What's new

richirich_99's micro cab

Hey everyone. So after being a lazy stoner i've decided to take the time to put together and start a grow log. I will update at least once a week, if not more.

So lets start things off with some basic info to get everyone up to speed. I have an NGB style cab. The overall deminsions are ~24"dX32"wX36"h. THis is the same cab the DiscoBiscuit is growing in and is set up very similar.
I have the cab divided so the flower is only about 15" wide and same with the veg/clone area. The flower area has the full height, minus my light, but still gives me plenty of room from the floor to the light. I have the light hard mounted but raise the plants on a subfloor as needed.

I am running a perpetual SOG, with mostly bagseeds but have a few other strains im trying out that i was gifted from a friend. I'll introduce all the girls in a min. I grow in 24oz bottles and trying out 2L bottles as well. Im using ffof w/ a lil added perlite, and feed with earth juice.

So lets get to the good stuff-the pics! :joint:

Full front of cab closed:
004.jpg

Full open view while being put together
008-Copy.jpg

Looking into the veg/clone/mother room

some girls in the veg room
IMG_0349.jpg

IMG_0350.jpg

Front View of the cab w/ veg side open
IMG_0352.jpg

now lets meet a few of the girls in veg and mothers:

This is an unknown kush, or so i was told from who i got it from.
IMG_0353.jpg

IMG_0354.jpg

Bagseed mother-I just labeled CH.
IMG_0358.jpg

What i just named fire, cuz the seeds came from some FIRE i got a while ago. May call her purple pinapple, she turns purp and smells like pineapples.

Fire Mom
IMG_0362.jpg

IMG_0363.jpg

CH clone-vegging til 5-6" then into 2L to flower.
IMG_0356.jpg

group shot of clones-theres some fire in there and also a few skunk #1 from a friend that are waiting to root.
IMG_0360.jpg

Theres a few other plants and clones going, but nothing too exciting. I'll have all the pics of the flower room up in just a few minutes, no later than tonight, just realized i havent pulled them off the camera yet.

Feel free to comment or question anything. Thanks for stopping by everyone!!!:woohoo:

Flower pics!!!! Sorry it took a lil while to get these up. hope you guys enjoy.

I dont know exact weeks flowering for all the plants without going and looking again at thier labels, but here are some for everyone to see.

This is a bagseed thats about 4 weeks along
IMG_0375.jpg

IMG_0376.jpg

CH clone-about 1 week into flower
IMG_0377.jpg

IMG_0378.jpg

I think these are both fire clones, or purp pineapple.
IMG_0379.jpg

CH clones almost ready to chop, 9 weeks i think
IMG_0383.jpg

IMG_0382.jpg

here is a shot of the inside of the flower room with the girls.
IMG_0384.jpg

this is either one of the bagseed or unknown kush clone, cant tell from the pic.
IMG_0385.jpg

this is for sure an unknown kush, very strechy plant, so i question the kush in it.
IMG_0390.jpg

empty flower room
IMG_0391.jpg

the next few are just shots of the flower room with plants in
IMG_0392.jpg

IMG_0393.jpg

IMG_0394.jpg

Hope you guys enjoy. sorry i cant get any better pics, my camera isnt the greatest, but it works.

Thanks DB! I took a lot of ideas from ya, and just some good ole stoner inginuity lol.

Cheesebuds, thanks!

Im watering tonight, so i should be taking a few more pictures of the new growth in the next few days. they shoot up and get bigger everytime i feed em. Also will have some pics of some water cured purp pineapple that i monday, so its almost ready to dry and smoke by the weekend.

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
Looking good rich. I'm growing 4 different strains atm, 6 plants total. A couple of strains are lighter feeders and I guess I burned em a little. It's a real pain in the ass mixing two batches for such a small grow. I'm gonna try feeding every third water and see if I can get away with regular strength.

just wanted to give everyone a heads up, I found some trays that hold 3 2L bottles perfect and if i remember right, will hold about 8-10 24oz bottles. I found them at target, there in the storage section and thier called itso storage bin, or itso narrow tray. I didnt buy any cuz they were like 4 or 5 bucks a piece but im thinking i may just go pay the money so i have something to help organize the plants and catch run off in the cab. Anyways this is just me rambling....when i get them i'll get some pics of them up.

looks great! you seem to be getting good results, ill be interested to see how this goes through til harvest. a few questions though, if you don't mind:

whats your ventilation setup?

how are your temps?

with how much total wattage?

what is your feeding schedule/method/nutes?

thanks man, keep it up and stay green.

Tripsick

Experienced?
Veteran
I was going down the same road as you and the tray were high dollar...

look for photo trays i got mine there but not using right now... they are 20x16 or larger or smaller and have pour areas so you can empty them.

i hope this link is ok.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/shop/772/Developing_Trays.html

Richards
Plastic Ribbed Developing Tray - for 16x20" Paper

Food trays are way too expensive when you are forced to buy them in the hundreds

Dunno if you have them in the states but we have certain shops here that sell cheap shite for cheap.. sometimes one fixed price everything in the shop.. pound stores. I guess they'd be dollar stores there...or just general super cheap tat stores

Well, here, they tend to sell a lot of crap but some stuff that is good for growing - they're the only places that come up with cool white cfls cheap here in the UK for example.. others are plastic food boxes for bubble cloners..

Storage boxes and the lids for them are good for runoff/feeding stations.. as are cheap cat litter trays - my flower cab is lined with two cheap large cat litter trays that were £0.99 for the two from the £0.99 shop. Even used one as the tray for a micro E&F pod i made up for a buddy before. They're usually at least 3-4" deep so are perfect for run-off.

Nice grow, like it. Thinking about moving to something self contained myself instead of a bottom corner of a closet :D

looks great! you seem to be getting good results, ill be interested to see how this goes through til harvest. a few questions though, if you don't mind:

whats your ventilation setup?

how are your temps?

with how much total wattage?

what is your feeding schedule/method/nutes?

thanks man, keep it up and stay green.

itsmysubaru, thanks. and to and to answer your questions....

My total wattage for flower is 150 w hps. For veg is use any where from 52-104w of 6500k cfls. It depends on temps, currently with summer im only using 52w but use more when it cools down.

My ventilation set up is I am using the S&P 125 to cool the entire cab. I have it placed in my utility room. It pulls air thru both the veg area and thru the cooltube in the flower area. I have added a small 80 cfm duct booster fan that i had laying around to help move more air thru the cooltube into the utility room during the summer while temps are warmer.

Im playing around with the idea of changing my ventilation by adding another small s&p fan to exhaust the entire veg side, and using my s&p 125 to exhaust my entire flower. I can keep it fairly stealth, running a box fan next to it in the room drowns out any noise already, and i would assume would be very little increase in noise.

As for temps, they run about 80-85 for the most part in the veg, sometimes hotter when i cant get the room temp down on hot days. I have the flower running at from 8pm to 8am and usually dont see temps over 86 max.

I feed w/ Earth Juice, i feed them pretty much every watering. this is per one gal of water:
veg:
1tsp catalyst
2tsp grow
and if i feel they need some extra P, i add 1tsp bloom. Also do this the last watering for veg before i flip them to flower.

flowering:
1tsp catalyst
2tsp bloom
and for the first 2 weeks or so of veg i add 1tsp of grow to help with the strech.

Im playing around with flushing or not flushing, im trying it on some, and not on others to see if i notice any difference, since the EJ line up is organic.

Hope this helps ya!

DB- That shitty about shipping with those. I water using the DR bud method but need something to put them in to catch run off after i dunk them and put them back in the cab.

Im thinking i may just go get a few of those trays i found at target when i get paid next week.

As for any updates, not much new, watered everything 2 days ago, and will be watering laer tonight, but not til late....going to watch st. pierre fight!!!!

I'll take a few pics of the girls when i pull em all out to water. I also cut a few clones last night.

So not a whole lot to update, i watered last night, and took a few pics but the batteries died. I took one out and chopped it last night. It was one of the CH clones and it had been flowering for 9 weeks. This bagseed strain will turn crazy purple and black if i let it go to 11-12 weeks. I have also came to the conclusion that when i flower some of the plants in the smaller bottles i will need to veg til they are a lil taller. I currently have been doing them at 2-4 inches and they could finish bigger giving me a better yeild. I have small yeilds so far on the plants that i have harvested but i think its because some are only finishing at 6-9 inchs and some a lil taller. I would like to get them to finish at about 18-20 inches with a single budicle.

But that is what is so great about this hobby, always trying to improve and get better. I average yeild from the small plants ends up being 2-5 grams most of the time, some a lil higher. I would like to find a strain that would grow well in 2L bottles in SOG and would yeild 1/2-1oz per plant, and finish in 8-9 weeks. I just need to get on ordering some seeds too. if anyone has any recommendations that would be great, i would perfer a mandala strain because of the good prices.

just thought i would let everyone know that i bit the bullet and finally just ordered some good genetics from seedbotique. I orders a pack of the Mandala Speed Queen, which i hope will suit my needs well. Cant wait to get the seeds and start a more consistent SOG with known genetics.

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
Hope you like the SQ, heard good things about it.

Here's a suggestion for more yield. When transplanting, don't saturate the new soil. Slightly moist new soil will sustain growth until the root system is established. Then you can go back to throwing the water at it. I usually transplant 4" pots to over a gallon and plants have enough moisture for as much as a week before needing additional water. Your results will vary with strain so keep a close eye and water when needed.

Thanks for the tip when tranplanting. I'll try it out, i usually completely submerge the plant as soon as i transplant. I know also right now my temps are a lil high which will effect my yeilds. But i cant do a whole lot about that right now with the really hot summer temps were having right now. But as soon as summer's over im going to go nuts and cram my cab full and get as much out of the cab as possible.

Im probably only going to start 4-6 of the seeds, and hope to find one or two mothers. I dont want to start all of em because im terrible and hate seedlings, so i want to have some left over and for when temps are cooler.

The smoke from what i have harvested is really nice, some is more stoney than others, even taken at some times, but its a good balance. Cant wait to be smoking some of that SQ!!!

Not much new to update, i threw one plant that i had topped in veg a few weeks ago into flower. I was going to keep it for a mother of one of the unknown kush that i was gifted but its way too strechy and too sativa for my cab and growing style. I kept it in the 24oz bottle to help control strech and giving it a lil less N this time. Other than that, not much new, i took a clone off of the white widow, as soon as i see roots i will flower the mother or keep the mother and flower the small clone to see how it grows.

Sorry this is so long, just smoked a big bowl out of the vape of my water cured CH stuff.

i'll try it out just to see on one of the plants next time. cant hurt to try something new.

Also, anyone got some suggestions on a small water pump. I will be leaving for a few days, and i dont want them to dry out, and have no one to water for me. I was going to try to hook something up to pump water into the tub slowly, and set it on a timer and let the plants soak for a min or two then drain back out. I would just be hooking up a rubbermaid from outside the cab and running the hose in thru the intake in the bottom, and just drain back.

any suggestion would be great. If i dont get something hooked up, i will be doing what i did over xmas and just put a few inches of water in the bottle of the tubs that i put them in, and hook up a few airstones. Im only going to be gone for like 3-4 days but usually water about every other or every 3. so they may be ok, but im worried that with the high temps that they will dry out faster. anyways, im off to go check on the plants, light just turned on. hope to get a few more pics up.

More pics finally!!!

More pics finally!!!

So i finally got around to uploading my pics from the camera. So no need for more talking, here they are:

on the left is CH clone about 5 or 6 weeks, right is the fire clone only about a week or two in to 12/12
IMG_0386-1.jpg

CH clone up-sorry poor quality
IMG_0387-1.jpg

A very sativa, strechy unknown kush supposedly.
IMG_0389-1.jpg

CH clone, right before i cut it. Cut this last week, or start or the week. good smoke.
Flowered too small, it didnt strech much, finished at about 5-7 inches but was almost all bud.
IMG_0396.jpg

Another CH-flowered at 6" in a 2L. ITs about 2 weeks at 12/12, and is about 11-12" tall. looks really indy, with real fat big leaves. wish it would of streched more but cant wait to see it fill up.
IMG_0405.jpg

top view
IMG_0406.jpg

multi top bagseed at about 6 weeks 12/12
IMG_0409.jpg

I didnt take any pics of anything in veg. but may do it the next time i do pics. hope everyone is happy and high!!!:joint: