Revival of the REVIVAL of the ULTIMATE SATIVA THREAD a.k.a R.U.S.T II

Cerebralfluid

Jamaican Pineapple Skunk x Puna Haze very close to done now
Here's a close up shot
C2CFF59B-D909-469A-87F7-1903212A07A1.png

therevverend

Veteran
GREEN MOUNTAIN GRAPE
Rain for next few days rolling in tonight.
So I thought I would take the biggest main arms.
Sept 4!

Awesome! Could have gone another week but it would have been gone in a week after 4 days of rain. Got to love an early September harvest in the north.

My narrow leaf hashplants from the village of Nirang in Himachal Pradesh, India, across the valley from Malana, have surprised me by how early they're flowering. They're adapting very well to my local climate and triggering to flower well before the autumn solstice. Got to be an adaptation to the narrow valley and high altitude they come from. If they don't finish by early November they get buried in snow. Even so it's a much lower latitude from where I'm at, very happy they're all triggering to flower already. They're at varying stages of flowering rather then flowering all at once which I've heard is how it works with these strains.

The earliest one is this Nirang 'asphalt pheno' from Trident Seeds and Indian Landrace Exchange's 2021 selection. I'm not really getting asphalt, at least not in an Afghan hashplant way. To me they smell like sprouted shelled hemp seed, or the way certain 'black' strains or chocolate strains can smell.

View media item 18704135
View media item 18704137
Very excited to have a true sativa finishing this early at 47 degrees N. Even though the flowers are very thin, foxtailed, and leafy they're quite resinous. You can see it on the seeded bracts I hit with pollen. I allowed this plant to become very rootbound and had it in a shaded area for a month. It was so late to sex I wasn't sure if it was female so it spent time exiled with the boys. Very surprised to see it throwing hairs. Big sister got stuck in the ground much earlier because she showed sex earlier. She's over 16 feet tall and fully bushed out. Probably the biggest plant I've grown. These plants started out with wide, Indica type leaves. When they started to bush out in early July they switched to narrow leaves. Shows you cant tell a plant's origins by leaf shape, especially in veg.

View media item 18703531
View media item 18703532
The pictures of the big girl are a week or two old, I need to post some new ones. Besides this variety I've got a few Kali Ram hashplants from Trident Seeds. Most of them will turn black by the time they're done. The guy that bred them is named Kali Ram, Kali means black so he favored his black plants. I don't have one as mature as the early 'asphalt pheno' but they've all switched gears to flowering. They're huge plants, at least if given space and lots of food, but they grow more up then out. My biggest one would be bigger then the giant asphalt except the top got broke. The stems are hollow and very delicate, break very easily. She's still over 16 feet and still putting on height. Here's a look at the tall one. They should have excellent mold resistance, they need to have it because they probably won't be done until late October. I do have an early one that might be done by the end of the month or mid October at the latest. Very hard to judge how fast these will finish.

View media item 18704133
View media item 18704134

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran

vermontman

Awesome! Could have gone another week but it would have been gone in a week after 4 days of rain. Got to love an early September harvest in the north.

My narrow leaf hashplants from the village of Nirang in Himachal Pradesh, India, across the valley from Malana, have surprised me by how early they're flowering. They're adapting very well to my local climate and triggering to flower well before the autumn solstice. Got to be an adaptation to the narrow valley and high altitude they come from. If they don't finish by early November they get buried in snow. Even so it's a much lower latitude from where I'm at, very happy they're all triggering to flower already. They're at varying stages of flowering rather then flowering all at once which I've heard is how it works with these strains.

The earliest one is this Nirang 'asphalt pheno' from Trident Seeds and Indian Landrace Exchange's 2021 selection. I'm not really getting asphalt, at least not in an Afghan hashplant way. To me they smell like sprouted shelled hemp seed, or the way certain 'black' strains or chocolate strains can smell.

View media item 18704135
View media item 18704137
Very excited to have a true sativa finishing this early at 47 degrees N. Even though the flowers are very thin, foxtailed, and leafy they're quite resinous. You can see it on the seeded bracts I hit with pollen. I allowed this plant to become very rootbound and had it in a shaded area for a month. It was so late to sex I wasn't sure if it was female so it spent time exiled with the boys. Very surprised to see it throwing hairs. Big sister got stuck in the ground much earlier because she showed sex earlier. She's over 16 feet tall and fully bushed out. Probably the biggest plant I've grown. These plants started out with wide, Indica type leaves. When they started to bush out in early July they switched to narrow leaves. Shows you cant tell a plant's origins by leaf shape, especially in veg.

View media item 18703531
View media item 18703532
The pictures of the big girl are a week or two old, I need to post some new ones. Besides this variety I've got a few Kali Ram hashplants from Trident Seeds. Most of them will turn black by the time they're done. The guy that bred them is named Kali Ram, Kali means black so he favored his black plants. I don't have one as mature as the early 'asphalt pheno' but they've all switched gears to flowering. They're huge plants, at least if given space and lots of food, but they grow more up then out. My biggest one would be bigger then the giant asphalt except the top got broke. The stems are hollow and very delicate, break very easily. She's still over 16 feet and still putting on height. Here's a look at the tall one. They should have excellent mold resistance, they need to have it because they probably won't be done until late October. I do have an early one that might be done by the end of the month or mid October at the latest. Very hard to judge how fast these will finish.

View media item 18704133
View media item 18704134
Looking terrific there!
You'll be able to select for earlier traits and of course other desired qualities over time. When I started with my Oaxacan it finished by mid Oct now it finishes end of Sept.

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
M

Moving right along, I am curious how your line of Fed HA preform
as you saw in my earlier post they are capable very large buds.
Have you run her before?
Hi VM,

no, it is my first time. I am federation virgin hehehe.

it is quite quick to flowering, nice change from all those thaihazes I grow... it smells great even in veg, some familiar smells common to all those hawaiians I grew before.

cheers.

Latest posts

Latest posts