What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Revival of the REVIVAL of the ULTIMATE SATIVA THREAD a.k.a R.U.S.T II

funkyhorse

Last Mangobiches TLT came down yesterday
The girl from the left had a lot of aphids and was the worst of the bunch but the girl on the right was almost clean
Mangobiche tlt (12).jpeg

Girl 2 on the right above picture
Mangobiche tlt 2.jpeg

This is girl 3 and the most attacked one, full aphids on fan leaves but buds are ok
Mangobiche tlt 3.jpeg

Mangobiches CBG are still going and it is my longest flowering strain this season and ever
This winter is hard but they are all hanging there and quite happy
The greener ones are full of aphids. The purple plants are much better. But buds are free from aphids
For structure comnparison with Mangobiche TLT
Mangobiche cbg (11).jpeg

Girl 2 she is starting to slowly purple
Mangobiche cbg 2 (4).jpeg

Girl 3 she is purpling too
Mangobiche cbg 3 Veg box.jpeg

Girl 5
Mangobiche cbg 5 (3).jpeg

Girl 6
Mangobiche cbg 6 (2).jpeg

Girl 7 green pheno, she is the only one remaining green
Mangobiche cbg 7.jpeg

Gerardbutler79

Veteran
It clearly looks beautiful but I didnt like any of my last year purple sativas, they all finnished in the tumbler and I dont even smoke the hash I made from them
I hope this year is different and I get a better quality assortment and much better quality high of purple sativa weed
hey funkyhorse.. was this the mangobiche you threw away or some other purple sativa?

harvestreaper

Veteran
not sure about this bug resistance thing for me could just as easily be they just prefer some plants to others ive seen it many times on real good plants that makes it a big coincidence or the bugs simply like what we like or instead of a sighn of weakness it could be an indicator for good meds

xet

not sure about this bug resistance thing for me could just as easily be they just prefer some plants to others ive seen it many times on real good plants that makes it a big coincidence or the bugs simply like what we like or instead of a sighn of weakness it could be an indicator for good meds
It''s an indicator of a weak plant with verifiably low BRIX level to be eaten by bugs. Increase the BRIX of the plant and the strength of the plant and it's offspring will also increase.

With all otherwise normal conditions satisfied ... It all boils down to whether 100% of the root surface is being oxygenated, which means your soil is flocculated and not dispersed, the plant receiving at a bare minimum it's 9 essential nutrients, and a rich enough soil on top of those essential nutrients increasing the BRIX level of the plant beyond a certain threshhold for the plant to produce it's own natural insecticides.

I am purely digressing here when I say it is astounding the BRIX connection to naturally produced plant insecticides is so misunderstood. Insecticide is perhaps not the correct name. Eat an unripe fruit and that bitterness is that insecticide. The higher the BRIX level the higher the bitterness during vegetation and the better the fruit in the end. Ask the wine industry.

Inevitably someone may come in here and say a healthy plant sitting in the middle of a desert with nothing to eat will be eaten but that isn't this discussion either.

harvestreaper

Veteran
It''s an indicator of a weak plant with verifiably low BRIX level to be eaten by bugs. Increase the BRIX of the plant and the strength of the plant and it's offspring will also increase.

With all otherwise normal conditions satisfied ... It all boils down to whether 100% of the root surface is being oxygenated, which means your soil is flocculated and not dispersed, the plant receiving at a bare minimum it's 9 essential nutrients, and a rich enough soil on top of those essential nutrients increasing the BRIX level of the plant beyond a certain threshhold for the plant to produce it's own natural insecticides.

I am purely digressing here when I say it is astounding the BRIX connection to naturally produced plant insecticides is so misunderstood. Insecticide is perhaps not the correct name. Eat an unripe fruit and that bitterness is that insecticide. The higher the BRIX level the higher the bitterness during vegetation and the better the fruit in the end. Ask the wine industry.

Inevitably someone may come in here and say a healthy plant sitting in the middle of a desert with nothing to eat will be eaten but that isn't this discussion either.
thankyou for that informative reply very educational i did not know what a brix was or what flocculated meant ,,ha,, what you say makes perfect sence to me specially in pots etc but still not convinced that all there is to it ,,example on very well prepped outdoor plots were all plants super healthy one or two from a large bunch could be hit and of course it could simply mean that particular plant had an issue in the soil that prevented correct pesticide production as you say but im still not sure its not something they simply like as so often its a choice plant they single out ,,,,,thanks again i will look further into brix and the subjects you mention now

xet

thankyou for that informative reply very educational i did not know what a brix was or what flocculated meant ,,ha,, what you say makes perfect sence to me specially in pots etc but still not convinced that all there is to it ,,example on very well prepped outdoor plots were all plants super healthy one or two from a large bunch could be hit and of course it could simply mean that particular plant had an issue in the soil that prevented correct pesticide production as you say but im still not sure its not something they simply like as so often its a choice plant they single out ,,,,,thanks again i will look further into brix and the subjects you mention now
Buy a BRIX meter, they are cheap, and you will see the proof in the numbers

funkyhorse

@Gerardbutler79
Last year I had a few purple sativas:
Cg72 was the only strain where the purple and green phenos smoked similar
Laos I liked green pheno better than purple
Ukhrul was all purple and I didnt like. I have this year a cross with Seedsman Hz and I wonder how it will smoke
Colombian Black Bastard from GGG was very disappointing
Same with Colombian Black. I didnt like the purple nor the green phenos in this strain
I also had a few plants that outdoors grown were purple while indoors they remained green, they were indica/sativa hybrids

@harvestreaper
I am using Icmag as a notebook to take notes. This is my second year growing outdoors, there is no way back indoors ever!! The weed I love is outdoors only. I remember from last year that the plants that finnished well had better resistance than the ones with problems, but this is from memory and it might be biased. So this year I am writing the problems so in the future I can come and check if the ones which finnished without trouble are better or not
I live in a thin strip of land on a river bank which is the only shelter in the area for all wildlife from agrotoxics. 300 mts away from me I have gmo soybean, gmo corn and potato grows. The potato grown here have a lot of aphid problem and they spray plenty of shit. Every time they spray their poisons, the river bank gets full of aphids. Same with all kind of fauna when they spray gliphosate, they all run for their lives to the only shelter in the area. So this is a very high biodiversity environment and I need landrace resistence qualities I dont find in hybrids

For this year the first to strain to be tested this way is the first one, the NH21xMM from Bushweed. Here it was a PM disaster
I had 4 plants, I tried 3 of them so far with 45 days cure. The most attacked with PM is rope, here I call this weed lettuce, same high as lettuce. But the other plants the high is mediocre, very dissapointing at this stage. I doubt this will turn magically with an extra 45 days cure into good quality weed. It is marketed as grail but here in my environment, its not good weed. I dont know if it will have a better high grown somewhere else. It is light weed compared to landraces

Mango Thai is very problematic here, cant grow it. this is the 2019 Purple highland laos batch, surely reproduced in England and not adapted at all to landrace conditions. It recieved same soil and treatment as all the other girls
I dont even want to take the Mango Thai plants out of the greenhouse until the current grow is over
Mango Thai (4).jpeg
Mango Thai (5).jpeg

Next to it like 3 meters away this is Northern Thai 2008 x CG72
I am vaping the inmature buds of the hermie plant of this cross and with a little less time curing, it is much much better than the stuff from Bushweed. I am not complaining, this is not a complain. I am simply surprised because I didnt expect such facts from a lucky homemade cross vs a super hyped seed coming straight from the supposed grail. I think this grail was designed for lat 50N. Bushweed's NH21xMM high has nothing but nothing to do in common with thai or southeast asian weed which is what I was expecting
This is N Thai 2008 x CG72, this one is very long flowering going deep into july and bug free. I need more of this kind of weed
N Thai x cg72 (9).jpeg
N Thai x cg72 (10).jpeg

harvestreaper

Veteran
@Gerardbutler79
Last year I had a few purple sativas:
Cg72 was the only strain where the purple and green phenos smoked similar
Laos I liked green pheno better than purple
Ukhrul was all purple and I didnt like. I have this year a cross with Seedsman Hz and I wonder how it will smoke
Colombian Black Bastard from GGG was very disappointing
Same with Colombian Black. I didnt like the purple nor the green phenos in this strain
I also had a few plants that outdoors grown were purple while indoors they remained green, they were indica/sativa hybrids

@harvestreaper
I am using Icmag as a notebook to take notes. This is my second year growing outdoors, there is no way back indoors ever!! The weed I love is outdoors only. I remember from last year that the plants that finnished well had better resistance than the ones with problems, but this is from memory and it might be biased. So this year I am writing the problems so in the future I can come and check if the ones which finnished without trouble are better or not
I live in a thin strip of land on a river bank which is the only shelter in the area for all wildlife from agrotoxics. 300 mts away from me I have gmo soybean, gmo corn and potato grows. The potato grown here have a lot of aphid problem and they spray plenty of shit. Every time they spray their poisons, the river bank gets full of aphids. Same with all kind of fauna when they spray gliphosate, they all run for their lives to the only shelter in the area. So this is a very high biodiversity environment and I need landrace resistence qualities I dont find in hybrids

For this year the first to strain to be tested this way is the first one, the NH21xMM from Bushweed. Here it was a PM disaster
I had 4 plants, I tried 3 of them so far with 45 days cure. The most attacked with PM is rope, here I call this weed lettuce, same high as lettuce. But the other plants the high is mediocre, very dissapointing at this stage. I doubt this will turn magically with an extra 45 days cure into good quality weed. It is marketed as grail but here in my environment, its not good weed. I dont know if it will have a better high grown somewhere else. It is light weed compared to landraces

Mango Thai is very problematic here, cant grow it. this is the 2019 Purple highland laos batch, surely reproduced in England and not adapted at all to landrace conditions. It recieved same soil and treatment as all the other girls
I dont even want to take the Mango Thai plants out of the greenhouse until the current grow is over
View attachment 18732727 View attachment 18732728
Next to it like 3 meters away this is Northern Thai 2008 x CG72
I am vaping the inmature buds of the hermie plant of this cross and with a little less time curing, it is much much better than the stuff from Bushweed. I am not complaining, this is not a complain. I am simply surprised because I didnt expect such facts from a lucky homemade cross vs a super hyped seed coming straight from the supposed grail. I think this grail was designed for lat 50N. Bushweed's NH21xMM high has nothing but nothing to do in common with thai or southeast asian weed which is what I was expecting
This is N Thai 2008 x CG72, this one is very long flowering going deep into july and bug free. I need more of this kind of weed
View attachment 18732729 View attachment 18732730
bottom line ,,,the only good plants are the plants that grow for you same for all ....,,found thai genes seem weak to pm or maybe i simply didnt meet there soil reqquirements as xet alluded to earloier either way the thai genes took it bad

vermontman

Looking terrific all above!
OAXACAN GOLD original line getting ready for Hawaiian Sativa pollen to produce MOUNTAIN GOLD seed.
ACE SEEDS!

Attachments

• OAXACAN GOLD VEG 017.JPG
    OAXACAN GOLD VEG 017.JPG
    772.9 KB · Views: 73
  • OAXACAN GOLD VEG 028.JPG
    OAXACAN GOLD VEG 028.JPG
    951.5 KB · Views: 63
  • OAXACAN GOLD VEG 033.JPG
    OAXACAN GOLD VEG 033.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 56
  • OAXACAN GOLD VEG 036.JPG