What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Revival of the Ultimate Sativa GROW Thread

mr.f

VEG NUTES FIRST FEW WEEKS OF FLOWER A BAD IDEA.
This is something alot of people picked up a long time ago, BOG helped spread it around, and it truly is a good idea, just not for sativas. When you grow hybrids that initial growth jump first few weeks of flowering where all new budsites is formed is a great time to have the plant flourishing on N to create growth. More budsites and more bud. But with sativas they use that energy to grow REAL TALL thinking they can get their buds up higher than the surrounding canopy and steal light for its seeds. But indoors all they do is grow right into your damn light. I can't tell you how many sativa grows I've followed and watched people do that veg nutes first weeks of flower trick only to find out three weeks later they have to cut all the dominant cola tips off the plants because they are growing into the lights. The people are always optimistic like "well I had to cut the main branches off but at this rate of growth I don't think it will hurt anything".....

he speaks the truth!

SA landrace + 250W HPS/MH

SA landrace + 250W HPS/MH

Currently growing this SA landrace sativa in a small tent under a 250W HPS/MH bulb. I guess the bulb changes from one to the other depending on how much ya screw it into the base? I just shoved 'er in there and gave it a whirl. Go figure.

My last round with this strain was a bit of a disaster for flower yield, the big female plant I had in the corner of my room shed pollen all over everyone else. Still got a bunch of tasty seeds to snack on, and I'm growing a couple of them for grins as well.

Anyway lesson learned, I moved this particular pheno (my "runt" pheno, so affectionately named) to a more cozy locale where she could share her lust with only herself, dirty girl. I also eliminated circulating fans inside the tent, relying in the exhaust and the ambient conditions in that room to keep my loose Lucy happy. She is, after all, my delight!

Being a native midwestern American, I am a bit hard headed though. I have another ~6' Lucy clone in my flower room again. What was the definition of insanity again? HAhahahahahaha :dance013:

Picture attached because I'm not techie

Peace

Last edited:

Kozmo

Veteran
One question at a time: how do you feel or any one feel for that matter, about using LED's with supplemental CFL's?

chilliwilli

Waterboy
hi folks
got my malawi fem(6.6.14 so its recent stock) beans a week ago, put them in water and within 20h all popped.
i put them in soil and about 3d later 3 germinated.
one germinated the next day with a lot of skin on the codyd so they don't open on their one(sprayed everyday).*
one bean stayed on the groundlevel(looked big), had a big crack and the codys u could see turned green(also keeped spraying daily).
the last one wasn't seen any more(dont dig for it)
today i tried to pull of the last bit of skin from nr4 and pulled it out of the ground. the one that stayed on groundlevel was flushed out of the soil

i am sure that i don't use to much force.the second one was pulled out by the force of the waterspray
anyone seen that before?
thx willi

DoomsDay

Where are you locating seed stock of reliable sources? I'm in socal and refuse to hit Harborside clones or asoothingseed as every person I've talked to coming from those places has horror stories or the beans end up complete crap.

OakyJoe

TC Nursery est 2020
Veteran
Bluebadsat: You can use bigger pot´s if you are going to sgrog. Here´s some of my oldies I flowered under 250 W hps in a closet, but with with different training:yes:

Jockhorror
View Image

Early Neville´s Haze training..
View Image

Little later..
View Image

Producing this :woohoo:
View Image

Hazeskunk :D
View Image

View Image

Another young Neville´s Haze..
View Image

Till mature :yummy:
View Image

Some Powerplant veg pic..
View Image

And here´s a 100 % pure sativa hibrid Malahazi (OriginalHaze x Malawigold)
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/gallery/data/500/12845malaheiz_7_.JPG]View Image[/url]

whats the secrets behind that? =)

bluhazy

Lots of great info, thx for sharing everybody! I have 2 destroyers from cannabiogen and 1 c99bx1 vegging in a micro vertical box with 144 watt cfl @ 6500k ( keeping them till end of stretch ) organic recycled sub ,rain water only and occasionaly aact, sst and topfeeding.

picture.php

About 1 cubic foot of soil and 1 cubic foot for vegetation:biggrin: vegging 2 more weeks ( 8 weeks total ) before switching to flo.
Keep you updated.

Peace BH

bluhazy

picture.php

2 destroyer ( cannabiogen ) and a c99bx1 ( mosca ) @ 6 weeks of 11/13, 1 cubic fot of soil and 1 cubic fot for buds

picture.php

picture.php

destroyer

picture.php

destroyer

picture.php

c99bx1

Peace BH

abl12

This thread is amazing, thankyou for this. I plan on growing Sativa's outdoors in 30 gallon pots 23 degrees north of the equater.. Gained a lot of insight from this. I wonder what our local landrace will bloom into with proper grow technique.

abl12

MY favorite sativa soo far mango zamal, carrot mango phenotype, very introspective and trippy high. was not heart racing or scary, the high had no ceiling i could smoke more and more and not get diminishing returns

Thank you to all who contributed to this thread, so much wonderful info in the opening posts. Some people have summer car fever, some have baby fever but I have sativa fever, and this thread doesn't make it any easier!

Latest posts

Latest posts