What's new

Roe v Wade overturned.

Hempy McNoodle

donald-trump-wrong_new.jpg

armedoldhippy

Veteran
194 Republicans voted to ban condoms and birth control lmao

FYNM_4QUIAAsj_0
is anyone surprised? really? you shouldn't be... organized religion does not want you to have sex unless you are TRYING to have children. they never have... if you are NOT trying to have children, they would prefer that you spend your time trying to convert heathens to THEIR preferred system. it would not surprise me if the Catholic Church decided to punish men and women that were not fertile... maybe test them in high school and excommunicate them before most might try to dip their toes into the gene pool. "nope, sorry. you are no longer a Catholic. take it up with the Pope if you don't like it..."

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Except for the Catholic priests that were molesting kids for decades. I'm sure they were loading that sacrament every Sunday with their holy juices. I'm glad we were not raised with any religion.

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
194 Republicans voted to ban condoms and birth control lmao

FYNM_4QUIAAsj_0
194 shitbags more than willing to spend that political capital on a vote that they know is going to fail.

The Dems running against these clown shoes better start hammering on them.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Except for the Catholic priests that were molesting kids for decades. I'm sure they were loading that sacrament every Sunday with their holy juices. I'm glad we were not raised with any religion.
i was raised as a Methodist, but quit going to church when the pastor i grew up listening to left for another assignment. my Mom couldn't catch me to force me to go, and my father refused to help her as he did not attend except for the kids Christmas play & on Easter. never stopped believing, but have been a very vocal critic of organized religion. if it has to be "organized" i am against it...

armedoldhippy

Veteran
methodist,all the same great jesus flavor with 1/3 more bake sales!
and boy, can those little old ladies cook! most of them went there when i was a varmint. they are a lot more liberal than one might think. in conversations at bean-breakings & canning or apple butter making, i have talked to all of them. to a person, they think cannabis should be legalized. "i don't know WHY the govt won't just leave people alone that aren't bothering anyone..." most of them have kids and grandchildren that partake, and nearly all of them "know someone" that is using it for medical purposes.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
and boy, can those little old ladies cook! most of them went there when i was a varmint. they are a lot more liberal than one might think. in conversations at bean-breakings & canning or apple butter making, i have talked to all of them. to a person, they think cannabis should be legalized. "i don't know WHY the govt won't just leave people alone that aren't bothering anyone..." most of them have kids and grandchildren that partake, and nearly all of them "know someone" that is using it for medical purposes.
my mom still has the methodist ladies club cookbook, the turtle bars are still my fave

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
Liberty is liberty.

I don't know what banning abortion has to do with freedom.

Kool aid is powerful stuff.

I see a vested interest in keeping the military machine moving and taxes flowing.... Yet I don't see a well functioning society that welcomes veterans or the homeless.

I'm watching Hempy sound like a commie suggesting that we do our medically expensive best to keep unwanted life around to be unwanted for just a little (or perhaps a lot) longer.

We have a lot of hunger and homelessness in the country. Why aren't we attempting to legislate those problems??

I hear the same people acting like it's the hungry or homeless' fault that they are hungry or homeless going on and on about how good it is to ensure an onslaught of lives destined for hunger and poverty.

I really can't believe that people are supposed to appreciate having fewer choices and less liberty.

Times are interesting to say the least.

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I was forced to attend church as a kid but severed that activity once I was deemed able to decide for myself. As an adult, I went to a couple of Pentecostal meetings for a laugh (completely insane) but when I was down on my luck, I went fairly regularly to the Mennonite assembly in my neighborhood because they always had a huge meal after the meeting. Good folks.

Hempy McNoodle

I'm watching Hempy sound like a commie suggesting that we do our medically expensive best to keep unwanted life around to be unwanted for just a little (or perhaps a lot) longer.

We have a lot of hunger and homelessness in the country. Why aren't we attempting to legislate those problems??

I hear the same people acting like it's the hungry or homeless' fault that they are hungry or homeless going on and on about how good it is to ensure an onslaught of lives destined for hunger and poverty.
When have I ever blamed 'The People' for the economic warfare waged against them?

And, as for unwanted life, I expect a huge demand for children once the jabbed realize that they (many of them) won't be able to have children of their own.

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
Sterilization is a great idea.

Hempy, I really enjoyed your take that unwanted life meant children.

I meant humans in general.

h.h.

Veteran

Texas woman given traffic ticket says unborn child counts as second passenger​

Brandy Bottone, who is 34 weeks pregnant, pulled over by police for driving in high-occupancy vehicle lane for two or more people

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2022/jul/09/texas-woman-ticket-abortion-roe-v-wade

One officer kind of brushed me off when I mentioned this is a living child, according to everything that’s going on with the overturning of Roe v Wade,” Bottone told the officer, referring to the landmark 1973 supreme court case that granted federal abortion rights. “‘So I don’t know why you’re not seeing that,’ I said.”

The officer told Bottone that to drive in the HOV lane, she needed her additional passenger to be outside her body.

The officer ultimately gave Bottone a $275 ticket
I’m waiting for the fetal anchor babies.

h.h.

Veteran
it seems fair to me. and i'm a hunter/gun owner/target shooter/collector. it seems pretty damned obvious that there ARE folks that should not have guns or access to them. :shucks: but sorting them out from the normal folks is never going to be easy/simple...maybe not even possible. "normal" folks go batshit crazy & do ignorant shit too...life is not safe.:dunno:
The government decides who can legally carry. It’s a catch 22.