What's new

Revival of the REVIVAL of the ULTIMATE SATIVA THREAD a.k.a R.U.S.T II

herbgreen

Veteran
That's a great save!:D

You can take cuts whenever.... thats true

The alternate node on most plants show early on like 2-3 ft high plant from seed

The plant maturity is really what the alternate node is telling us.

Of course technically you can grow plant 12/12 seed

Its really just a matter of knowing .... you can get rid of the rules anytime but if theres problem...

I would say 12/12 from seed is better than the shock of the flip that what wacks out their circuity

If people wonder why these plants get wonky its often a very very long veg required in that plant before its biologically ready to flower:watchplant:

Like way longer than we think from seed....Thai is like that ....I know a guy grows it all summer under T-5...Then flowers it all winter It takes like a year seed to smoke

Comes out like hay.......Until you cure 6 mons Then its Thai...will be your go to jar:smokeit:

If he tried flipping @ 1ft tall ....forget about it

JohnnyChicago

That cobbed Haze looks very interesting and a bit scary. I always imagine some kind of fungus that is gonna make me sick when I look at the cobbed pot.

That is what I think too, when I see them usually. But if that is the way to get extreme or true sativas sold in shops, why not. Wonder how well it did sell. Need to ask.
Also if they will get tested for mould then from them, the commercial producers.

Almost like a dream for me, being able to buy or sample such kind of stuff in shops without the need of growing them for half a year. Indeed why I do grow and breed. Because true sativas and the best Hazes disapparead from the menus 20-25 years ago.

Thunk f-1 showing signs of being a male. I like the look and will pollinate more thunk and some other stuff with him.

Looking good, reminds me mine a litte. :)

thunk.jpg

Chi13

ICMag Donor
That cobbed Haze looks very interesting and a bit scary. I always imagine some kind of fungus that is gonna make me sick when I look at the cobbed pot.

Proper Malawi cobbing is done by compressing while still slightly wet. Combined with heat it ferments and then is dried and sealed again. Done properly (and I have done this maybe 10 times), it will not have mould or fungus. You can actually eat them and gives a superb effect. Taste is not so good.

The ones posted here just look compressed to me. Vac packed. Fermented cobbs look much darker.

Member here Tangwena is the cobb expert and loves his sativa's, so maybe he will chime in.

funkyhorse

This has been done using nothing else than water spray/mist. It seems there is no need for those rooting hormone products
The Red Raid from Atao genetics had little stress but it is fine on soil and hopefully will keep growing soon. It is the first time I saw actual grow in the cloning machine
Red Raid save (2).jpeg
Red Raid save.jpeg

All my Zamals boys and girls are behaving the same as the MBS x Zamal I grew from Donald Mallard
They are all flowering under 16 hours of light in my veg room. Boys are making balls, pistils and seed and girls are making pistils so far and seed too. This time I took the cuts not flowering so it is clear this is happening
Boys indoors on 11/13 are making seed big time
So, I cannot keep Zamal in veg. If I understand this correctly, it means I can grow it all year around, it will flower in spring and in the middle of summer solstice even in Prague or New York
The only strain I have seen with this property is Leb27.
Wally, did you cross your Zamal girls or boys with another sativa? Boys and girls both give progeny with this property or only males?
Certainly special and different strain. Must be very very long flowering. It showed first pistils 5 weeks before autumm equinox, only 40 days after I sprouted them
Zamal girl , they are over 2 meters now and just a few pistils after 5 weeks they showed sex
Zamal girl 1.jpeg

This is Zamal girl 2. Local fauna has been tasting this one and I hope they get intoxicated otherwise it will be very difficult to grow it here. Blueberry here gets eaten even the stems
I caught this guy running down the stem but he wasnt the guilty one, it was like that for some hours. Somebody was sampling the taste of the stem. Last picture they tasted the leaves of the top shot
Zamal girl 2.jpeg
Zamal girl 2 (3).jpeg
Zamal girl 2 (2).jpeg

They were also having some taste of Purple Highland Lao and a little bit of Ohz. They clearly dont like Ohz. To my surprise they dislike Ancestral Skunk sativa very much.
So far I found I like the strains local fauna dont like, I dont know if it is working like that on every strain. But it seems I like the terpenes they dislike
PHL and OHz
PHL and seedsman hz mm fem 3.jpeg

PHL
PHL (2).jpeg

Have a nice weekend everyone

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
hey sticky ,
i crossed that zamal male to a few things ,
despite its intersexed and weird continual flowering habits ,
i wanted to see what would happen ,
as far as i know with the sour zamal , and double sour zamal ,
there has been no reports of hermies in females ,, males , well folks probably just cull them and i dont get to hear of any probs,
did u get any intersexed issues in mbs x zamal females ?

funkyhorse

hey sticky ,
i crossed that zamal male to a few things ,
despite its intersexed and weird continual flowering habits ,
i wanted to see what would happen ,
as far as i know with the sour zamal , and double sour zamal ,
there has been no reports of hermies in females ,, males , well folks probably just cull them and i dont get to hear of any probs,
did u get any intersexed issues in mbs x zamal females ?

No intersex in the females I had and they had very good resistance to pests
I had 2 girls indoors. One was faster, leaning probably to MBS ready in 10 weeks. The other went 17 weeks and could have gone longer. I am still vaping them
Did you have pure Zamal females?

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
yes the female was without issues , i failed to make any more zamal seed though ,
something i regret , i cant recall why i didnt as there was obviously pollen around to do it with,
perhaps the timing was wrong or something ...
anyhow here is a picture of the female, well i grew about 3 and this is the last and largest one ..

fetch?photoid=17191214.jpg

Mimpi Manis

MrDuck said: "Yes the female was without issues , i failed to make any more zamal seed though ,
something i regret , i cant recall why i didnt as there was obviously pollen around to do it with,
perhaps the timing was wrong or something ...anyhow here is a picture of the female, well i grew
about 3 and this is the last and largest one".

First thing that came to mind was "Holy Mother of God...!" I'd like to meet her sister.

Piff_cat

thanks for posting altho i couldnt see the data even when zoomin my page,, my eyes aint too good lol when i think on it ive only seen the trait 3 or 4 times and all were on sativa hybrids

yea the tests like a screenshot of a screenshot lol. ive noticed that the yellow line there in middle tends to get wider and deeper on the most haze funky phenos and is def a good sign. almost looks like a rhododendron leaf and leathery shiny too. it must be a result of line breeding to haze ancestor. interesting thing about rhododendrons is theyve found cbc and cbt analogues in their leaf scales(underside) rhodos are used a lot in chinese medecine so theres probly a connection genetically if you go back far enough pretty cool. reminds me of nevils description of first haze females leather leaves. here are stone gurus silk haze outlier pheno from the test and the link. he has alot of good threads and interesting selections
https://www.beanbasement.nl/threads...-ocimene-soaring-cbg.15271/page-5#post-412273

Attachments

• photo2123346.png
    photo2123346.png
    528.8 KB · Views: 31
  • photo2123347.png
    photo2123347.png
    511.4 KB · Views: 34

Latest posts

Latest posts