What's new

REZNHEAD NEEDS YOUR HELP IC...

R3ZNH3AD

MOJAVE GREEN, do you have any info on this area?? I was stopped by CHP... Do I have a chance to get my medicine back??

supermanlives

Veteran
I would find out where the case stands and who is in charge of it. with all the right paper work and a little effort on your part you might avoid a costly lawyer and trial. like I said a lot of cops don't care and will let the judge sort it out. the da and assistant da might not pick up case if provided all paperwork. you can always get lawyer later. you don't need lawyer to say not guilty lol.

RoadRash

If you're going to pay $10K or however much, you deserve to prevail in Court.

Since you're in a pressure situation, coming up to speed fast on defense lawyers (not that you've done anything wrong), I would contact NORML ASAP (and similar organizations) and ask for the names of attorneys and their contact info.

Then, you start interviewing them.

I wonder if there is any merit to waiting & delaying some of the proceedings. Since it's California, it's proper 215, with Colorado & Washington having it legalized, they're going to look mighty dumb trying to get a jury of 12 to convict you, as if you're a "menace to society".

Also, once you have name of an attorney, you can check them out in the database at the Courthouse or Law Library.

Basically, at the law library they have a book called "Jury Verdicts Weekly", for the state of California. That and similar databases can help narrow down the search. You can see, which attorney prevailed in Medical Marijuana transport cases similar to yours.

You have a good chance of making the idiots look like, well, idiots. (But I'm biased.)

Good luck with this. I was pulled over with a tuna fish can of Mersh in 1989 at a park in Calif. About an 1/8th. Low quality. Judge threw the case (and, I suppose, the Mersh) out.

mojave green

rockin in the free world
Veteran
will your doctor testify that the amount you had was appropriate for your affliction, i.e. usage amounts, delivery method (edibles, oils, etc)?
will the members of your collective testify that they are members, and will their dr's testify?
if you can obtain some or all of the above, def beatable...much money? probably. fookin nazi's! :moon:
good luck r3z!
:tiphat:
mg

10K is probably his retainer, and if the there's a lot of frivolous paper pushing, that'll get eaten up quickly.

Don't make the mistake i did with an atty - was a defendant in a lawsuit, got referred this atty by a 'friend's atty" and this guy wasted $28K on futile motions - i only found out by accident. My 2nd atty was super sharp, focus'd, high integrity (which is rare) and frugal with my money. But by accident he revealed the motions the 1st atty had filed, "he'd never have expect the judge to rule any way other than he had", which was against me. This involved a patent issue - i wanted to be certain of what he indicated so i asked another patent attorney that i'd know and used for years to look at the original complaint and the motions, and he confirmed the same thing. $28k spent filing totally wasted motions, but meant accrual of billable hours.

Do some research, talk to other MJ defendents who've been in your shoes before - if you can find em, see who they recommend and why.

DamnUglyDogE

Learning the rules well,so as to break them effect
ICMag Donor
Veteran
10k to lawyer up ¿...

The poor man sits behind bars while the
already rich continues to grow on.

Makes an old dawg sad. ...

10k to lawyer up ¿...

The poor man sits behind bars while the
already rich continues to grow on.

Makes an old dawg sad. ...

to make you know how bad it can get with legal fees, the lawsuit i was in as a defendant, was totally bogus - we spent $330K AND NEVER GOT OUT OF DISCOVERY - the game plan was to bleed us out financially, they could issue paper ie interogatory responses that each took only 10 seconds to prepare, but would cause our atty to spend 2-4 hours (at $300 per hour) per response, what the atty called "deficiency reports" - each report running 2-3 pages typed detailing whatever research proved them wrong or deficient in their responses.

another example - a bud in another industry regulated by the feds got charged with a criminal felony violation for doing something he had obtained an approved "ruling letter" from the fed agency's ruling (or technical branch) - and they had made the mistake of attaching a copy of a memo response from the sub-branch of that agency that regulated my bud's area of activity. The ruling branch had sent over a memo asking "what's your position on this before we respond?" and they responded, "unfortunately this would be legitimate or legal because of ...."

to further indict themselves, two of the examiners in the ruling branch, after my bud got his approval letter, two of them got their own licenses so they could do it themselves and did for two years. Then, about 1 year before my bud got charged, those two fed examiners terminated their privately held licenses and transferred to another unknown branch. When his came out, my bud's defense counsel asked "how did they survive in a 'non-prosecutorial bubble?' ". No response were ever offered.

okay, 4 years after rcving approval ruling letter, without a warning, they charge him

in court, the game was the same as i experienced, to drain the defendant time wise, emotionally and financially etc and the fed agency w/the US DOJ prosecutor played it well. But they were caught lying major, big time lies, denying there had been any written comm between the ruling agency & the sub-branch on this topic - and caught in a couple of other lies plus delaying or even denying discovery requests and deadlines.

My bud, at the $230K mark had to throw the towel in and filed bankruptcy, then filing a motion thru his atty (a known good guy btw) with the court asking to change his plea from "not guilty" to guilty, informing them he could no longer afford legal counsel as he had just filed personal bankruptcy.

The judge was so outraged at the conduct of that fed agency in court to date, that she denied the motion, instead ruling the court would bear the cost of his defense from that day forward. Six attorneys i know, have never heard of any court doing that.

The fed agency, realizing the case was going south fast, offered him a plea bargain that if he'd plead guilty to a misdemeanor paper violation charge, they'd drop all charges and he'd get to keep his license and his goods back which they'd seized during the arrest.
But the hitch was, by accepting the misdemeanor charge, he was surrendering all rights to suing them for false or malicious prosecution

that's how the game is played - i can relay a dozen stories in my industry similiar to the above - folks who've had their lives and retirement savings devastated over bogus charges.

DamnUglyDogE

Learning the rules well,so as to break them effect
ICMag Donor
Veteran
↑↑↑ Scary ↑↑↑ But true...
10k hit + F. O. Charges to avoid for trying to move what...
$3-4k worth of medicine...
:peek: Scary shit...

Hope someone in the know.
Finds your thread and helps a brother out.
Who knows, maybe a little Pro bono action from a stoned lawyer looking to
start 2014 on a green note...

Positive vibes headed your way, R3ZNH3AD...

R3ZNH3AD

THANK YOU for all who have posted info... What's strange is this... on the citation the cop made not a single mention about my medical card or the paperwork that I had... I showed it to him... Do you guys understand, read SB420 bill?... I read the entire bill. Check this out....

R3ZNH3AD

I'm not in the wrong.. And clearly written in SB420 you will not be charged with possession or transportation as medical patient under the guidelines of SB420... I LIVE IN FUCKING CALI....once again to break it down to medical use per day... It equals an eight a day= 4joints per day... Or two blunts... Does anyone see anything wrong here???

supermanlives

Veteran
dude cops don't care much. they are in the job of ticketing and arresting. the judge is when you get justice. like I said I would find out where the case stands and have all my paperwork in order. the da or assistant or detective in charge should be contacted and informed of your legal status and paperwork. you might be able to avoid a lot of bullshit with a few phone calls and maybe fax paperwork. I have dealt directly with the da in one of my cases way back and got a favorable outcome and didn't pay any lawyer shit.nip this in the bud bro. peace

Latest posts

Latest posts