What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ricky Hatton v Floyd Mayweather

W

Wunderkind

moneymay by unanimous decision

Mr. Nevermind said:
Big difference between Mayweather and Tyson. Tyson's early fights ( first 15-20) were handpicked bums to get Ko'd by tyson. Tyson really never had much competition and wehn faced with some real comp he showed what he was made of. Tyson never faught a big name in their prime and won. Only big name he rreally beat was larry Holmes and holmes got off the lazy boy for that fight. Tyson never beat anyone of caliber. Mayweather has faught anyone that came his way and made em look bad.

Dude, do you know who Iron Mike even fought? He knocked out the champion in the first round to be become the youngest heavy weight champion ever. These were not handpicked bums. Mike made them look like bums, though.

Buster Douglas was not a top quality fighter. Buster Douglas was lucky that the fight was in Japan and that Mike thought he didn't have to prepare for the fight.

Mike Tyson, in his prime, was the greatest fighter ever.

Last edited:
M

Mr. Nevermind

Wunderkind said:
Dude, do you know who Iron Mike even fought? He knocked out the champion in the first round to be become the youngest heavy weight champion ever. These were not handpicked bums. Mike made them look like bums, though.

Buster Douglas was not a top quality fighter. Buster Douglas was lucky that the fight was in Japan and that Mike thought he didn't have to prepare for the fight.

Mike Tyson, in his prime, was the greatest fighter ever.

First off, i not only know whom he fought, i have been to one of his fights ( alex stewart in 1991 in New Jersey) and i was watched one evening in AC by Mitch "blood " Green a man that went 12 rounds with Tyson.Mitch was in AC as a guest of my fathers employer and got him a room at the showboat, they had to deal with business and i had to stay with Mitch for 4 hours alone. Have you ever met someone that fought him? Have you ever been to one of his fights ?

Who did he fight and beat? his first 20 or so fights were bums hand picked by Cus to make him into a star. Sure he hit hard no doubt but fighting 20 bums dont mean a thing. Who did he fight and win against that was a good fighter? Who Berbick? lol. Or a larry Holmes years out of his prime? What big name and good fighter did he beat? name one! Frank bruno was nothing. Michael Spinks didnt even belong in heavyweights and faught cooney before tyson. Hardly a #1 contender.

the truth is Tyson was a PR stunt for boxing. When faced with anyone who can take a punch and a set of balls Tyson wilted under the pressssure. Buster Douglas? Holyfield? Lennox Lewis? Name one person Tson beat that was quality, you cant.

Tyson hit hard sure. But in reality he wasnt that great and at the time the heavyweight division blew ass anyway.

I'll say it..... Lennox lewis was 10 times the champion tyson couldve ever been. Lewis was no joke. Look at Tysons record and opponents and look at lewis's. Plus lewis may have had 2 losses but he came back and avenged them. Tyson? not so much

Funny and true story about Mike Tyson. He is queer as a 3 dollar bill. Which is y he cracked Mitch Green in the eye outside of Daper Dans in NYC. Some of you my age remember that incident. Well what really happened is that Mike was in daper dans ( for those that dont know Daper dans was a leather store in front and a queer bar in the back, Where Tyson was that night, in the back) Mitch saw him on the street coming out of daper dans and called hiim a fag which Mike responded by hitting him in the eye. Tyson is a fairy

Nevermind

Last edited:

o.gkushowns

18 and Doh!
3 days to go woahhh. pisses me off that for sky people its gonna be on box office. we get all the not so important fights for free on fridays and this ones gonna cost extra. oh well.
peace

W

Wunderkind

Mr. Nevermind said:
First off, i not only know whom he fought, i have been to one of his fights ( alex stewart in 1991 in New Jersey) and i was watched one evening in AC by Mitch "blood " Green a man that went 12 rounds with Tyson.Mitch was in AC as a guest of my fathers employer and got him a room at the showboat, they had to deal with business and i had to stay with Mitch for 4 hours alone. Have you ever met someone that fought him? Have you ever been to one of his fights ?

Who did he fight and beat? his first 20 or so fights were bums hand picked by Cus to make him into a star. Sure he hit hard no doubt but fighting 20 bums dont mean a thing. Who did he fight and win against that was a good fighter? Who Berbick? lol. Or a larry Holmes years out of his prime? What big name and good fighter did he beat? name one! Frank bruno was nothing. Michael Spinks didnt even belong in heavyweights and faught cooney before tyson. Hardly a #1 contender.

the truth is Tyson was a PR stunt for boxing. When faced with anyone who can take a punch and a set of balls Tyson wilted under the pressssure. Buster Douglas? Holyfield? Lennox Lewis? Name one person Tson beat that was quality, you cant.

Tyson hit hard sure. But in reality he wasnt that great and at the time the heavyweight division blew ass anyway.

I'll say it..... Lennox lewis was 10 times the champion tyson couldve ever been. Lewis was no joke. Look at Tysons record and opponents and look at lewis's. Plus lewis may have had 2 losses but he came back and avenged them. Tyson? not so much

Funny and true story about Mike Tyson. He is queer as a 3 dollar bill. Which is y he cracked Mitch Green in the eye outside of Daper Dans in NYC. Some of you my age remember that incident. Well what really happened is that Mike was in daper dans ( for those that dont know Daper dans was a leather store in front and a queer bar in the back, Where Tyson was that night, in the back) Mitch saw him on the street coming out of daper dans and called hiim a fag which Mike responded by hitting him in the eye. Tyson is a fairy

Nevermind

The truth of the matter is, every fighter fights "bums" early in their career. You have to work your way up the ladder. The difference was when Mike was put in the ring against the champion, Mike knocked his ass out in record time. Whether you like it or not, the heavyweight champion he knocked out was a quality fighter. Mike made him look bad, real bad.

If you consider Buster Douglas a top caliber fighter, you're all alone on that one. Once again, Buster was lucky the fight was in Japan and that Tyson didn't think he had to prepare for it. Mike was flat from the start of the fight and Buster took advantage.

And then Mike beat and raped those women and he was never the same.

B

Bigtimer7

I hope that Hatton wins because he is a great fighter and needs to take Mayweather off his high horse!
- Mayweather is a good as hell fighter and one slip up and he will win.
- Hatton is a warrior and will fight till he passes out. He lasts so long and never gets tired. Hes straight pimpin!
- Lets wait and watch this blood bath roll........

M

Mr. Nevermind

Wunderkind said:
The truth of the matter is, every fighter fights "bums" early in their career. You have to work your way up the ladder. The difference was when Mike was put in the ring against the champion, Mike knocked his ass out in record time. Whether you like it or not, the heavyweight champion he knocked out was a quality fighter. Mike made him look bad, real bad.

If you consider Buster Douglas a top caliber fighter, you're all alone on that one. Once again, Buster was lucky the fight was in Japan and that Tyson didn't think he had to prepare for it. Mike was flat from the start of the fight and Buster took advantage.

And then Mike beat and raped those women and he was never the same.

I dont know how ol dyou are but im old enough to have actually watched those fights and saw the fighters that he beat as well. Tson beat Berbick who wasnt a great boxer, Pinklon thomas? come on!!! Tony tucker? Shortest reign in history of a champ for boxing.

he beat the bums who had belts due to their being no real comp in heavys after ali and holmes. Whn he faced anyone with half a heart he did nothing. Douglas is far from world class but he showed that tyson aint that good.

Truth is Tyson fought 20 bums then fought some bum champs and won. When there was some comp he wilted. Douglas, holyfield, lewis? The sign of a champion is being able to face tough comp and overcome which he was never able to do.

Lennox Lewis was the best heavyweight champ since the ali holmes era, period.

Nevermind

S4vvy

Early in his career tyson did fight fighters he could handle but also give him enough trouble to show (and hone) his diversity. So that's somewhat true. But tysons problem was never his physical talents it was his mental problems. He was (and i guess still is) a mental weakling. Cus, Atlas, and rooney were always was needed to keep tyson in the right frame of mind and to keep fear and outside pressures from fuckin up the Goal. Without them to keep him in check he's a shell of what he can be

But if you've seen his training at the time and prior to his pro fights you'd recognize him and one of if not the MOST impressive heavyweight fighter since he popped up. There's not one new heavyweight fighter that i've seen that can really see THAT tyson. I mean seriously fug pre98 bubba - It's all about pre86 Tyson! :biglaugh:

On topic tho... i think floyd has amazing mental strength to back his Physical talents. Back that with a strong team and some "Bad Daddy" issues and you got yourself a dangerous man.

Don't know much about hatton but after watching 24/7 On Demand i'm hype to see him fight. Gonna try to grab some some matches online and come back with some predictions

W

WheelsOG

This fight should be interesting.

Mayweather should be able to keep his distance and pot shot his way to a decision or KO, but i'll be rootin Hatton to pull something off.

Maybe Hatton could do some dirty boxing to get Floyd frustrated

M

Mr. Nevermind

On topic tho... i think floyd has amazing mental strength to back his Physical talents. Back that with a strong team and some "Bad Daddy" issues and you got yourself a dangerous man.

I do agree with one on that one. Ricky Hatton is cool and a good boxer, but Floyd is a great fighter. Thats the difference. All this "hatton is gonna ko him" talk is nonsense. Floyd really hasnt even been hurt bad yet and fought many above his natural weight class. When he moved up people said he wouldnt have the pwer and wouldnt be able to take their power. But what happened, he Ko'd alot of em and mad the rest just look bad. DLH? he made him look like the bum he is. Gatti? Didnt even land a real shot the whole fight on PBF. Zab ( who KO'd spinks, much bigger than PBF) power was nullified by PBF. I could go on and on.

PBF is the real deal. Sure he has alot of mouth, but if you whooped up on everyone you would too.

Nevermind

o.gkushowns

18 and Doh!
I got my money on Mayweather with shitty odds but I aint betting against nobody that beat oscar de la hoya. Anyway let's hope we get a good 12 rounds or so even though it could be over quite quick. Let's hope not
peace

o.gkushowns

18 and Doh!
Noooooooo!!!!!! I can't order the fight!!!! It won't f'ing work!!!!! I have sky but live in Europe and I can't seem to order the dam fight. NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! I can't believe it. if anyone knows another way i can watch it (internet maybe?). Please, please, please, please, please, please PM me (or post it here if its a legal method)
peace

Last edited:

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
I saw an interview with Hatton last night, he looks worse than I've seen him looking before. Looks like he's bee really ill or something, before interview I'd have had my money on him taking it, but now I don't fancy his chances at all.

yts farmer

Veteran
if you cant order the fight with your remote control then you might have to phone them up and get it put on over the phone.telephone number should be on your screen.

G

i'm gonna try and find it on a stream. get high as **** till 4am in the morn lol. I'm going for Hatton obviously. floyd's got the flair but hatton's got the poise and relentless aggression.Come on Ricky shut that mouthy cnut up.

Piffington

Been looking forward to this for months. Hope it's worth the wait. Should be entertaining nevertheless. I say Hatton by split. :joint:

LOVELYJUGS

Come on Hatton !!!!!!!!!!!!

Come on Hatton !!!!!!!!!!!!

Hatton all the way !

My heart is for Hatton to win . But Mayweather might just outclass him :puppydoge

Waiting for a long time too for this fight ! Enjoy ...

Jugs

D Rock

HERBAL RELEAF PLANT A SEED START A WE
Veteran
How do you "catch a stream" and watch it? I cant ever find stuff like that.

ngakpa

Veteran
Too funny!!! Hahahahahaha

Too funny!!! Hahahahahaha

You have to watch this press conference with Hatton and Mayweather - how can you not love Hatton after this - fecking priceless, this is going to make you laugh!

Hatton vs Mayweather - round 1 to Hatton
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qp0hct_ZOlk
original broadcast on Sky - too funny

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WH3ikFLibu4
uncensored Sky broadcast

MGM Hatton vs. Mayweather weigh in
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1C9rHfh2oE

yeh, as for the fight... it's still got potential to be a classic, one thing's for sure - it seems to have caught the World's imagination

Come on Hatton!

Last edited:
D

Darkstarlive

Flyod is fast and wins by throwing combinations and then stepping back, it may be effective but its BORING!!! This aint the olympics. I want to see a fight not boxing, I like brawls and knockouts, thats why the most exciting fighter in the middleweight division is Kelly Pavlik this MFR will put you on your arse, his last two fights against Edison Miranda and that bum from arkansas( I can't remember his name..lol) were two of most brutal knockouts I've seen since the heyday of the division in the 80's with Leonard, Hearns & Duran.

I think that if Hatton keeps taking the fight to Mayweather He can get to him and hopefully drop him to the canvas. There's Only One Ricky Hatton!!!

Peace.

well on spike tv you can watch a great free fight: clay guida vs. roger huerta

the standup won't be as good ..but I guarantee this will be the most exciting fight of the night.

plus you'll see mac danzig choke out tommy the dumb ox from TUF

its not the same as hatton mayweather... but it will be alot more realistic.

If anyone's got links for the hatton mayweather fight toss em my way.. its a little pricey for that one fight.

Latest posts

Latest posts