What's new

Revival of the Ultimate Sativa Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bonecarver_OG

there is a lot of good weed out there - of course there is bad weed around too but there is some really good genetics going on there - even though it might have been badly grown and not gotten all of its potenciallities out :D

brick weed i only smoked in costa rica and UK :D in UK we got bricks from all over the world - a very nice way to explore the tastes of the world :D

peace

redrider

Colombian

Colombian

Colombian Santa Marta Gold 05

Another Santa Marta Gold

The "Elite" Punto Rojo

Punto Rojo Keif

No other weed smells or taste like Colombian (not even the Panama Red IMHO) the high is everything your smoke this shit for, up yet relaxed, intense but controlled. Colombian "export" weed is not the same as what can be found domesticly in Colombia. The export weed (I smoked it for years in the USA back in the 70s) is no where near as good as the local stuff.
Peace from Colombia

B

bonecarver_OG

nice keif!

i smoked a bit of punto rojo the other day (thanx raco - :woohoo: !) sure was nice smoke - tops class. in a bong hit it was overwhelming :D it was quite potent :D

peace

B

bonecarver_OG

the one i smoked was grown in the north of the iberic peninsula :D

those buds up there look really tasty! :yoinks:

peace

Last edited:

edelephant

I learn so much from your posts Motaco!!! Great read regarding the Mexican Imports, fucking great read!!!! Good having you around IC dropping the real knowledge!!!! I've actually been down to NOLA twice since Hurricane FEMA hit, doing some recovery work, gutting houses and meeting local activists. Nothing but love down there...I actually miss it greatly, I might be going in November but I am not sure yet. Maybe we can meet up for a toke and some conversation!!!

CHEERS!

edelephant

Long Live NOLA!!!!!!!!!!!!

redrider

I learn so much from your posts Motaco!!! Great read regarding the Mexican Imports, fucking great read!!!! Good having you around IC dropping the real knowledge!!!!

It's true he is a wealth of knowledge and really enjoy this thread.

G

Once you posted the pic in the grinder Red I remember now. We have gotten that in the states. Its been awhile since I have seen it around. Thats all it took was that pic. Thanks.

ethereal

Warrior
Veteran
i have some oaxacan highland beans to start someday..if i do them anytime soon in search of breeding cornerstones i'll make sure to post it here. good material here thanks motaco :wave:

G

A lil update on my Panama Red. It's at about 14 weeks flower today and it still looks weeks away. The dude who gifted it to me said 14 weeks but the buds are still very airy and filling in. Everything I had read on PR said 18 - 24 weeks so I'm not really surprised. I'll just give her whatever time she needs.

ethereal

Warrior
Veteran
definitely Rude :)
sometimes with the landraces they wont completely fill in at all.
other times however, they are large, full spears when finished properly.
ive never had the pleasure to grow the Panama Red,
but from what ive seen looks like she can go either way depending on the environment in which its grown, etc.
that or there are multiple phenotypes/lines in circulation. i attached soem pics for ya to compare them at the bottom of this post. :)
but definitely let her go as long as possible either way. she'll reward ya with a real treat.:)
have you checked the trichomes out yet Rude?
:eek: definitely keep a mom around till after a cure! :eek:
the old school sativas IME do best with some blue light in the equation. [metal halide]
maybe that will help her along a bit next time (if there is a next time)

any way ya cut it, it sounds like some nice pot Rude. i hope she smokes nicely for ya. be well

a true redhead...
Wallyduck said:
7aug_panama_red.JPG
and some donkey dick...
CBF said:

Panama Red~Panama Red.........he'll steal yer woman~then he'll rob yer headddddddd! :D

afropips

Great Read Guys!
Sativas definately Rock my World!
I have travelled around Africa & the most delicious
Buds I tasted was the Mozambique Black which
matches the description of the African Black
(A bag of the worst looking blk leafy bud)

& the Malawi Black scored in the Malawi Cob,
The buds were dark brown to black with tons
of blk sticky resin, compact & wet
& needed to be cut with the scissors.

I grew up in Durban & spent a good 10 years smoking
the original Durban Poison sticks wrapped in Bookie Papers.
Later they halved the size & used brown paper & were
known as Pietermaritzburg slugs. They come in a roll of 20 sticks,
resemble & are named after the revolver bullets.
I just popped a few of the PMBurg Slug seeds on the week end.

Eventually I got tired of the DP & went to the Transkei
for a couple of months. Here I stayed on several grower / Herbalist
plantations & sampled The Pondo Fever.
It was here in 1985 when I learnt how to take cuttings from
Julius the Best Grower in the Coffee Bay Area at the time.

Swaziland was the next destination as we ocasionally used to get the
Swazi Brick shipments in SA. It had a very fruity pepper taste
& was known as Royal Swazi.
We scored the Best heads from the Piggs Peak Area.
Swazi Grease was something special - A black hash with the resemblace of grease.
You had to wrap a matchstick dipped in grease & spread into the herb to smoke it.

In the early 80's a good friend of mine visited with a Malawi Gold Cob
his friend brought back with him from a holiday in Malawi.
We smoked a bottleneck amongst a few spa & puffed a few joints,
needless to say I was hooked.

The next ganja hunt was off to Zimbabwe in 86.
The Best we scored was the Batonka weed which was comparable to the
Mz & Mal Blks. The buds were the size & shape of Goons & Golf Balls.
The Mutoka weed had some interesting buds but were not
really Hard enough when the staple was Malawi Cobs which are readily available in Harare.

In 1992 I took my first trip to the Lake Malawi to
visit the place where the number one smoke was
coming from & stayed a couple of months.
Later I would spend half my time there & the other half in Zim
until I came to UK in 1999.

The First Grade Malawi Gold is definately my no1
choice of landrace sativas.
The Gold takes you to where you wish to be
with the unique Malawi Gold Taste, Aroma & Effect.
It is very similar to Thai weed in taste & aroma
but has the spicy gum numbing, vision distorting effect.
Its extremely Mellow & smooth to taste &
a warm glow comes over the whole body when
you come to the end of the Joint.

Here is Chizzle Pic of an opened Malawi Gold Cob
for those who have never seen the Malawi
traditional way of packaging & curing.
Notice the light green to gold colour.

Cool Runnings........

Last edited:

motaco

Old School Cottonmouth
Veteran
wow that was a great post afro thanks. made me miss derrayld, you two would have gotten along great. before I get too old I'd love to travel all over africa just to collect the exotic strains. Hopefully the strains are not going anywhere, but we all said that just 25 years ago. nobody thought strains would dissappear all together and many certainly did. I'm going to get to than on a section dedicated to the importance of preservation later. PS lovin the pic of the malawi cob.

this was as close as I came to malawi. a few seeds from a friend but it turned out male. still kept the leaf though.

@ rude. yeah definitely give her as long as she wants, so long as she doesn't start that business of never finishing. you know how they'll keep pumping out new calyxs sometimes when others are dead.

@edElephant and the others. Thank you so much. it means alot to me that you enjoy the thread so much. its alot of typing but its all worth it when its gettin info to the community that wants it. takes someone to do it. and THANK YOU so much for helping out with us in new orleans. as our society tends to do when something is out of sight its out of mind. and most people I think just forgot about us. We're never on the news anymore, except for our crime. And things really haven't changed much since katrina. we're still devastated. Garbage everywhere, overgrown property everywhere you look. the city park golf course was so overgrown I couldn't ride my bike down the golf cart path even. It really is heart warming all the people and especially highschool/college kids that came down on their own time and on spring break to help us clean up horrid mold and gutting houses. New orleans is a place you either love or hate, not usually an inbetween. People are scared of our violence but truth be told as long as your used to places where you must speak softly and carry a hard stick you'll be fine. And our culture is worth the danger.

Last edited:

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"raco - hehe - that looks fun some close ups of that? "
Hola Bone,
This is the only pic left :D:D:D

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
motaco said:
RACO I'm really glad to hear you had the story of Panama Red saved. We'll definitely need it for the colombian section. I know all about american, mexican, jamaican, and hawaiian weed so I can type up pretty good sections for them, but the colombian I'll definitely need some help with.

motaco,
I´m going to send it via PM,so you can post the story wherever you want.:D

motaco

Old School Cottonmouth
Veteran
(edited for clarity)

hey thanks raco. I'll make sure it ends up in the colombian section. I'm glad we got some cool colombian fellas like red and chaman to help out with that info, and guys like you that have grown some colombian strains that still hanging around here.:respect:

Hopefully as time passes more regional guys will drop by. I love to not only know about weed but the culture where its grown from. Not only latitude but growers preferences are equally as important to what a places weed is like.

Last edited:
G

The Maliwi Gold sounds awesome. I think I may have to check into that. I've always wanted to smoke Columbian,cambodian red , and others of legend. I remember getting some pure sativa stuff when I was in high school about 16 years ago, but I haven't seen any landrace shit in a long time. Damn I miss it. Great thread .

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts