What's new

Reveged G-13xHashplant

Canniwhatsis

High country cat herder
Veteran
Tittle say's it all, this is flower round 2 for this plant, first time around she was bloomed from a rooted clone in a 1 gallon plastic pot, she finished up a bit taller than a foot and gave me around .5 oz:smokeit:

After chopping she had a couple tiny buds left at the bottom, I simply gave her a flush to strip any built up salts and moved the bud covered stump back into my 18/6 MH vege room.:watchplant:

She's had 1 major hair cut in the several months since then while I awaited enough room to flower which resulted in several main tops

She's now in a 3 gallon smart pot filled with FoxFarm Ocean Forest, back under the HPS, and spread out on a screen.

I'm feeding the Techniflora lineup as per the recipe and this section of the screen is under a 400w plantmax bulb. I ran the room for a couple weeks after setting it up to make sure my temps/humidity were in line, and they are. But I have to admit I've been a slack ass and haven't actually been monitoring it since those first few weeks.

12/12 was started on 4-1:tiphat:

Pic 1: You can see the stump from the first grow on the far left of the stem
Pic 2: side profile
Pic 3: Canopy, Yard stick is in just to show the distance from the soil to the screen

Attachments

• IMG_2193.jpg
    IMG_2193.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_2192.jpg
    IMG_2192.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_2197.jpg
    IMG_2197.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 15
I think its safe to say that she'll yield more than half an ounce this time round!

Out of interest, can you remember how long it took her to start revegging? How many rounds do you think you will do with her?

budlover123

That reveg looks like it's going really well, do you think transplanting the plant is key for reveging or was that just to get that plant into a bigger pot? I think what I really want to know is, how long can a reveg plant grow in the same soil? That would be great if you could reveg plants for years and never change the soil.

I love the idea of reveging, another thing to potentially make nuggets easier to grow. :tiphat:

sso

Veteran
i find it best to roottrim revegged plants.
i leave the roots about 10% bigger than the top (accounting for soil)
just use a sharp knife.

this speeds up regeneration by, oh, probably a factor of 3 or more.

plus you dont have to deal with a huge container nor need to be careful with overwatering. and have fresh soil for your plant.

doing this, you can also remove more of the top than usually. even just a stem or bud or 2 left on the plant, though id perhaps leave a bit more, if ya wanted to be 100% of the plants recovery.

you need also to trim the plant topside a few times into revegging. that speeds up revegging too.

Canniwhatsis

High country cat herder
Veteran
i find it best to roottrim revegged plants.
i leave the roots about 10% bigger than the top (accounting for soil)
just use a sharp knife.

this speeds up regeneration by, oh, probably a factor of 3 or more.

plus you dont have to deal with a huge container nor need to be careful with overwatering. and have fresh soil for your plant.

doing this, you can also remove more of the top than usually. even just a stem or bud or 2 left on the plant, though id perhaps leave a bit more, if ya wanted to be 100% of the plants recovery.

you need also to trim the plant topside a few times into revegging. that speeds up revegging too.

+1 I should have root pruned her down to about 1L of root mass after the flush had dried out a bit.

I had left about 1.5" of stem and 3-4 little buds that were about the size of pencil eraser.

I'd say it took about a week to start vegetative growth again, what was left of the flowering growth burned to a crisp and green shoots started coming out of everywhere! Literally green leaves erupted from flower bracts, weird.

For the first few weeks it grew twisted 1-2 leaflet leaves, but then it stabilized and took off like a shot.

As for how many rounds I'm gonna do with this plant,..... Not quite sure. I've got a mother plant of this strain, and a grafted mother,... If I can get a G cutting to take on my grafted mom, I'll run this plant until I can start getting cuttings from the graft! :tiphat:

Canniwhatsis

High country cat herder
Veteran
Week 4 begins, Nothing major to report, just watching flowers grow! :watchplant:

Attachments

• IMG_2251.jpg
    IMG_2251.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_2250.jpg
    IMG_2250.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_2248.jpg
    IMG_2248.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_2247.jpg
    IMG_2247.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 10

basspirate

looks like a great reveg from here...

i read that revegged plants dont grow as well the second time...and that clones from a reveg wont yield as much...

is that even true???? looks like a nice grow!

G

Guest 88950

...i read that revegged plants dont grow as well the second time...and that clones from a reveg wont yield as much...

it may be strain dependent.

ive re-vegged a number of plants and every strain ive done ha s been more branchy once re-vegged, this doesnt transfer to clone.

Canniwhatsis

High country cat herder
Veteran
Is this G13 x Hashplant from Mr. Nice? Nice indeed!

Not sure of the breeder,.... came to my buddy as a clone labeled as G13xHashplant.

How long did it re-veg? (What was her size, roughly, when you threw her back in for round 2?)

Too long,... Had to top the crap out of her once since I was simply running out of room! :eek::

How big when back in? Ummmm,.... good question,... she has several main growth tops, I'd wager they were about 18-20" long from soil to tip...... you can see by the screen (2x3" openings) that at the end of stretch she's pretty much covering 4sq feet. (odd observation here, wondering if any other SCROG growers can confirm. Plants don't seem to stretch as much when trained and training continues early in flower?,.... or am I just not noticing it?)

looks like a great reveg from here...

i read that revegged plants dont grow as well the second time...and that clones from a reveg wont yield as much...

I haven't read that until now!

I have read that a seed will grow faster and yield better than a clone tho,... but I kinda think that's BS too ;)

As for personal experience,... this is my first revege, and plant was actually a clone cut from my buddy's reveged plant!

His story's a long one that I'm gonna leave out, but it involves mites and several bungles trying to kill em, and an epic fail on cloning.

it may be strain dependent.

ive re-vegged a number of plants and every strain ive done ha s been more branchy once re-vegged, this doesnt transfer to clone.

More branchy as in having more new growth tops? or leggy? My poor overworked brain is confused!

More new growth points seems to be the case here! (as it was with my buddy's revege of the mother too.)

Canniwhatsis

High country cat herder
Veteran
I plan to reveg my 5 clones as long as none of them hermi or die!!, How much of the plant would you recommended to keep when reveging?

You still have lighting issues to deal with as far as I know..... worry about reveging after youve flowered 1 plant.

G

Guest 88950

i havent revegged a plant in over 18 mo's so im not sure if i am describing it correctly but it doesnt have more tops but mor branches, side shoiots.

i still consider myself as a new grower even though ive been growing my meds for 4 yrs so take my observation of a re-veg plant for what its worth but i would be interested to hear the take of some more expierenced growers.

im going to re-veg a Mosca C-99 BXI to see if the growth is different and ill post a few pics as she starts to grow.

silver hawaiian

Veteran
(odd observation here, wondering if any other SCROG growers can confirm. Plants don't seem to stretch as much when trained and training continues early in flower?,.... or am I just not noticing it?)

I'm 4 days into flowering, first grow in 10+ years, .. But I've had mine tied down since it rooted (not too much veg - a week? Two?) .. But, so far, I'm already noticing some aggressive branch growth, not too much from the "top."

Canniwhatsis

High country cat herder
Veteran
What I'm asking is,.... I've done a couple grows of the same strains, ISS for instance,....

First grow was SCROG,... I'd say she just under doubled in size as far as how much screen she took up. The yield was awesome! Nearly 4 oz off of about 4sq ft of screen.

2nd grow, topped natural grow,.... bit over tripled in size, yield was just more than 3 oz.

Training and continuing to train stretch during early flower is really the only difference,... would that additional training on the screen really help reduce the size of the plant?

This is going to have to be a side by side sometime in the future for me.

But this thread has me wanting to do a different side by side thread first,.....

Clone vs Revege Who gets to flowering size first, and yields best....... I'ma work on that thought for the next month while this plant finishes off ;)

Canniwhatsis

High country cat herder
Veteran
i would be interested to hear the take of some more expierenced growers.

:laughing:

Hell, I've only been growing Cannabis for just over a year now, so I'm by no means an experienced grower! :eek:: Lots of learning, reading, experimenting, and such has gone on. I'm pretty happy with my grow at this point.

Canniwhatsis

High country cat herder
Veteran
Picture day!

Once again, nothing exciting to post,... keeping to the feeding schedule, and watching flowers grow!:canabis:

Attachments

• IMG_2264.jpg
    IMG_2264.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_2265.jpg
    IMG_2265.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_2263.jpg
    IMG_2263.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 9

Canniwhatsis

High country cat herder
Veteran
I'm starting to think this is why the more advanced growers seldom do logs...... once you've got your shit worked out, there's nothing to discuss! :tiphat:

Just sit back and watch the flowers grow!!!!:canabis:

:tumbleweed:

Latest posts

Latest posts