What's new

Revival of the Ultimate Sativa Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
GN Thai stick (kanga cut). This will be my last grow of this exotic Thai - I have too many others to try and I couldn't be bothered keeping clones. But it's an amazing plant; bushy, thin leaved, woody stemmed, very easy to maintain and can handle wet or dry weather better than almost any other. She also has a unique sweet fuely smell and old school high, just a shame I don't live another 10 degrees closer to the equator to finish her off properly before Spring comes around...

Very leafy tops, but as flowering develops the leaves yellow and fall off, and some resinous calyxes are revealed...

Even with that further closeness to the equator they still want a nice hot/dry finish , my thai also looked similar to yours bushy,
was a rainy/cloudy season for it and expect took it s toll ,

ill try again ,
suspect they dont like much fert at all ,
too much N , too green ,, too much leaf ,, too long to flower,
just a theory , we will see how it plays out ,
fingers crossed on a dry finish ...

Kangativa

Veteran
Even with that further closeness to the equator they still want a nice hot/dry finish , my thai also looked similar to yours bushy,

ill try again ,

Hey Wal you have that right, I dont give the Thai's fert all year, they just grow in what they are put in and I have way more pistils and a lot less leaf on the GN Thai than Bushy's

Probably about 3 - 4 pounds. Total grow was almost 20 and half of that was lost to rot. We stopped trimming after 3 and everything has been gifted except for a small personal amount.

bushweed

Veteran

ill try again ,

Yes mate fingers crossed, I've learned to take the good with the bad weather wise, and interestingly this year has been wetter than the last two down here, but the ganja has been considerably stronger this year. Not sure if that's true for Kanga.

I planted this at the end of January - 4 months old now - 5 months later than usual...
picture.php

Hmong Thai by Kangativa
picture.php

Giant tree above and left of gnome = Mullum Madness
picture.php

Mullumbimby Madness flower
picture.php

+ dried
picture.php

RandyCalifornia

Well endowed member
Veteran
Holy Cow Bushweed, that is one lovely lady!
I only wish I could grow some outdoor like that again. Spectacular plants!
Looks like it was a great season for Australia and the Southern Hemisphere this year judging by the size and girth of those cola's and all those huge plants.

RandyCalifornia

Well endowed member
Veteran
Hi Siever, they do have those graceful long blades that arch downwards beautifully.
I love getting high and tripping on leaf shapes, they all look mostly all the same till you really meditate on them and their beauty.

K

Kangalunacy

Gday Bushy,
I reckon with our warmer than usual temps you,ll get to the finish line easily with your sats
all the best
KL

Siever

Veteran
Yes! in one way or another there is more grace on a pure sativa then to a indica.
I just love the slender sativa appearance.Although I've seen some slender hybrids as well.
Mr nice's Angel Breath is a good example. I've never grown it and since i want to explore pure sativa strains first this strain will have to wait until i have the time. It's a strain I estimate high though it's just that you can't grow'em all at once.

regards

TopCross

The true sativa revival will come hand in hand with decriminalisation / legalisation as people gain the opportunity to move away from smaller indicas

Happy 7

A Lowryder #2 x Original Haze selection (F4). Part of my 'Sativa Automatica' project.

Smells like mango and incense. :)
picture.php

Whenever I see Bushy's, Kanga's, etc. huge trees I think how cool must growing and breeding those be but every now and then I rediscover the joys of tinkering with crosses that look like a sativa, smell like a sativa, smoke like a potent sativa, yield ok and finish even @ 55°N.

DreamsofTesla

Veteran
Hey y'all

Started my second grow, decided to grab all the free HID out on my deck, since I have outstanding privacy.

I grew some Nepali Rukum from beans on Jan. 1. Fried them crisp by accident. Only one clone survived. She's 6 months old now after 4 months of severe foot pinching. As soon as I put her into the 5 gallon pot, she exploded. I have 9 clones of her remaining, looking good.

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• second crop 020.jpg
    second crop 020.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 16
  • second crop 021.jpg
    second crop 021.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 16
  • second crop 022.jpg
    second crop 022.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 17

DreamsofTesla

Veteran
I'm brand new at all this, so forgive me if I come across dopey sometimes. Here's part of what I learned from y'all.

First grow, I ordered beans based on the description -- looking for a sat/ind hybrid with a mostly sativa high. Rather fail-ish. Turned out mostly indica. I'd get the Beanhoarder beans again and will try his other gear. The other one, eh...

I've heard all about the Dr. Grinspoon/Quaze, and I really want that one and Zamaldelica. Couldn't find any way to get seeds from Quaze, so I got Barney's.

Barney's can suck it, but I guess y'all knew that already. Live and learn. In the future, I'm getting beans from Ace or Cannabiogen, or Beanhoarder.

So before I talk a bunch of smack, let me show you.

[One of the pictures disappeared, maybe I wasn't supposed to post it, sorry. I only put the breeder's pack to show that I'm not making up lies about where it came from and what it was supposed to be.]

attachment.php
attachment.php

Note that they have a wee bit of nute burn -- I think part of the reason for the disappointing performance of my G13Hazes (also from Barney's) was that they're very big eaters. I've been feeding the crap out of this batch, and they seem like they might could take even more nutes.

At any rate, I know I'm a noob and all, but if any of you think there's any way in hell these chunky little indicas with the uniform leaves are going to turn into those crazy foxtail sativas, well, you know where to find me.

Benefit of the doubt, I reckon -- maybe they just have so many damned beans over there that they got mixed up and put in the wrong package.

I'll never buy anything from them again, though. The G13 Hazes I grew out before were completely different phenos. Fair enough, I only germed two, could be chance. When I posted them here people asked me why I was posting pics of indicas here. I had thought they'd be more sativa than they were.

Then I germed the rest of them just to be done with it.

attachment.php

Lo and behold, every one of them is a different pheno. At least this one looks like a sativa.

Attachments

• second crop 016.jpg
    second crop 016.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 17
  • second crop 017.jpg
    second crop 017.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 16
  • second crop 018.jpg
    second crop 018.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 17
  • second crop 019.jpg
    second crop 019.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 17
  • second crop 023.jpg
    second crop 023.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 18

DreamsofTesla

Veteran
Now that the slide show is over, can any of y'all help me with a couple of questions?

I really want to grow two trees. I plan to put that Nepali Rukum into a huge planter once I get some more compost, maybe 30-40 gallons. How big a container do you think I will need to get a tree? I can't dig more than about 4" before I hit rock.

Also, besides genetics, is there anything I can do to make the weed more potent? I don't know how that Nepali smokes, but she's 6 months old before going into flower so hopefully she'll be at her best.

The clones I have of that Nepali, some of them are rooted, but they're still pretty small cuttings. If I put them into increasingly larger pots now (no foot pinch) will they have a chance of getting to their full height? I have 2 planters 25+ gallon and privacy to grow them as big as they'll go. They should have 3 more weeks of veg before the equinox. Is that enough for a tree from the smaller ones, or not really?

Any suggestions or ideas MUCH appreciated.

Love y'all a lot, thanks for sharing your inspirational pics.

:tiphat::thank you:

Dirtboy808

Veteran
Chem91 Afghan Haze X Willie Nelson

Chem91 Afghan Haze X Willie Nelson

Asked the guys at GGG if they had anything that will get big in Hawaii so they sent me these to give a go. They just sexed at 4ft and they are in their new homes. Here is one of the girls.
Aloha
002-#2 Chem91.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.