle longer but with the poor overall yield……..I would tell people to spend their money elsewhere.

Here’s hoping their Romulan BX1 is better!