What's new

Revival of the Ultimate Sativa Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ngakpa

Veteran
yeah - I wonder if the delayed onset and delayed peak of a lot of SE Asian stuff might be something to do with THCV content? Also the extended duration maybe?

----

yeah - with the Haze comparison, well, it would be very interesting to compare a pure Haze cut with a good selection from a North Indian charas strain accession

I am not a Haze expert, and though I've smoked more Hazes than i can remember the only Hazes I have smoked for months on end were some '90s Purple Haze and some NL5Haze

but I didn't notice any Haze characteristics in the North Indian charas strains pictured - these Himalayan strains you see really reflect the more Northern end of the drug "sativa" spectrum... whereas I think the Haze genepool is generally derived from Southern equatorial and tropical strains

but more to the point, I think Western tastes influenced selection with Hazes towards high THC, high THC, and more high THC so you get that rapid onset effect that some people go for

personally I prefer a combination of a more protracted onset and a very distinct characterful high -

with the domestic North Indians pictured the dominant characteristics of the high are that it is very warm and emotionally positive, rushing euphoria, light-headedness, rapid ideation, with pronounced "spiritual effects" (I don't know how to be more specific) ... the later rubs of the plant tend to produce a more stoned high, with more body effects... a bowl or a joint of that charas for breakfast and you are a buzzing Child of Nature till well past lunch...

friends and I have roadtested the charas on compulsive Western smokers of cheese and skunk stuff, and they all got a taste for this warm ultra-positive kind of Himalayan high... basically they got addicted to it in a sense, and didn't want to smoke anything else till it was all gone

Last edited:

moe

>ngakpa

the effect u describe is the effect i hope in the nepalese and tibetan (no mercy)
i will grow this summer !

ngakpa

Veteran
nice - is it an indoor or outdoor grow? do you know if the No Mercy accessions are from domestic or jungli strains?

these dataa might not be too bad indoor, the domestic Malana also

but to try a jungli strain indoor that would be a sign of true dedication(/foolishness, ey Gert?)

moe

no mercy took it "directly from monks in Nepal and Tibet"
and he send me of pic of him with the monks, we could see him on the website taking soil too
the seeds looks really good, very little and circle, the tibetan is a bit darker
maybe i will do a four plants outdoor, my spot is not really large and i don't want to people see it..as this plant could grow really tall
or maybe 6 cause here is the mal/female problem and i don't have a mother plant now.

cause i have enough seeds, i could try a bit indoor but my space is really little
hum but with little soil box, the plant never really grow big, an easy way to control.
i have saddhu and satori too, with india and nepal genetic.
i'm so impatient..really hope all will be good

spicecowboy

Temple Balls

Temple Balls

Hello Moe!

Those seeds from Nepal and Tibet seem quite interresting.

On his official website, Cees Hendriks claims that the Nepal seeds came from the plants that are used to make the legendary "Temple Balls".

This confuses me a bit, because I allways thought they were produced in Nepal.

Maybe someone can bring a bit of light into this topic.

However...- seems like I just discovered a new resource for fresh landrace genetics.

spice

Last edited:

spicecowboy

THCV

THCV

ngakpa said:
yeah - I wonder if the delayed onset and delayed peak of a lot of SE Asian stuff might be something to do with THCV content? Also the extended duration maybe?

----

yeah - with the Haze comparison, well, it would be very interesting to compare a pure Haze cut with a good selection from a North Indian charas strain accession

I am not a Haze expert, and though I've smoked more Hazes than i can remember the only Hazes I have smoked for months on end were some '90s Purple Haze and some NL5Haze

but I didn't notice any Haze characteristics in the North Indian charas strains pictured - these Himalayan strains you see really reflect the more Northern end of the drug "sativa" spectrum... whereas I think the Haze genepool is generally derived from Southern equatorial and tropical strains

but more to the point, I think Western tastes influenced selection with Hazes towards high THC, high THC, and more high THC so you get that rapid onset effect that some people go for

personally I prefer a combination of a more protracted onset and a very distinct characterful high -

with the domestic North Indians pictured the dominant characteristics of the high are that it is very warm and emotionally positive, rushing euphoria, light-headedness, rapid ideation, with pronounced "spiritual effects" (I don't know how to be more specific) ... the later rubs of the plant tend to produce a more stoned high, with more body effects... a bowl or a joint of that charas for breakfast and you are a buzzing Child of Nature till well past lunch...

friends and I have roadtested the charas on compulsive Western smokers of cheese and skunk stuff, and they all got a taste for this warm ultra-positive kind of Himalayan high... basically they got addicted to it in a sense, and didn't want to smoke anything else till it was all gone

Hello Ngakpa!

THCV is said to add an extra boost to the psychedelic properties of THC and other Cannabinoids, and to produce a rapid onset with a shortend duration of the overall effects.

If this is true, then there must be other reasons for the turn you describe.

You are absolutely right when you say that Western hybrids are mainly produced for a high TCH content and therefor lack in character of the turn.

I know exactly what you mean with "spiritual".

That´s one of the reasons why I´m after landraces.

I don´t want a hard hammering weed that has no real character, a rather short lasting buzz, and a fast tolerance buildup.

The goodies you get are a real treasure, and I understand that once you smoke stuff like that, you don´t want to go back to the average "Skunk".

There are some western hybrids that are a real treat, like some phenos of Kali Mist for instance, and every now and then you can find a nice keeper(I wonder how my recent Dutch Passion "Euforia" grow will finally turn out..), but
somehow it appears to me that there is a tendency, that most of the commercial genetics are variations between Skunk, Haze and Northern Light, given appealing names.

Nothing wrong about that, - but I love a unique high with character,- or maybe I´m just bored by the usual stuff, and you would find those crosses as exotic as I would find yours,- but I doubt that somehow...

spice

Last edited:

moe

spicecowboy said:
Hello Moe!

Those seeds from Nepal and Tibet seem quite interresting.

On his official website, Cees Hendriks claims that the Nepal seeds came from the plants that are used to make the legendary "Temple Balls".

This confuses me a bit, because I allways thought they were produced in Nepal.

Maybe someone can bring a bit of light into this topic.

However...- seems like I just discovered a new resource for fresh landrace genetics.

spice

would u say temple balls from tibet ?
speecees answer easily, maybe ask him :)

Highlighter

ring that bell
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The few times I ever saw it for sale, (in the 70's) it was always Nepalese Temple Balls, never have heard it referred to as Tibetian Temple Balls.
Sounds like some killer seed stock! :D

G

Here are a couple of pics of my SSH from this morning. Trics are still nearly all clear, but I think I see some cloudy ones beginning to show down lower on the plant.

pedro
:sasmokin:

SuperSilverHaze (MNS) Day Day 72 of flowering. Day 117 from seed

spicecowboy

Tibet

Tibet

moe said:
would u say temple balls from tibet ?
speecees answer easily, maybe ask him :)

Moe:

I was a bit tired yesterday.

Yes, of course I meant the seeds from Tibet.

So Cees claims that the seeds from Tibet were the ones used to produce the legendary temple balls(uh my..)

So maybe they grow Tibetan genetics in Nepal for the Temple Ball production, who knows?

Laurence Cherniak clearly describes them as a product from Nepal, and the added pictures show the package in which supposed temple balls arrived in the Amsterdam "Stix" Coffeeshop a few months ago(Attention: I didn´t take those pictures, they were "borrowed" from the Smokers Guide!)

spice

Last edited:

spicecowboy

Temple Ball

Temple Ball

Here is a picture of one of those legendary temple balls.

The photograph was taken by Laurence Cherniak, and I "googled" it.

(I am sure that I don´t break any copyrights posting this here, but if the admins have a moral problem with it, please let me know, I don´t want to offend Mr. Cherniak!)

The other picture shows one of the legendary advertisments of the Eden Hashish Center.

spice

Last edited:
G

Hey guys and gals!!!

I'm loving all the pictures and history. It kind of bums me out sometimes when I think about all the interesting and incredible strains out there that I'll never get to try. I won't live long enough :( I'll be 60 soon :) Anyway I really like reading about all the different kinds of cannabis out there.

Here's my Skunk Haze girl after 11 weeks (77 days) of flowering.....117 days from seed.

She is still "going" even though her leaves continue to yellow off and die. Trics remain clear. Still has the pleasantly mild "skunky" smell when "fondled" or moved around. I trimmed off a lot of the worst looking leaves. Pics don't show it here but she has decent trichomes but nothing compared to the SSH I have.

She has been getting nothing but water now for like 10 days or so I think. And thats what she got today. I don't test runoff too often ,but did for the hell of it today. Her runoff pH was somewhere between 6 and 7 slightly acidic.

The only thing I know to do at this point is just wait and watch for trics to begin changing. Right?

pedro
:sasmokin:

Skunk Haze from The Seedsman at 77 days of flwer, 117 days from seed.

G

I just made my own mini temple ball, it's a little piece of finger hash I made after trimming a Grapefruitbowl lady this evening. I smoked it just after making it by rolling it into little worms and placign them in a joint, lovely stuff.

I was readign a book and it mentions purifying charas in Northen India and Nepal by heating it in copper pans, Anyone got any info on how this is done?

DSCF0001.jpg

DSCF0002.jpg

DSCF0003.jpg

petal

I was readign a book and it mentions purifying charas in Northen India and Nepal by heating it in copper pans, Anyone got any info on how this is done?

what book was that ?
sounds interesting

Herbalistic

Herbal relaxation...
Veteran
Yes, it would be very nice to know about those purifying methods :chin: Also, the different storage & curing methods would be awesome to know..

I have various clumps of homemade charas at the moment. I prefer to handle my drysifted powders between my hand to break the upper layer of the resin, so it will store it´s aromas for awhile! Damn, I really would love get me some esy to use hashpress that you can use for making little pressed hash without needing 1 kg of drysift :biglaugh:

I really do think that all the gret charas you can acquire in traditional hashcountries and it´s potency has something to do with curing & storing it :chin: Please try to cure some of that mixed blonde sativa drysift British and compare it into the high of non cured! This would be glarifying experiment! I have been curing some of my chunks for a good while and man I must confess -> they are all some yummy & very potent smoke :yummy:

In fact.. All this charas thinking made me feel to shake my hands on my current Neville´s Haze plants :D

Btw, ^this^ is something I would love to master! Charas making from early to middle flowering plants without harming plants tissues too much!

G

The book is called 'A History of Cannabis' by Martin Booth. All it says is 'purified by heating in small copper pans'.

I totally agree that dry sift that has been stored and allowed to cure can be very different in taste to the fresh sift. I haven't noticed changes in potency, but changes in taste, yes.

As for cheap hash presses, these are available all over the place for a few bucks and work really well for pressing small 0.2-0.5 gram pieces:

grassleaf_pollenpress.jpg

PA240002.jpg

P1010052.jpg

P1010048.jpg

P1010050.jpg

P1010049.jpg

There is a great thread about using a cheap clay extruder as a hash press, I know a couple of folks who bought one and they work very well.

Farmer John

Born to be alive.
Veteran
Well if you heat charas in a pan you get stuff like rosin is, prety simple, done it with moroccan many times...the end product is very much like oil or bubble....

I think I have read somewhere that in Afghanistan/Libanon/Arabia/Persia or WHATEVER, anyhoo, they make oil this way, taking the best stuff and put it in a pan and let it sit in sand ona hot sunny day they have there in the desert and voila oil you get, but dunno for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts