What's new

Revival of the Ultimate Sativa Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

LowFalutin

Stems Analyst
Veteran
The purple girl finished in 13 weeks, with a 11d/13n light schedule.
I wasn't tracking her trichs because I though she had so far to go,
but when I checked them on Sunday there were already more ambers
than I like to see, especially given her denser effects.

That finishes all my Johnny Blaze F2s.
I'm calling the above girl Purple Blaze.
Her sister below I'm calling Green Blaze...
(currently jarred up)...

And the third, faster-flowering (~11wks), super incensy,
"better yielding" Johnny Blaze F2 keeper I'm calling Super
Cedar Blaze (or Suede for short)...

(also jarred up)

All their mums are vegging comfortably.

cheers

Last edited:

LowFalutin

Stems Analyst
Veteran
Ace seeds' Purple Haze x Thai F3
(Oldtimers Purple Haze #23 x cbg's Meao Thai)
getting her purple on @13.5 weeks 11d/13n light schedule...

Mahogany and dry dark fruit aroma coming on.
Already has a few ambers, so will give her a flush today
and harvest when she's pushed out a few more foxtails
and her aroma, color, and effect deepens some more.

Last edited:

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
i have a theory

in the future the whispy phenos will be the basis of sativa hash plants

RCC has been working on that for a decade. He hates that WLD Indicas have a lack of mold and PM resistance, as well as he feels it is easier to make hash from open calyx NLD Sativa varieties then tight nuggets like WLD Indica varieties, as well as he likes the terpenes from NLD varieties much better then WLD varieties. As well as he like big swollen bracts when mature, covered with resin.

-SamS

Last edited:

bigbag

Veteran
^hate is a pretty strong word. totally get it, but hating on WLD seems a tad closed minded, coming from RCC ?

bigbag

Veteran
for sure, I'm with that rational 100% ;) lots of fibre in dense WLD that never really develops quality resins and very much prone to plagues...I like to practice opening up the bud sites so as they don't form into solid cola's. helps ward off impending mold ...
certainly there are NLD landrace hashplants, many of the Nepalese specimens and some of the Uzbeki, Tajikistan, etc... Reeferman called them "missing links"

Nepali NLD plants were traditionally used for hash making, but not for sifted hash.
-SamS

Last edited by a moderator:

jayjayfrank

Veteran
RCC has been working on that for a decade. He hates that WLD Indicas have a lack of mold and PM resistance, as well as he feels it is easier to make hash from open calyx NLD Sativa varieties then tight nuggets like WLD Indica varieties, as well as he likes the terpenes from NLD varieties much better then WLD varieties.

-SamS

i am happy to hear this, it gives me encouragement to keep working on my own narrow leaf hash plant...

from the same seed lot lowfalutin got his 'whispy' pheno from i am using some males on an african/thai and working forward to have completely open swollen calyxes within a 100 day time frame... probably have another decade ahead of me too. trying to stabilize the spicy-lemon-pepper pheno. :dance013:

mofeta

Veteran
jayjayfrank said:
i have a theory

in the future the whispy phenos will be the basis of sativa hash plants

RCC has been working on that for a decade. He hates that WLD Indicas have a lack of mold and PM resistance, as well as he feels it is easier to make hash from open calyx NLD Sativa varieties then tight nuggets like WLD Indica varieties, as well as he likes the terpenes from NLD varieties much better then WLD varieties.

-SamS

That is one of the great things about greenhouse and indoor cultivation. It is real easy to manipulate environmental conditions to make real big, fluffy buds on almost any variety (of course it is much easier on NLD types). The open structure really makes it easier to harvest the resin, and seems to me to make for a higher resin/veg matter ratio overall (more resin per unit weight of veg material). I don't have any evidence for this other than observation, but it seems to be so.

mofeta

Veteran
certainly there are NLD landrace hashplants, many of the Nepalese specimens and some of the Uzbeki, Tajikistan, etc... Reeferman called them "missing links"

That Tajikistani HP Reef had was killer. It is one of my favorite "feel good" resins. Reminds me of feel good Mexican varieties I would get as a kid. It has a super open stucture, and bigger heads than a lot of NLDs. It also has pretty skinny leaves and a growth habit similar to NLDs. But it is different than your stereotypical tropical NLD in the larger head size an a few other subtle ways. Very interesting variety.

Madjag

Veteran
That is one of the great things about greenhouse and indoor cultivation. It is real easy to manipulate environmental conditions to make real big, fluffy buds on almost any variety (of course it is much easier on NLD types). The open structure really makes it easier to harvest the resin, and seems to me to make for a higher resin/veg matter ratio overall (more resin per unit weight of veg material). I don't have any evidence for this other than observation, but it seems to be so.

Hi Mo,

Here's a friend's version of what I think RCC is after (to a degree):

picture.php

jayjayfrank

Veteran
i have seen people refer to what i think we are talking about when discussing an 'airy sativa' as 'wheat pheno'

imagine the plant above but with enough space between each calyx to allow light to pass thought

mofeta

Veteran
Hi Mo,

View Image

Hi Madjag

Hey that looks pretty good. What is it? I bet that would be fluffy enough when dry to shed resin pretty good, and the heads look pretty big. Does it have a good narrow-leaf buzz/terp profile? Do you know if any WLD has been brought into that, or is it just selection on NLD? For hash, I like them more airy than that but that still looks OK.

Good to talk to you. I need to catch up on your story thread, I always get a big kick out of it, you really do a good job there.

mofeta

bigherb

Veteran
I love these Extreme sativa pics of Punto Rojo

1luvbigherb

Attachments

• photoMA28139060-0001.JPG
    photoMA28139060-0001.JPG
    68.9 KB · Views: 18
  • photoMA28139064-0003.JPG
    photoMA28139064-0003.JPG
    48.9 KB · Views: 19

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
Hi Mo,

View Image

G`day MJ

That`d be ECSD x NVL`s Hz AKA Sour Nevil`s [Chaco] X Reversed Lemon SK / Mazar I AKA Lemon Mazar [Kanga[[reversed by Dark Horse ]] ].

I don`t think it would like humidity but . Too much afghani and Skunk in it .

I have the G13 / Widow X Lemon SK / Mazar cousin of it by Dark Horse.

Some close ups of the trichs on the one in the pic would tell a lot .
How long are the trich stalks . How big are the trich heads . And how easily are they detached ? Then we are talkin real hash talk . lol .

Shanti tried making a Super Silver Haze x Black Widow , Sat dom Hash Plant for a buddy of his on Reunion Isl .
Guy on Reunion couldn`t make it work financially . Competing with 3rd world prices, so was discontinued ...

I got my hands on both crosses SSHz x BW and BW x SSHz . But alas they didn`t germ .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts