What's new

Rockwool Trees

Desert Hydro

Veteran
all these people trying to rain on my parade lol. the setup is still changing day to day. this is a new place and im still unpacking and organizing. the air pots were temporary to keep them off the floor and away from any water for a couple days until i got my racks over.

anyways...... there are multiple threads on here where they straight butcher plants and they recover super fast in hydro. this is a ~3x stretcher and those cages will be FULL when its all said and done. i wish i would have taken pics of my veg tent where i had defoliated and then a week later. the naysayers would have nothing to say except that i should probably trim some fans off because there are too many lol.

say what you want, i like constructive criticism. this is all a work in progress and the second we stop trying to improve upon our setups and skills you might as well switch hobbies.

i have plenty of access to the plants either over or under the cages, reflective surface is now in place on the open side. cords moved out of the way and whatnot. its all coming along, just not as fast as i would like sometimes, but thats how it goes.

Desert Hydro

Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyskull
this technique works!

the majority haters of defoliation style techniques are usually more educated than experienced... in my experience anyways.

keep deleafing!!!!!
Well said, I've heard extensive dissertations on photosythesis and total leaf area and "why mess with nature" and "deleafing will hurt the plants" and more...

I wanted to find out a long time ago so I just pulled the leaves to see what happens. Yield and structure improved. I remember meeting a grower in Santa Cruz doing it outdoors in 1974.

Results speak for themselves. Indoors is about intensive cultivation. That means making the most of a limited amount of light in a limited area. This is akin to bonsai, but applied to a rapidly growing weed.

Desert Hydro

Veteran
6 days after stripping bare in bulk wool in 1gal pots....
you don't have to agree with it, you don't have to believe that it works or that it would work for you or your setup/strain but it works good for me and i will continue to do so until i run across a strain that doesn't like it.

now lets move on and back to the subject of this thread! bulk wool and how it kicks ass. i havent seen DJM in a while, i hope all is well. i told the grow shop where i bought the wool from i would let them know how its going since they only ever had one guy who would buy the bales. none of them had ever used it or knew anyone that had let alone anyone who would drive 3 hours just to pick some up. i will have to let them know how great it is(minus the prep work lol)

Attachments

• IMG_0970.JPG
    IMG_0970.JPG
    37.7 KB · Views: 13
tell ya what bro...im gonna cut the shit out of one of my plants in rock in the morning. Im always willing to learn from anyone. I have 8 going in vert in 20 gallons and have extras i can mess with. Ill cut the shit out of it, take pics and see how it stacks up against the ones i didnt do it too.

Regardless Don Juans set up changed my life. Im rocking a legal number of plants now and stress free. He showed us the way for sure....time to evolve this into something. Hell all i want to do is what he did...lol

LyryC

ICMag Donor
Veteran
tell ya what bro...im gonna cut the shit out of one of my plants in rock in the morning. Im always willing to learn from anyone. I have 8 going in vert in 20 gallons and have extras i can mess with. Ill cut the shit out of it, take pics and see how it stacks up against the ones i didnt do it too.

Regardless Don Juans set up changed my life. Im rocking a legal number of plants now and stress free. He showed us the way for sure....time to evolve this into something. Hell all i want to do is what he did...lol

Im down to learn from this too - but You high jacked DJM's thread sir DesertHydro :)

Post up a link to your own thread if you have one - and Honestly - my post was because I care and want you to do better - Sorry if I stepped on your toes - some people actually grow in your "setting up and unpacking" system. But kudos to you and like-one the funniest names in comedy-Clayton Bigsbie - i got a plant I'll try this on.

:good:

Desert Hydro

Veteran
youre right about my hijacking. got carried away. you know how it is when people inadvertently knock your setup/buds or anything in this hobby. it hurts lol.

back to the topic. lets get some pics up. all the long threads on defoliation get shut down because of a lack of civility. my bad for bringing it into this thread.

i would love to see some pics of your guys setup. i am new to this media and new to vert. first for both but many grows under different styles. lets see what you got and lets all kill some GPW stats and show this method off.

and we are off! Much love to my boy don juan for showing this ole boy this rockwool stuff! Still got a lot of learning to do. Some of these arent really ready to flip but they are going anyway! Room is still trashed, gotta hand 1 more vert light in the middle as well. Did all i could today. Gonna cage em up monday....13 plants total...next run hoping for only 8...and BIGGER

First pic is a monster GSC!

Attachments

• DSCN6602.jpg
    DSCN6602.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 15
  • DSCN6603.jpg
    DSCN6603.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 17
  • DSCN6604.jpg
    DSCN6604.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 16
  • DSCN6605.jpg
    DSCN6605.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 14
  • DSCN6606.jpg
    DSCN6606.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 15

Twisted pleasur

Veteran
Great thread. Tons of knowlesge thank you for sharing. Im going to try one of my tables with your eniter setup.
May I ask what DM Gold are you using? One Part for each grow and flower or their two part each for grow and flower? The .27 or One. Sorry they have a few options.

And u use no bloom boosters?

And foliar

1 how long after u spray do u rinse them off?

2 the foliar feed is it just dmgold or w calmag and protek?

Just making sure.

Thank you awsome trees
T~P

Last edited:
D

DHF

Made a post about your big girls in rockwool on a perpetual schedule pumpin out da dank on a scheduled basis in another thread , so get ready for some extra traffic Bro.....

Talk`s cheap....Proof`s in da puddin..... So many folks new AND old that just cant get a grip on big yields and doin it religiously and regular.....Respect.....

Thanks for your time , experience , and knowledge.....

Peace.....DHF...:ying:.....

Hermanthegerman

Know your rights
Veteran
Hello, :tiphat:
very interesting! I`m growing on rockwool too, since 2008 or 09.
My english is not very well. I hope it´s ok to post a picture of my actual run. (Flowering day 8)

picture.php

Rolldaddy

DonJuan,

What's up? Great set up. I was a 305'er too. How many days do you flower tha black for?

Your girls are great so I'm not criticizing you at all. I just want to make sure I understand you I believe I read your scheduling in the beginning of the thread so maybe it's diff now?

From what I understand the flower room is perpetual. 80 some days vegging each girl while you keep transplanting up, then 60 days flowering, every 30 days you take half the flowering room down?

So I am curious if you have tha blacks on a diffrent schedule or not?

cyat

Veteran
thanks don jaun...

did a 2 day low ph soak, the a one day soak w nutrients..and in the bottom was...

tons of white limestone paste... could only imagine what it would do to the plants

Twisted pleasur

Veteran
thank you tp! glad your gonna give it a run

depending on how you run your tables already and what you are used to , you can give this a try in all kinds of systems, to make sure you like it first..you can do 16 per light in 1 gallon pots, 9 per light in 2 gallon pots, 4-5 in 5 gallon pots, 2 per light in 7-10 gallon pots or 1 in 20 gallon pot

i am using the regular dutchmaster gold that comes in an a & b for veg and flower, not the 2 part dm gold "one"...i dont use add 27, which is an additive for the gold line..i have recently switched over to the dm gold silica over the protek silica, dont notice a difference but i know dutchmaster uses pharmacutical grade nutrients and dont think dynagrow does , so im gonna stick with the dm silica for now

no i use no bloomboosters, just those 3 nutes (dmgold, calmag, dm silica)

i spray to rinse them off the following day after a foliar..i also try to spray as much of both foliar and rinse on the undersides of the leaves, as that is where it gets taken up into the plant

no, the foliar is usually just dmgold by itself @ around 250ppms or so and a ph of 5.8...i may use cal mag once in a blue moon in the same manner, by itself @ 250 ppms, but thats a very rare occasion and only if i see lock out or an inbalance in the medium..99% of the time its just straight dmgold in the foliar

hope that helps

Thank you for all the information. Not sure how Im going to do it yet.
I already do 3 gallons of coco perpetual and I have 4x8 tables.

T~P

Desert Hydro

Veteran
havent been i here in a while. glad to see DJM back in here and posting again! its awesome to see other peoples versions as well. its awesome that this thread had such an impact on our community and that people are trying it and succeeding by the looks of it. its a pretty simple method and with the drippers and timers it can pretty much run itself for the most part. i love it!

it takes a lot to rearrange your whole style of growing and take the plunge into new territory. im really glad i did and plan on sticking with this for quite some time. so far the jacks hydro nutes have been awesome! i'll get some pics up later tonight. they are monsters now. i think i may have overvegged a tad bit since my strain is so damn stretchy but this is a learning experience this round :)

great looking plants don juan, thank you for sharing. Why is everyone posting pics of their grows on your thread though. come on guys make your own and put a link up, but don't rain on his parade. especially when there's no comparison to don juans setup

go guard your own threads dork....:laughing::laughing: