What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Restrictive Ordinances Popping up all over California!!!

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
To me voting no on this bill is as bad as being a federal narc. It has nothing to do with profit. I am all for profit. I am not for artificially increasing value through the strictest form of regulation which is prohibition. These people that are voting no are scared of capitalism. they like that the pigs bust growers because it keeps prices up. They are lazy ass holes. Why not eliminate risk of prison, drive up quality and drive down price though competition. then grow more to make up for profit. At the same time creating a company that makes good paying fun jobs. legalization is a win win if your not a complete lazy, piece of shit, moron.

S

SeaMaiden

Wow... well, at least the staff of Yuba County works, as in really earning their paychecks. Can't say the same for my county.

I'm voting for all the initiatives. All of them. I agree with Steve Kubby's Statement of Unity and I will do what I can, when and where I can.

gingerale

Veteran
Amen, and I'll go one step further HZ. Legalization is coming and there is no stopping it. Armies cannot stop an idea whose time has come. The day will inevitably come when each and every one of these incompetent fucks, who have achieved their current "market position" solely through stepping on other dudes, selling their souls, bribery and extortion, are exposed one by one as the bit players they truly are.

These bitches are all pissing their pants scared about the idea of a legalized market, because they know there are armies of Sam Waltons, Henry Fords, and Gregor Mendels out there who would jump in and dominate their asses if only it were out in the open and legal. No, better to send millions of people off to prison than to set up a situation where my pitiful ego might be bruised! Fucking pathetic....

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
Prohibitionists blow donkeys..
....But prohibitionist growers give reach-arounds to antelopes
I just dont get how someone can be cool with other people going to prison for years and losing everything often including future prospects and having their children put into "care", so that they themselves can rake it in.
Oh for the day when the struggling farmers can grow the weed and all these "wideboys" have to get jobs

Last edited:

budlover123

...I just dont get how someone can be cool with other people going to prison for years and losing everything often including future prospects, so that they themselves can rake it in...

American wealth is owned by people who view others as garbage and don't give a fuck about anybody except their God damned selves.

The powerful are wealthy as shit, the powerless get poorer everyday and they call taxing the rich class warfare. In reality class warfare has been waged on the middle class since before I was born by the same people and ideas now calling taxing excessive, unfairly gathered wealth class warfare.

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
The powerful are wealthy as shit, the powerless get poorer everyday and they call taxing the rich class warfare.

If the people who think tax is class warfare ever witnessed class warfare,. they would wither and die on the spot.

During the peasants revolt in france, the people of one village, sacked the manor house, killed the knight, passed his wife and daughters around and violated them, then they roasted the knight on a spit in front of the lady, and forced her to eat his flesh before killing her.
THAT is class warfare

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
taxation with representation is not class warfare. the take over of our democracy by the corporate owned plutocrats controlled by their gods "the federal reserve banks" is very specific class war fare. The want the top 1 % to have 99 % of the wealth and turn every one else into feudal surfs. they are anti capitalism and they don't even know it. that is the sad part.

MrBlue2

There is a board meeting in yuba county on 4/17/12 during which they will be discussing a proposed ordinance. If you live in or near yuba county you should show up and let your opinion be know.

here is the link to the proposed ordinance. its not a word document i think its scanned in so i cant copy and paste it. if you dont want to click on the this link there is also a link on the canorml website in the local guidelines section, and im sure you could also find the full version though google.

http://richmedia.onset.freedom.com/marysville/m05cax-yubapot.pdf

here is a summery copied from the yuba county growers association website.

Proposed Ordinance
OUTDOOR GROWING

1. For parcels LESS THEN ONE ACRE in size a single defined area of cultivation that does not exceed 100 square feet (10x10) with a 6 plant max cap.
2. For parcels at least ONE ACRE in size but not greater then 20 acres cultivation area not to exceed 250 square feet with a 12 plant max cap.
3. For parcels larger then 20 acres in size a cultivation area of 500 square feet with a 25 plant max cap.
Outdoor gardens shall not be in public view, and shall be surrounded by a fence, and shall not be accessible to minors.
All outdoor cultivation shall not be located on parcels in a manner that increases the potential to create a public nuisance, and shall reduce the potential by:
1. Locating the area of cultivation as close as possible to the cultivator's residence for security purposes.
2. Locating the area of cultivation no greater then 20 feet from the cultivator's residence on parcels less then one acre in size.
3. Locating the area of cultivation as far away as possible from neighboring residences.
Outdoor cultivation of marijuana shall not be located with in:
1. 10 feet of the property line and with in 300 feet of a school, school bus stop, park, or youth-oriented facility on parcels with outdoor cultivation on 100 or less square feet.
2. 50 feet of the property line and within 600 feet of a school, school bus stop, park, or youth-oriented facility on parcels with outdoor cultivation on more then 100 sq. feet but no more then 250 sq. feet.
3. 100 feet of the property line and with in one 1000 feet of a school, school bus stop, park, our youth-oriented facility on parcels with outdoor cultivation on more then 250 sq. feet but no more then 500 sq. feet.
The distances specified in this section shall be the horizontal distance measured in a straight line to the closest area in which the medical marijuana is cultivated.

Fencing:
Outdoor gardens shall be fully surrounded by a fence at least 6 feet tall but not greater then 8 feet in height with a locking gate and conform to the following:
A. fences over 6 feet in height will require proof of an approved building permit, and
B. Marijuana plants shall not be higher then the fence, and
C. The fence and gate mush be adequately secure to prevent unauthorized entry and keep the area out of reach of minors.
D. Bushes or hedgerows shall not constitute an adequate fence.

INDOOR GROWING

Indoor cultivation of marijuana shall not be in public view, shall not be accessible to minors, and shall not violate the County's Building and Zoning Ordinances by conforming to one of the following:
A. indoor cultivation of marijuana in an accessory structure that is greater then 120 square foot in size, and has received and approved building permit from Yuba County.
B. indoor cultivation of marijuana in an accessory structure that is 120 square foot of less in size, and all of the following are met:
1. The structure is not located within the front yard setback, is setback from the property line a didtance consistent with the zoning the parcel is located within, and in no case located within 5 feet of a property line and
2. The structure is one story in height, and
3. The structure has a roof, floor, and walls constructed of solid materials such as 3/8" or thicker plywood, glass, or equivalent materials, and
4. The structure obtains a building permit for any plumbing, mechanical or electrical equipment.
C. indoor cultivation of marijuana within the the habitable portion of a residence, and all of the following are met:
1. The dwelling is occupied by the qualified patient or primary care giver, and
2. The lighting used for cultivation does not exceed 1200 watts, and
3. No gas products (CO2, butane, etc.) are used and
4. The cultivation is not located with in the kitchen and
5. the dwelling maintains at least one operable bathroom, and
6. The defined area of cultivation is not more then 50 square feet.
No portion of any structure shall be altered unless a building permit has first been obtained, and under no circumstances shall any alterations create a frie-life-safty hazard.

if you are not OK with this, show up on the 17th and let them know. Bring people with you. We are shooting for 2000+ people to attend this BOS meeting. VERY IMPORTANT

YUBA COUNTY PROPOSED ORDINANCE

unfortunately it got voted in with a 4 to 1 vote. i think it goes into effect may 1st. :wallbash:

S

SeaMaiden

Of course it did. Were patients there to represent themselves at all? IIRC, 20 days after being passed is when a zoning ordinance goes into effect according to state law, but don't hold me to that. It doesn't really matter at this point anyway.

zbenjii

a lot of people have their fun times with marijuana and still think it should be illegal. some people regret spending all that time being high and truly believe the population is more healthy and productive without it.

Most people go through a marijuana phase. Most people do not stay in this marijuana phase. I estimate only 20% of the people that try weed actually become long-term smokers.

Lets be honest, the legalization of marijuana has little to do with terminally-ill patients and has more to do with people wanting to get high without worrying about getting arrested. Although marijuana users tend to be non violent, we have little knowledge of what negative long-term effects marijuana smoking has.

My personal opinion is that marijuana definitely has negative effects. I believe marijuana is an anti-social drug. I believe marijuana users are more prone to depression. I also believe that marijuana kills motivation.

I think many marijuana smokers realize these issues and decide that marijuana should be illegal. I also think that marijuana smokers that believe this are scared to come forward. The negative affects of marijuana use will prevent marijuana from becoming legal.

S

SeaMaiden

I appreciate your thoughts and opinions. Mine differ from yours with the exception of the legalization issue--yes, of course people want to be able to get high without being arrested or harassed. Just as people want to be able to consume alcohol and tobacco without being harassed or arrested.

We are gaining much knowledge of long term use, many, many old stoners are nearing the end of their lives.

I'm not sure why you think cannabis is an anti-social drug, in my experience it is not only the exact opposite, it is far less problematic than alcohol. People who are high have a much easier time socializing properly (i.e. without fighting) than drunks.

I know too many people who use cannabis to alleviate depression to really know how to make a good answer to the statement that cannabis users are more prone to depression. There is also the issue of those with depression disorders being SO much more prone to self-medication, especially if they're experiencing the stigma associated with mental illness (making them prone to not seek help), or have used the typical suite of anti-depression drugs and they make them feel unwell, or worse. Cannabis is a suitable alternative for those I know who require anti-depressants but need something to help them function normally.

Killing motivation--first thing that comes to my mind is a roomful of 20-something-yo guys blazed out of their skulls, practically drooling. Funny thing is, I rarely encounter that anymore. Of course, could be due to the company I keep, which is extremely busy, motivated company indeed. In fact, the reason why I consume as much as I do is specifically so that I can (physically) accomplish all that I wish/need to in a day.

Ultimately, in my opinion, the negative effects of cannabis will prove insufficient on their own to keep cannabis illegal. I believe it's the dogmatic beliefs surrounding its use and users that have gone much, much further toward that end than the perceived negative effects.

Crusader Rabbit

Veteran
I also think that marijuana smokers that believe this are scared to come forward. The negative affects of marijuana use will prevent marijuana from becoming legal.

Actually, the negative consequences for a person to come out and say that they believe marijuana use has been harmful to them, are pretty minor. I think they'd be more fearful of the consequences of outing themselves as a former user.

I think the public image of cannabis suffers because the public sees those who make themselves visible by being fuck-ups. The vast majority of users who lead healthy productive lives have learned to hide their use to avoid prejudgement and discrimination, if not outright persecution. This world is chock full of highly motivated people who contribute a great deal to society, and also happen to hide a cannabis secret.

budlover123

...My personal opinion is that marijuana definitely has negative effects. I believe marijuana is an anti-social drug. I believe marijuana users are more prone to depression. I also believe that marijuana kills motivation...
I think the drug has nothing to do with the anti social effects, or at least not even a 1/16th as much as the fact that if you step outside on your porch while smoking a bowl someone might call the cops on you. The legality is the reason that people are forced to limit social interaction.

It's just like the whole made up gateway drug argument. Kids see their parents drink beer, they know it's ok when they are old enough, but they are told by their parents and in school that marijuana is really bad and they should stay away from it.

Armed with that misinformation, if a kid tries both alcohol and marijuana, there is a high possibility that he will prefer marijuana, and since to this poor kid alcohol, the accepted, legal drug, is much more potent and hang over inducing than marijuana, he might just try those other bad drugs. It's all a lie, stop spreading lies.

Latest posts

Latest posts