What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

RI caregiver busted in Mass.....thoughts?

I'm not naming names - that would be tacky and not cool at all - besides, there's no need to advertise this and let LE know they've put yet another dent in our civil liberties here in New England. I was never a supporter of this particular caregiver, but FFS its always a tragedy when these things happen. Talk about a setback. Fellow Massholes and Rhode Islanders in the MM community know who I'm talking about. Thoughts on steps we can collectively take to prevent this from happening again?

Danky Kong

I'm not naming names - that would be tacky and not cool at all - besides, there's no need to advertise this and let LE know they've put yet another dent in our civil liberties here in New England. I was never a supporter of this particular caregiver, but FFS its always a tragedy when these things happen. Talk about a setback. Fellow Massholes and Rhode Islanders in the MM community know who I'm talking about. Thoughts on steps we can collectively take to prevent this from happening again?

For starters, never use Paypal for anything that pertains to Cannabis. That should be obvious. I feel bad for them but they screwed themselves.

What abot eBay?

FatNerd.jpg

Danky Kong

Im confused easy to do....Where did he say they used paypal????

The guy wasn't selling actual weed or seeds with Paypal but he had a few legal items on his website for sale thru a Paypal shopping cart. The Paypal account was linked to the guy's wife's credit cards & bank account so that's how they were able to positively ID the website owner since the whois data was private.

mowood3479

Veteran
fuck paypal and even tho i do not know the circumstances of this case fuck the commonwealth of massachesets(sp). They have some straight storm troopers working for the state police there. civil liberty violating mofo's

Red Fang

Veteran
Don't know quite what you mean, but I would think all state police forces are civil liberty-violating storm troopers.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Don't know quite what you mean, but I would think all state police forces are civil liberty-violating storm troopers.

in the latest Washington Post there is an article on SWAT teams throughout Mass. that refuse to comply with FOI requests from the ACLU etc, claiming that they are private tax exempt corporations. no, these are worse than the average pigs...

DogChapman

in the latest Washington Post there is an article on SWAT teams throughout Mass. that refuse to comply with FOI requests from the ACLU etc, claiming that they are private tax exempt corporations. no, these are worse than the average pigs...

whats really scary is that about 75% of SWAT in the US are considered private entities, which means they do NOT have to disclose where a single cent was spent.

50 THOUSAND swat team raids in the US annually, up from FOUR thousand just 15 years ago.

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
make your customers come to you ...all my clients from ri had to come to me in mass.i wasn't going there except to fish..

RonSmooth

Veteran
fuck paypal and even tho i do not know the circumstances of this case fuck the commonwealth of massachesets(sp). They have some straight storm troopers working for the state police there. civil liberty violating mofo's

If someone said "Even though I have no knowledge of the case, the guy is a drug dealer is guilty should go away for life. Paypal should get a medal for their role in getting this thug off the street"

What would you say about this person?

DrFever

Veteran
I thought you needed to sign a statement promising not to deliver to anyone but the patient to whom you have been designated before even becoming a care giver,???
And see this is the start of whats going to screw up the whole medical grower scene GREED , One would think there observing studying it and after few years...
it will be proven that many care givers etc grew also for the purpose of selling making extra cash, ,,,,
only takes a few bad apples abusing the privilege.
Then they will make new laws making it impossible for the average person to become or even grow it changing laws to make it extremely expensive start up costs maybe insurance etc security,
and this is were the private sector people with the means ( funds ) big time investors etc

Also the Government can see that this is a means of making money ,,,,,
so in order to bump the small time care giver out they change laws ??? making it litterally impossible like 100,000 + annual feee licensing, out rages insurances, only can be grown in industrial areas which means big money to rent warehouses, other things like 24 hr security etc making it out so you can not grow anymore

mowood3479

Veteran
If someone said "Even though I have no knowledge of the case, the guy is a drug dealer is guilty should go away for life. Paypal should get a medal for their role in getting this thug off the street"

What would you say about this person?

I would say that we prob weren't going to be good friends considering our different viewpoints.... To each his own but I'm not a fan of seeing people locked in cages for herb. I think it's an affront to real justice and freedom.
People can wax poetic about America and freedom but our country imho is getting further and further from actual freedom and justice.
It's sad, but I suppose hypocrisy and corruption are as old as man.
We know no other way, apparently