What's new

Roger Waters Performs The Wall

Pigs (Three Different Ones)

(Waters)

Big man, pig man, ha ha charade you are.
You well heeled big wheel, ha ha charade you are.
And when your hand is on your heart,
You're nearly a good laugh,
Almost a joker,
With your head down in the pig bin,
Saying "Keep on digging."
Pig stain on your fat chin.
What do you hope to find.
When you're down in the pig mine.
You're nearly a laugh,
You're nearly a laugh
But you're really a cry.

Bus stop rat bag, ha ha charade you are.
You fucked up old hag, ha ha charade you are.
You radiate cold shafts of broken glass.
You're nearly a good laugh,
Almost worth a quick grin.
You like the feel of steel,
You're hot stuff with a hatpin,
And good fun with a hand gun.
You're nearly a laugh,
You're nearly a laugh
But you're really a cry.

Hey you, Whitehouse,
Ha ha charade you are.
You house proud town mouse,
Ha ha charade you are
You're trying to keep our feelings off the street.
You're nearly a real treat,
All tight lips and cold feet
And do you feel abused?
.....! .....! .....! .....!
You gotta stem the evil tide,
And keep it all on the inside.
Mary you're nearly a treat,
Mary you're nearly a treat
But you're really a cry.

vhferk.jpg

Here is my review of “The Wall”

First of all, it is not a ‘concert’ it is much more of a production or play.

But that’s not meant as criticism. Roger Waters created something extreme and deep here. On the surface the work is partially a tribute to both the album & movie “The Wall” yet it could be said, all that is just a ‘setting’ whereby Waters hammers away with his anti-war, anti invasive government, anti police state, anti wall, anti fear message. He does this on different levels. The graphics and videos are out of this world! The whole experience is not to be missed! It’s almost too much to comprehend! And just speaking for myself, a lot of it touched me in a very personal way! In fact, the show is too deep to fully comprehend in one viewing. But there is nothing wrong with seeing it once! I won’t get a chance to see it twice and while youtube videos are great, they scratch the surface at best. Like a good book or poem, it needs a second or third going over!

The true depth here is awe-inspiring! Students working on master degrees in psychology & sociology could study this and submit a thesis report, and there could be a thousand different conclusions on what Waters was saying and where he was ultimately taking us! And at the same time, you could be superficial and see very little here other than the music and direct commentary. For someone with “Eyes Wide Shut” this could be easily done.

Another thing is the legal trouble Waters will no doubt get into because of this. With upcoming legal bills & settlements he may actually lose money on this venture. Coca Cola, Shell oil, Mercedes-Benz and Zionist interests will look to line their pockets over perceived infringements.

Very well said. Ive always thought their stuff was on another level. I was always on some type of hallucinogen too!:D

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

2bz48k.jpg

Daddy's flown 'cross the ocean
Leaving just a memory
A snapshot in the family album
Daddy what else did you leave for me?
Daddy, what'd you leave behind for me?
All in all it was just a brick in the
All in all it was all just bricks in the wall

I don't need no arms around me
And I dont need no drugs to calm me.
I have seen the writing on the wall.
Don't think I need anything at all.
No! Don't think I'll need anything at all.
All in all it was all just bricks in the wall.
All in all you were all just bricks in the wall.

I am just a new boy,
Stranger in this town.
Where are all the good times?
Who's gonna show this stranger around?
Oooh, I need a dirty woman.
Oooh, I need a dirty girl.

Will some cold woman in this desert land
Make me feel like a real man?
Take this rock and roll refugee
Oooh, baby set me free.
Oooh, I need a dirty woman.
Oooh, I need a dirty girl.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vcGrg8W6nk

k0g2nr.jpg

July 24, 2012 – Roger Waters' "The Wall Live" was a concert I had waited my entire life for.

I had spent most of my adolescent years memorizing every lyric to the album, spending change from my $5-an-hour job on memorabilia and trinkets, renting the 1982 movie "The Wall" from Blockbuster every time I had friends over and syncing "Dark Side of the Moon" to "The Wizard of Oz" more times than I can count.

To say I was a Pink Floyd fan would be a gross understatement. I idolize them. To say "The Wall Live" was a great concert would be a disservice. It was an experience.

Thursday, July 12's show at the Verizon Center in D.C. had all of the angst, fear and paranoia of the album – with Waters front and center – leading music fans through the piece with a semi-autobiographical look at his own life. Mirroring the actual two-disc set, "The Wall Live Tour" is broken into two acts.

The first set is dedicated to building the massive structure the album and tour are named after, as Waters sings about war, loneliness, industrialization and other worldly pains that are displayed onto the bricks of the slowly growing Wall.

Familiar animation from the movie was projected onto the screen: the marching hammers, the fornicating flowers, the fighter planes and more. All the while, bricks fill in the wall, which spans nearly 500 feet. Waters finished the set by singing "Goodbye Cruel World" from the last hole in the massive structure.

After a brief intermission, the second set began with the finished Wall spanning across the Verizon Center stage. Stunning imagery was projected onto the white brick structure, making it the largest screen in touring history. During this portion, the multimedia elements — complete with the iconic flying pig that floated over the audience — were certainly breathtaking.

Once "The Trial" began, we all knew what was coming and the excitement in the audience was intoxicating. The imagery projected on the screen got more intense, more nauseating and more insane. The music got louder and more dramatic. The audience chanted repeatedly:

Tear down the wall!

Tear down the wall!

Then it all came crashing down, Waters smiling from ear-to-ear and kicking "bricks." For most of the two-plus hours he was on stage, the 68-year-old was something above a frontman or a rock singer. He was the maestro of an elaborate and maniacal production, many elements of which could tour as art exhibitions on their own.

The musicians (who had yet to be seen at this point) then emerged from the rubble to finish the final song on the album "Outside the Wall."

I couldn't help but feel a sense of mourning at that moment. I looked around and realized I wasn't alone. Just like that, the show I had spent the last 15 years dreaming of was over.

Much like the rubble left over from the fallen wall, it shattered every expectation I had.

http://communities.washingtontimes....jul/24/roger-waters-wall-live-verizon-center/

jiggywhompus

Some of the dates got announced yesterday. More dates to come.

Grab a stadium show ticket. Arena shows are good but stadiums are a wayyyy bigger spectacle.

JULY
Saturday 20 - WERCHTER FESTIVAL SITE
Tuesday 23 - SPLIT POLJUD STADIUM
Friday 26 - PADOVA EUGANEO STADIUM
Sunday 28 - ROME OLYMPIC STADIUM

AUGUST
Wednesday 7 - PRAGUE SYNOT TIP STADIUM (SLAVIA)
Friday 9 - FRANKFURT COMMERZBANK ARENA
Sunday 11 - COPENHAGEN PARKEN STADIUM
Wednesday 14 - OSLO TELENOR ARENA
Thursday 15 - OSLO TELENOR ARENA
Saturday 17 - GOTHENBURG ULLEVI STADIUM
Tuesday 20 - WARSAW NARODOWY STADIUM
Friday 23 - VIENNA DONAUINSEL
Sunday 25 - BUDAPEST PUSKAS FERENC STADIUM
Wednesday 28 - BUCHAREST PIATA CONSTITUTIEI
Friday 30 - SOFIA VASIL LEVSKI STADIUM

SEPTEMBER
Sunday 1 - BELGRADE USCE PARK