What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Riots Blue Bonnet work....

JetLife175

Veteran
Has anyone actually ran any of riots new blue bonnet work?

Anyone finding blue terps? I'm skeptical but he's claiming blueberry across the board and just wanted to see if anyone has experience with any of the new stuff. TIA

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have. I ran the og x Blue bonnet. The terps were kind of blurred in that one. Excellent, but not blue.
The bubblegum x bb came out pretty damn blue, and continued on in the f2s a buddy made.
The blubba kush was similar to the bubblegum BB seeds.

I think Lonestar did a better job bringing out the blueberry terps in his f4's(Blue bonnet) than DJ ever did. Granted, DJ wasn't always looking for just terps.

Riot just sent me the new blueberry IX. I've also still got the White x Blue bonnet which is supposed to carry the blueberry smell quite well.

JetLife175

Veteran
I have. I ran the og x Blue bonnet. The terps were kind of blurred in that one. Excellent, but not blue.
The bubblegum x bb came out pretty damn blue, and continued on in the f2s a buddy made.

I think Lonestar did a better job bringing out the blueberry terps in his f4's(Blue bonnet) than DJ ever did. Granted, DJ wasn't always looking for just terps.

Riot just sent me the new blueberry IX. I've also still got the White x Blue bonnet which is supposed to carry the blueberry smell quite well.
Hey thanks rob.

That's all I needed to know. I see you're back in the mix online. Good to see a OG still kicking knowledge around these parts. Cheers.

kro-magnon

Veteran

Thanks for your feedback on those seeds, I made a thread recently to get some info on the best Blueberry seed lines currently, Riot Seeds has some excellent reports about their Blue crosses, your feedback solidify their reputation.
Did you try some of the seeds made by MiraculousMeds? He was mentioned in the thread as well but not much feedback.

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks for your feedback on those seeds, I made a thread recently to get some info on the best Blueberry seed lines currently, Riot Seeds has some excellent reports about their Blue crosses, your feedback solidify their reputation.
Did you try some of the seeds made by MiraculousMeds? He was mentioned in the thread as well but not much feedback.
I have not.

Nay Hay

a minor complaint about Riot Seed Co. His expensive seeds cost $10 to ship, yet he's the only seed vendor I know who uses cheap ground delivery rather than USPS Priority air delivery which is under $10 anywhere in the lower 48 states. I don't mind the wait, but I'm not thrilled about hundreds of dollars in seeds roasting in the back of a truck for a week.

kro-magnon

Veteran
a minor complaint about Riot Seed Co. His expensive seeds cost $10 to ship, yet he's the only seed vendor I know who uses cheap ground delivery rather than USPS Priority air delivery which is under $10 anywhere in the lower 48 states. I don't mind the wait, but I'm not thrilled about hundreds of dollars in seeds roasting in the back of a truck for a week.
I'm not sure a few days in ambient temperatures will damage seeds but if you're concerned only order from him during winter when it's icy cold.🥶

Nay Hay

I'm not sure a few days in ambient temperatures will damage seeds but if you're concerned only order from him during winter when it's icy cold.🥶
Cars and trucks get over 140F which kills seeds. When I want to kill infested soil I bag it up, put it in my car, park the car in full sun, and put a min/max thermometer between bags of soil. If at the end of the day the max temp is over 130F you have no more bugs. Bakersfield CA is a hell of a lot sunnier and hotter than Pennsyltucky where I live.

Nay Hay

Too hot shipping conditions is the biggest problem insectories face. I gave up on Arbico Organics, because they ship lacewing eggs two day air but only FedEx, which sucks in my area. The box and the replacement box show up warm to the touch and the eggs are dead from the heat.

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I live in southern New Mexico. I don't order seeds at all during summer, as the back of the trucks going to rural areas here probably set records! Nov-may only for me