What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

RGS Outdoor Compitition - Freezeland IBL, Mighty Freeze, Whitey Freeze, GG#2

Hillbilly69

Well, had to cut another handful of moldy buds on the pink pheno freezeland. Seems like it might struggle with our crappy weather too. But long range forcast is showing a week of sun coming, that will be the first time this summer that we get more than 3 days of sun in a row 😎

mr.brunch

Veteran
All looking good and healthy… shame about the bit of mould, but it sounds like it’s been an exceptionally wet summer both sides of the pond.
Lovely colours !

Hillbilly69

The later whitey freeze pheno is pretty much done. Girls are FULLY flushed and the smell is so good you almost want to eat a bud 🤪 All finished by end of August. Great strain and handled the bad weather pretty good. Lost less than 10% to mold, which is pretty good considering all the rain we got. Would grow this one again for sure, would just make sure they are in new organic soil mix... Smoke report to come.
Resized_20230825_084556.jpeg

Resized_20230825_084614.jpeg
Resized_20230825_084626.jpeg

Last edited:

Hillbilly69

The green pheno freezeland IBL is almost done too, on day 56 of flower and buds are getting dense. Starting to mold a bit and of course it's raining next few days. We'll test how resistant it is 🙈
The mighty freezes are the most mold resistant so far. Almost zero mold!!

mr.brunch

Veteran
Best of luck mate, hope the mould holds off
Not had a summer like this here since 2007 I think 🤔 lost lots of plants in the woods that year ☔
Nice to see the whitey freeze crossing the finish line 🥳🥳

Hillbilly69

Same here Mr brunch, don't remember the last time we had such a wet summer. If they did well this year they would do great in a normal year!

Hillbilly69

We got a few nice days and the girls appreciated it. But another 30-40mm of rain coming in next 36 hours, then its a solid week of warm sunny weather, finally!! That should help finish things up.
First the green pheno freezeland, she'll be the next one to harvest in 4-5 days...
Buds are not huge but they are rock solid. The smell is of a nice sweet skunky pine.

20230829_203343.jpg

20230829_203425.jpg

Hillbilly69

The later pink pheno freezeland is starting to put on some density too. This one needs another few weeks. The smell is something else, I get wiffs every so often when I'm in the yard and it makes me smile, a lovely super sweet bubblegum type smell 🤤
The structure on this one is different, no branching along the main stems but then branches out on the top 12-14". Literaly making each stem look like lollipops.
Can't wait to taste this one. Was happy to see it start to lighten in color, was worried I had mixed my organic soil too strong...
20230829_204514.jpg

20230829_202142.jpg

Hillbilly69

Moving on to the mighty freeze. I harvested the bottom buds on the pink pheno. It revegged for 3-4 weeks so the first buds it produced where ready a few weeks ago, they weren't very dense but taste awesome and pack a pretty good punch, more of a creeper stone. After putting some through the vaporizer watching TV I didn't think it hit me until I got up 15 minutes later o_Olol!
The newer buds from after it revegged are now starting to rippen and put on weight. She's having a hard time holding the weight up! 🤣 smell on this one is sweeter, must be from the pink freezeland genetics. Should be done in next 10 days or so.
20230829_203913.jpg

20230829_203538.jpg

And the smaller green pheno that's had zero TLC...
20230829_202533.jpg

Last edited:

Hillbilly69

All great early genetics that have done quite well during the wetest summer since I can remember. Would love to see these perform during a more normal season!

Last edited:

mr.brunch

Veteran
All looking very good mate, I think I’ll have to try the mighty freeze next year… nice and early by the looks 👍👍

Hillbilly69

Yes, that's one on my list to try again too. But will have to be more careful on the indoor veg time and light regime to avoid the reveg when put outdoors

mr.brunch

Veteran
Good idea- I was thinking 16/8 veg for 2-3 weeks then plant out mid may when it’s just over 15.5 hours sunlight 👍👍

Hillbilly69

Checked on the pink pheno freezeland after 24 hrs of heavy rain and as suspected she's molding up pretty bad. Crazy how fast mold spreads in one day. Wind is blowing so dried up quick, but a lot of the bushy tops are molding on the inside. I think I'm going to loose a lot of this one, still has about 10-14 days to go 😖
20230831_104059.jpg

Kree73

Well, had to cut another handful of moldy buds on the pink pheno freezeland. Seems like it might struggle with our crappy weather too. But long range forcast is showing a week of sun coming, that will be the first time this summer that we get more than 3 days of sun in a row 😎
Not liking the sound of that mold stuff . Hope I don't get any . 🙏⛅🌞👍😎

Kree73

Checked on the pink pheno freezeland after 24 hrs of heavy rain and as suspected she's molding up pretty bad. Crazy how fast mold spreads in one day. Wind is blowing so dried up quick, but a lot of the bushy tops are molding on the inside. I think I'm going to loose a lot of this one, still has about 10-14 days to go 😖
View attachment 18884248
A horrible thing . Is mite a problem outside? Spider mite is another horrid thing .

mr.brunch

Veteran
View attachment 18884248
Shame… early harvest?
Hoping for a drier summer next year