What's new

Risentek manual bowl trimmer ?

G

I have read what info and threads here on bowl trimmers and the pros and cons and people who have used them and people say they beat buds to death. Some say when used wet it doesnt beat up the buds and trichromes as bad. I have never used a bowl trimmer so I can not say. The build of this one and the way the grill is designed like much more expensive units would make one think it prone to do better.

Im still looking hard at one of these https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07B93MCZR/ref=dp_cerb_3
Because like lots of people I HATE trimming. Plus due to my circumstances in presents a bit of a security issue due to the smell factor when and where I am forced to trim.

I found one for bit under $300 and I will be using it 3-4 times a year easy. I just grow for us and a little given away so the whole bag appeal thing isnt important to me. Just getting them trimmed enough to dry and cure well and if needed a little hand trim before smoking.

'Boogieman'

If you grow for yourself and not for money it's simply easier to not trim your harvest, just trim what your going to smoke for the day.

AOD2012

I have the key, now i need to find the lock..
Veteran
It works decently - only thing I would suggest is to let the buds dry a couple days, and trim before completely dry. From my experience, doing a dry trim is going to destroy the buds. I have used this the past two harvest, and the buds come out decent. I just don’t have to the time to trim 1lb every 4 weeks or so.

aod

Mr. J

All those things are garbage and they turn your weed to shit. Why anybody would take the time and care to grow their own, only to ruin everything at the end just to save a bit of time, is beyond me. If you grow just for yourself then why not shoot for the best? It's not about bag appeal, it's that they beat all the goodness out of the buds. If you don't care about bag appeal, as you say, then you'd be a whole lot better off just leaving the bud untrimmed and pulling the leaves off as you smoke.

MedFaced

If I was going with a bowl trimmer, I go with one of the cheaper $100 versions. Same size grill, same method/execution, just without the fancy logo.

AOD2012

I have the key, now i need to find the lock..
Veteran
Yea - I am going to have to revise my initial statement. Ran about 8 lb through it before I stopped. Made primo looking bud look crappy as hell. Back to the fiskars. The time saved is not worth the downgrade in quality.

aod

Latest posts

Latest posts