What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

RHODE ISLAND poised to become 11th Medical Marijuana State

O

OHenry

Not to sound silly but does this mean I could move to RI, get a prescription and start a grow like in Cali? Oh

G

There's a push for the same thing in Massachusetts as well. Democrats are supporting the medicinalization of marijuana & also the decriminalization of it but opposers say we need to be wary.

A county DA claims it is a "gateway drug" and we should be careful not to hop onto the state legislation fad, so to speak

I've read opinions in the newspaper also and one person said "Well, people shouldn't be able to grow the medicine, it should be regulated and gotten at a pharmacy like every other drug!" The problem with that of course is that the government provides DISGUSTING & shitty weed, but many citizens have no clue that this is the case.

The state legislation of this is helpful but the same thing has happened in the past and look where we find ourselves.....the situation is an absolute mess. Sure it's better than the status quo in most states but it is still no where near satisfactory in terms of the long run.

What REALLY must be done is getting marijuana recognized as a medicine on a FEDERAL level.

Right now MAPS/NORML is sueing the DEA because the DEA refuses to license anybody but the National Institute on Drug Abuse to produce weed for scientific studies. Because NIDA is the sole producer of research marijuana, they have the power to deny anybody they want, effectivly shutting down ANY legal route to scientific study on weed, which they have no problem doing (Just take a look at their name - Nat'l Inst. on Drug Abuse

Hopefully MAPS/NORML will prevail and scientific studies can be done. Until then, the DEA has a monopoly on the scientific research of weed - which is exactly what they want.

We need scientific studies to prove marijuana is capable of being a medicine.

We need to recognize medicinal marijuana on a FEDERAL level

We need to end the DEA's tyranny that ravages this nation (controlling the scientific studies of a plant, trying to outlaw industrialized hemp when we are the only industrialized nation in the world not to farm it, trying to outlaw hemp oil from food, etc...)

Contact your federal representatives and tell them what you think, becauses aside from voting and & spreading the word, that's the only way we can do something about this absolute utter MESS.

Last edited:

mpro

I said no, so one would not compare CA and RI in tolerance levels. (right now) Cancer and AIDS is what will be getting the bulk of the cards.

i enjoy thc said:

mpro

Dunno, but for many different things. Hopefuly it will be like that later on. With more than 1/5th of the country having medicinal marijuana laws, it's about time this thing gets completly free (of restrictions) and police focuse their attention on the real problem, METH! aside from curruption

meth doesn't look like this :)

and if the law wasn't how it is, I would smoke up cops all the time. :joint:

Last edited: