What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Rockwool Growers thead

EastBayGrower

Veteran
i haven't changed my nutes at all going from RW to coco

i just feel that RW has more cons (overwatering ability, seems harder on roots to me)

than pros (not messy)

its just personal opinion i know alot of older growers that get amazing yields off RW

to me it just seems like you should use a medium thats been 'evolving' over the years to get better, than to use RW which has stayed the same since the 80's or when ever it came out, think about how much more we know about growing since

Mob Barley420

Can you please elaborate on the advantages of Coco? I've been thinking about trying a TopFeedDraintoWaste system and would like some inspiration and confidence in cocos ability to yield a gram/watt of tasty meds. Are any of you other Rw users in g/w club? Icant wait, Lucas formula ftw!

Mob Barley420

I use HugoBlocks with just panda plastic covering them and water every three hours And my roots keep turning brown after Ive stopped using Roots Excel/Rhizotonic (weeks 5-8), is it okay to keep use roots excelerator all the way through week 7?

Herborizer

Veteran
I use HugoBlocks with just panda plastic covering them and water every three hours And my roots keep turning brown after Ive stopped using Roots Excel/Rhizotonic (weeks 5-8), is it okay to keep use roots excelerator all the way through week 7?

Yep. I used it the entire grow.

growshopfrank

Veteran
As I mentioned, I wrote FUCK AN. They are fucking pigs.[/QUOTE
Agree 100% but they are a fucking marketing machine, God help you if you tell a customer otherwise they (the customer) will look at you like you are a retard so you just say sure you NEED all these supplements or your plants will suffer, will that be cash or charge.I have been selling gear since 94 and I still enjoy it most days go figure must be love of the plant.:)

growshopfrank

Veteran
I use HugoBlocks with just panda plastic covering them and water every three hours
I use cube caps on my 4"RW cubes on 4'x4' flood and drain with 2 floods a day on a twelve hour cycle one a half hour after lights on and the second six hours later the roots stay a nice white with a healthy smell and if I lift the cubes just before the first flood the table still is moist under the cube this is on a commercial ribbed flood table with 1kw and with a large adjustawing reflector 75 degrees day temp 60% humidity with very good air circulation and co2 supplemented to 1800ppm. The cube caps help keep the moisture in the cubes and cut down on algae and fungus gnats. I have used the BW cut covers and I believe the cube caps are worth the extra $ Its a very productive setup IMHO