What's new

Rolling trays. What do you roll jays or pack bowls on?

dreadvik

I use a blue McDonald's tray

Quality! I remember many a McDonalds prank in my miss spent youth :)

The McSmoke is a good one ;)

Take one large empty mcdonalds drink container and cut the straw in half then stick a cigarette or spliff I guess filter end into the end of the straw that goes into the container and light it and stick the lid back on :)

Smoke away :)

Once i found out about keif boxes I never again will roll or prepare my smokes any other way...it just makes zero sense to waste trichomes.

I found a deal on boxes in the off season in Gatlinburg, TN...an hours drive away from me thru the national park...wonderful drive..I got 4 boxes for 20 bucks each, well made and in a few different sizes. I gave one to my daughter and one to a pal...with the caveat that I got the first scrapings from his mirror!!

I actually plan on giving free boxes to a few select friends who are unconcerned about gleaning ' dust', with the agreement that I alone can open the thing up and collect the keif.

When I think about how many pounds of ' dust' I have wasted over 40 years of somking ganja, it makes me even more determined to get as much as possible. After all, it is either going to be collected, or wasted clining to newspapers and wooden bowls, etc. Stuck to fingers is most likley the worst waste; I always use small scissors and avoid touching the weed at all.

Some people are willing to go the extra mile to collect keif, and they will benefit with not only many extra sweet dreams but can make hash and a few bucks as well if so inclined.

So get online, find a box with really fine stainless steel screen..NOT the fabric type that clogs and tears..with quality woodwork and tight joining.

There really is NO excuse for not taking advantage of this chance to collect keif...so DO IT!!

C

Chamba

I always use small scissors and avoid touching the weed at all.

so do I......really thin, slim (finger nail) manicuring scissors....the finer the scissors, the less smudging, less damage you do and you can get in really close. Using standard sized scissors for close in manicuring and other fine bud work is like combing your hair with boxing gloves on, it's clumsy.

So get online, find a box with really fine stainless steel screen..NOT the fabric type that clogs and tears..with quality woodwork and tight joining.

some prefer stainless steel meshes for dry sifting, others prefer nylon monofilament meshes, which are by the way alot tougher and durable than you might think and sound and feel much nicer to work with/on/over than metal meshes. A majority of dry sifting screens are synthetic for a number of reasons, one is the mesh, generally, can be stretched tauter which is essential when doing fine sifting and offers better bounce..and they just feel better.

Both metal and synthetic meshes can clog, using a too fine mesh for your purpose and trying to sift plant material that is not absolutely dry is the main cause of mesh clogging due to smudged resin heads...use a magnifying glass and you'll see what I mean. Keep in mind that the plant material can dry in a few days, but the resin heads that are attached to it can take much longer to become fully dry, that's why the pros wait 3 ~ 6 months before sieving and use the right size meshes for that strain.

If you are type of person who wants to load up your shaker box with lots of plant material with big jagged stems still attached and aggressively shake the hell out of it then you're probably better off with a metal mesh.....

anyway, this is a tray thread, but there's a few stashbox/kif box/dry sifting threads in the Hashish forum that are worth checking out.

check Icmag's newest advertiser : Aqualabtechnologies for a range of sifting screens and stash/kif boxes on offer..they sell a dry sifting (4 frame) kit that has a stainless steel mesh on top with three other finer synthetic mesh frames..with a gentle and correct technique and decent starting material this kit will produce very pure, melty blonde "putty" that will tingle and zing your brain! This kit is made by Bubbleman

http://www.aqualabtechnologies.com/medical-equipment/dry-sifting-screens/dry-sift-screen-set.html

also check out icmag's sister site www.seedboutque.com for 3 different models of stash/kif boxes, including a dual screen model that's on special right now...it's locks and has a good size side storage compartment for your "tools"..and the finish is "high" quality.

https://www.seedboutique.com/store/index.php?cPath=22

CANNACO-OP

Farmassist
Veteran
just like anything, i like variety, so have several trays, here are a couple:

picture.php

picture.php

Tripsick

Experienced?
Veteran
I'll use on of these trays i found at walmart or some place like it.

picture.php

Last edited:

Mr. Burgundy

I have a tray. A mahogany tray I got from an Indian Exports store. And on the tray there is a cardboard cut-out, slightly smaller than a centerfold pic.

My girl got us subscriptions to Hustler, Penthouse, Maxim, and Playboy. We rotate honeys from the mags on to the cardboard cutout, or just cut out a new piece, and place a new honey on top.

Brings scratch-n-sniff to whole new heights..

Stay Classy!

CANNACO-OP

Farmassist
Veteran
I have a tray. A mahogany tray I got from an Indian Exports store. And on the tray there is a cardboard cut-out, slightly smaller than a centerfold pic.

My girl got us subscriptions to Hustler, Penthouse, Maxim, and Playboy. We rotate honeys from the mags on to the cardboard cutout, or just cut out a new piece, and place a new honey on top.

Brings scratch-n-sniff to whole new heights..

Stay Classy!

Now that is Classy! u1luckytoker

C

Chamba

Mr B...we all need to see a photo of this tray of yours! and next month and next month

speaking of centerfolds....10 years ago a mate of mine moved house and threw out 15 years worth of Playboys from the 70's and 80's!......then he told me after it was too late! damn!

Mr. Burgundy

Sorry for the delay...

It is time for a switcheroo..hmmm, which ladies will we use next???

*the vegas tray was a souvenir from a trip-we both looked at each other and knew it was ours...
The larger cutout is for the PC desk, and the tray is for wake-and-bake, or any other time :)
Stay Classy!

Attachments

• 000_1235.jpg
    000_1235.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

CANNACO-OP

Farmassist
Veteran
another fav, had for years, works nice to "test" a bud or two for flash fry....or in desperite times.....pottery heats up nice sittin on the 600.

but more importantly, small shallow vessel, fits nice under couch, hides easy, can put a magazine over it and no but stick.

when i cut up bud w/my scissors, it doesn't fly out of this little tray.

sorry for the bad pic, it is a good 6" round; inch or two deep

picture.php

Mr. Burgundy

*UPDATED* Tray Pic...

*UPDATED* Tray Pic...

Well, I was doing a lil arts-and-crafts, and I came up with this...

Stay Classy!

C

Chamba

The McSmoke is a good one

Yep, that's the quote of the thread!

I'm lovin' it

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
been cleaning bowls over one of these for about 8 years now.......

TD.jpg

dry sift is awesome.

zingablack

livin my way the high way
Veteran
been cleaning bowls over one of these for about 8 years now.......

View Image

dry sift is awesome.

haha yes! i use one of those to grind up into. then dump the bud out on my RAW tray to roll up on.

when i got my silk screen i almost shit myself at how much more efficient it is than a multi stage grinder. i actually put away my grinder and use my trimming scissors to cut it up into my box, that way i get the kief, and a lil scissor hash every now and then too.

C

Chamba

when i got my silk screen i almost shit myself at how much more efficient it is than a multi stage grinder. i actually put away my grinder and use my trimming scissors to cut it up into my box, that way i get the kief, and a lil scissor hash every now and then too.

So true.......those little 4 piece grinder/screen/storage units are good, but they are really just an introduction to the benefits of smoking resin (the stuff that gets you high) and not smoking the "hay" (the plant matter that doesn't get you high) and compared to even a small kif or screen box (used with scissors or a grinder) are about as efficient and useful as a toddlers tricycle compared to 1000 cc crotch rocket...they are good to start with, but you soon graduate to bigger and better.

Latest posts

Latest posts