What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Rest in Peace Queen Elizabeth II

rolandomota

Veteran
The title says it all I felt a bit sad today I am sorry for your loss great Britain 🇬🇧😢 Rest in Peace Queen Elizabeth II
queen-elizabeth-ii-gettyimages-904669426.jpg
from Wikipedia free encyclopedia....Elizabeth II (Elizabeth Alexandra Mary; 21 April 1926 – 8 September 2022) was Queen of the United Kingdom from 6 February 1952 until her death in 2022.[a] Her reign of 70 years and 214 days was the longest of any British monarch and the second-longest recorded of any monarch of a sovereign country. At the time of her death, Elizabeth was queen of 14 other Commonwealth realms in addition to the UK.
Elizabeth was born in Mayfair, London, as the first child of the Duke and Duchess of York (later King George VI and Queen Elizabeth). Her father acceded to the throne in 1936 upon the abdication of his brother, King Edward VIII, making Elizabeth the heir presumptive.

She was educated privately at home and began to undertake public duties during the Second World War, serving in the Auxiliary Territorial Service. In November 1947, she married Philip Mountbatten, a former prince of Greece and Denmark, and their marriage lasted 73 years until his death in April 2021.
They had four children together: Charles III; Anne, Princess Royal; Prince Andrew, Duke of York; and Prince Edward, Earl of Wessex.

When her father died in February 1952, Elizabeth—then 25 years old—became queen regnant of seven independent Commonwealth countries: the United Kingdom, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Pakistan, and Ceylon (known today as Sri Lanka), as well as Head of the Commonwealth.

Elizabeth reigned as a constitutional monarch through major political changes such as the Troubles in Northern Ireland, devolution in the United Kingdom, the decolonisation of Africa, and the United Kingdom's accession to the European Communities and withdrawal from the European Union. The number of her realms varied over time as territories have gained independence and some realms have become republics. Her many historic visits and meetings include state visits to China in 1986, Russia in 1994, the Republic of Ireland in 2011, and visits with five Popes.

Significant events include Elizabeth's coronation in 1953 and the celebrations of her Silver, Golden, Diamond, and Platinum Jubilees in 1977, 2002, 2012, and 2022, respectively.

Elizabeth was the longest-lived and longest-reigning British monarch, and the second-longest verifiable reigning sovereign monarch in world history, only behind Louis XIV of France.

She faced occasional republican sentiment and media criticism of her family, particularly after the breakdowns of her children's marriages, her annus horribilis in 1992, and the death of her former daughter-in-law Diana, Princess of Wales, in 1997. However, support for the monarchy in the United Kingdom remained consistently high, as did her personal popularity.

Elizabeth died on 8 September 2022 at Balmoral Castle, Aberdeenshire. She was succeeded by her eldest son, Charles III.[1]

Last edited:

VenerableHippie

Good riddance!
ALL royalty thinks they are better than us and think they own us, they are all slave traders and should all be hung.
Gee you sound CRANKY today Mr Nuggets.

Actually I 'm pissed because our international channel SBS is saturating us on two channels with Royalty stuff and 24 NewsBreakfast is having a subdued conniption (or a conniption in subdued ABC tones) and I wanted the usual blood and guts news. Even Al Jazeera is doing royalty!

I feel quite put out if I have to go on my morning walk without knowing what our wonderful blessed government is doing today. (Ha Ha as if it matters ...)

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
We have a saying in my homeland, something that could be translated as "you should only talk the good things about dead ones."
I mean you don't have to like her, but she's dead, so no need to be "mean" anymore!
RIP!

can'tfindmyway

Too old Senior Member
I'm not a monarchist, but it must be admitted that she was a great figure.
I have contested it many times especially with regard to the Diana issue.
but of all the heads of state she was the wisest and most balanced ....RIP
the queen is dead.... long live the king

Last edited:

piramidon

recidivist icmag - OUT-ist convins - microgrower
Veteran
I've had the privilege to live and work in UK under Her Majesty' reign. :tiphat:
Now, I lived and worked in quite a few countries of some continents but the most profitable "financial campaign" money/time unit wise, was the British one. Monarchy must be done something well.
I will always be fond of Her memory, rest in peace Your Majesty.

That was my personal experience, until Brexit. Then I leaved UK like the legendary rats of the sinking ship.
I'm not complaining, just saying that my life would'n't be the same without all the good and bad that brings and definetely would not be the same without my life in Great Britain under Her rule and all the things I lived and learned there.
When you go about and experience all kinds of social environments you start to have a sense of anthropological proportion and really appreciate the stability in some of those, risk of paradox included.
Whoever feels restless about it should go out and feel the quality of life under african or arabian royalty, human rights under some federal corrupted government or/and it's clerks, maybe some form of "democracy" in a narco state, a bit of tribal rule/justice could be an interesting learning experience and why not, even the mainheim of stone age (lack of) rules.
Maybe they'll be better of in a "european" country torn by conflict with a self(ie) entitled cocaine fueled actor/president, forcing men to die for "their country" just because he wanted new toys while his wife conducting intricate orgy parties.

Mudballs2.0

Goodbye ma'am, much respect to a woman at such a young age to vocally commit to an entire life of public service...you can still find the video where she swears the oath at her coronation...in 1953!! The gravity of that moment, wow.
Im from the USA and hate politics but that chic was awesome and deserves her 1 minute of silence...bow ur heads dammit.

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
RIP

Tucker Carlson: This is why they are attacking Queen Elizabeth II

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The monarch was out in the hills near her Scottish castle at Balmoral when two U.S. tourists on a walking holiday approached and one of them engaged her in conversation, said former royal protection officer Richard Griffin, known as Dick.

The hiker asked the queen where she lived, so she said London, adding that she had a holiday home just over the hill and had been visiting the area for more than 80 years since she as a little girl. She did not say she was referring to Balmoral.

Aware that the castle was in the vicinity, the hiker then asked her if she had ever met the queen, Griffin said.

"Quick as a flash she said: 'I haven't, but Dick here meets her regularly'," Griffin recounted on Sky News during celebrations of Elizabeth's 70 years on the throne earlier this year.

The hiker than asked Griffin what the monarch was like in person.

"Because I was with her a long time and I knew I could pull her leg (tease her), I said 'oh, she can be very cantankerous at times, but she's got a lovely sense of humour'," Griffin said.

Delighted, the hiker then put his arm around Griffin's shoulder and asked if he could have a picture of the two of them together.

"Before I could see what was happening, he gets his camera and gives it to the queen and says 'can you take a picture of us?'"

The queen obliged, and then Griffin took the camera and took a picture of her with the pair of hikers.

Later, Griffin said, the queen told him: "I'd love to be a fly on the wall when he shows those photographs to friends in America and hopefully someone tells him who I am."

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ben Shapiro on the Queen's passing and what Great Britain/The British Empire has brought to the world.

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
It's pretty obvious that none of you are from the UK, otherwise you wouldn't be full of such sanctimonious bull shit. The vast majority of us are glad she's gone and would like to see the reset of them gone also.

They are a bunch of parasites.

Have you ever wondered how they got to own most of the planet?

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Yeah, I am not from UK and I was surprised to see the amount of people "really" not liking her. I get it's mostly because of history, but do they really own or decide much nowdays? Or just kept there for the show? And if that's the case, why hate her so much, and why is all this coming out now after her death? would you quit this sweet deal if you were her or her throne guaranteed offspring? Was her decision to play along the royal narrative that people hate about it (versus quitting it)?
Since I am not from there, and not have an informed opinion, I can just listen to what you guys think.
That being said, I am sure there are more shitty people out there to actively hate than an old lady who just died.

Latest posts

Latest posts