What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Resin Quality Of Pollinated VS Unpollinated Buds. Is There Any Difference?

RulaTone

Veteran
Sorry pineolene and Sam if i come in in your discussion
With all the respect because i'm so far from being a graduated scientist, i am more like a humble farmer...but may I do a mere linguistical overview?
Robert said RATIO is stable Seeded vs Unseded, meaning that balance between different cannabinoids is the same between the two samples.
So, for example if Unseeded bud contains pure hipotetical 100thc and 20cbd (RATIO is 5 to 1) and Sedeed may contain 50thc and 10cbd. So the Total Cannabinoid rate is higher in Unseeded, but the Ratio still the same.
Or did Robert said that Sedeed Ganja will perform even the same Total Cannabinoid rate?
Clear this up please.

mad librettist

Veteran
mad librettist, although there is no evidence of the resin against bugs or the resin keeping in water, or protecting from heating and DNA damage through UV, or that the smell attracts certain animals and some animals don't break down the shell. We have no proof, only theory behind that proof. In the same way I have no proof that actual electrons are passing through my computer, I have enough knowledge to only assume I hold proof. The proof itself is only a theory, but theories are truer than laws, because a law in a human is absolute, while reality isn't. It's only a simple way to say we're only humans, let's make an assumption yet again on something and progress on the horizon of the unknown or the known, rather than stuck in paralysis of thought.

what I said was that we have evidence of an animal attracted to and working as an agent of cannabis: homo sapiens. Perhaps I made the point too subtly. It's hard to deny my point, on a forum about growing weed.

Ai Ze

what I said was that we have evidence of an animal attracted to and working as an agent of cannabis: homo sapiens. Perhaps I made the point too subtly. It's hard to deny my point, on a forum about growing weed.

your view is too narrow :)

useful animals, are also "called" with terpens as a passive self defense mechanism

devilgoob

Veteran
well, yes cannabis has been domesticated, and us liking it for it's high and taste is an important thing because us humans breed for said purposes, but it boils down to the plant having intelligence and we don't have a conclusive answer, yet a very definitive one it seems in the human mind: the resin and everything is there for the plant's survival, that may even transcend it's only physicality, much like I can choose to die, yet my DNA tells me don't.

The cannabis plant is very interconnected to the cosmic consciousness, and we have a key in our hands for civilization, I believe.

C

Chamba

but it boils down to the plant having intelligence

"intelligence"?

hmmmmmm.........I don't think so....what's next? plants have a soul? lol

Plants have an "energy", perhaps and have evolved to survive in the environment, for sure, but "intelligence", no way, unless you have another special meaning for that word.

The cannabis plant is very interconnected to the cosmic consciousness, and we have a key in our hands for civilization, I believe.

if the ganja plant is such, then so is everything else in this world is equally interconnected to the comic unconsciousness, errrrr, I mean the cosmic consciousness, including you and especially me, lol.

anyway, back to resin

Ai Ze

i share my views with devilgoob

plants give out informations via terpens like state of pollination, state of health (attacked or not), state of population, state of surrounding organisms and many many more

plants do have intelligence and a soul

deifinition if intelligence: the ability to learn or understand or to deal with new or trying situations

and her soul will become visible with help of kirlian photography

all in all it is a living organism, and all have a soul ... even slugs or ticks or mites

no resin without soul and intelligence

devilgoob

Veteran
you don't get that DNA is a physical intelligence, when a plant is cut open, it reacts and protects itself.

If plants do not have intelligence, we don't. Get it? You think because you are human, you have a special way of thinking.

Your DNA holds the information to build a brain with grey matter, etc. The DNA is smart, not your "mind."

Plants don't have souls? Ok, human, explain to me, what a soul is? Is it magic attached to our physical being, or just a manifestation of a collective physical intelligence anyway?

You cannot separate a soul, from a body. You believe in ghosts in the shell, yet magic does not exist.

Matter is an interconnected matrix of interaction. Time does not happen without interaction, nor does anything or consciousness. Time began at a singularity where everything was symmetrically equal, we all came from one thing, because we did not come from an infinite amount of things. Physics breaks down at the singularity and nothing we know, may be true about it.

You're talking about intelligence, but with a test, thought, observed actions, or otherwise, you'd be making an assumption, that I am intelligent.

I have punched a door, which is not intelligent.

I hold wisdom, yet am not wise.

So, do you hold intelligence, for being able to negate your own nature, or do plants hold it because they're not stupid and protect themselves when they need it and don't self-harm.

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
Don't know what to say.
Do rocks and dust have intelligence? Water? DNA?
I see zero proof of this.
I find most people that believe in God, souls, or intelligent plants have a deep need to believe that there is a plan, with God overseeing us all. I have zero need for this and have zero faith in anything I can not see or prove is real.
I understand the need for a God in most people that are, in my mind weak and needy, but I have no need for any of it at all.
It is like reincarnation, the ego just refuses to believe the world could exist without it, but come on, nothing is forever, wise up.
I don't mention my personal beliefs much as it just causes problems, but I don't like it when people insist there are Gods, souls, or any other such nonsense, even if I understand their need for it. Maybe it should be kept private, like my lack of faith?
I guess if you can't prove something exists, don't act like it does, maybe try and prove it does, but maybe give all us that have no faith a break.
-SamS

Sundance

Don't know what to say.
Do rocks and dust have intelligence? Water? DNA?
I see zero proof of this.
I find most people that believe in God, souls, or intelligent plants have a deep need to believe that there is a plan, with God overseeing us all. I have zero need for this and have zero faith in anything I can not see or prove is real.
I understand the need for a God in most people that are, in my mind weak and needy, but I have no need for any of it at all.
It is like reincarnation, the ego just refuses to believe the world could exist without it, but come on, nothing is forever, wise up.
I don't mention my personal beliefs much as it just causes problems, but I don't like it when people insist there are Gods, souls, or any other such nonsense, even if I understand their need for it. Maybe it should be kept private, like my lack of faith?
I guess if you can't prove something exists, don't act like it does, maybe try and prove it does, but maybe give all us that have no faith a break.
-SamS

Sheesh

You should keep your feelings on this private

Science and understanding have come a long, long, long way thru life ... and there is a long, long long way to go ... to discover ... study ... and understand

To deny the possibility because science has not caught up ... or is not advanced enough - is foolish

We dont know a lot about a lot of things - slowly we are learning

Some say we know more scientifically about our universe - than we know about our seas ... additionally, science estimates that there are still some 10,000,000 undiscovered species on our planet

I know your quite competent in what you to - but I doubt you have spent much time studying for science sake the nuance and history of religion(s) ... death or dying

You speak like you know all - when you dont know shit

With all due respect ... and I respect what you do

Best to keep this stuff to yourself

Sundance

devilgoob

Veteran
I don't know what to say either, since I never said god, and explained human intelligence, can be explained as "not intelligent."

I first make the assumption intelligence is knowledge, and that knowledge is physically captured and imprinted onto matter, like a brain. Then I make the assumption, humans and plants have done this.

There is no dude in the sky, I don't have to explain my existence with something that stupid.

You explained your religious views in a resin thread, I explained intelligence in plants, but let's not bring "god" or whatever anyone wants to call that, into the picture like you think I did.

Sundance

Oh heck

I am sorry Sam ... and everyone

I didnt mean to be rough

In an attempt to get this conversation back on track

I think some of what you guys are talking about is

Nature vs Nurture

Plants
DNA
Rocks
Dust
People

Does a plant have intelligence ??? ... dont know .. but both nature .. and nurture - or lack of nurture - are certainly part of its life

Is there a plan - dont know the answer to that one either ... but nature and nurture certainly play its part in everything

The rest - I dont know ... I would like too ... I am sure there are some great minds doing some very interesting studies

Like everyone here - I am trying to understand ... and make sense of it all

All the best

Sundance

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
while this could potentially be a fascinating subject, it's my duty to remind everyone that ic mag policy doesn't allow religious discussions in open forum.

SuperConductor

Veteran
Best to keep this stuff to yourself

Maybe I read Sam's post wrong but I thought that was his point. It confuses me that it seems to be ok for people to express their faith but not for people to express their lack thereof.

I +repped your post accidentally btw, it's too close to the quote button.

Sundance

Maybe I read Sam's post wrong but I thought that was his point. It confuses me that it seems to be ok for people to express their faith but not for people to express their lack thereof.

I +repped your post accidentally btw, it's too close to the quote button.

Truthfully, I could care less what other people think or do - as long as it does not effect me, or hurt others

Sam is a big boy - he is entitled to believe what he wants ... and say what he wants too !

As for the rest - carefully read Sam's post again ... he did more than state " his personal beliefs "

Life is about living ... learning ... growing ... being better people

Lets turn this conversation back to nature & nurture ... Ai ze's post and link are quite interesting too

* As for the accidental rep of my post - its a non event ... if you got something more to say - say it

Sundance

GreenintheThumb

fuck the ticket, bought the ride
Veteran
From Robert, the guy who runs Full Spectrum Lab in Colorado, is an actual scientist with an actual post graduate degree in this field and actually runs a lab.

Don't put that guy on a pedestal Matt. If you dig you'll see what I mean. Most of us cannanerds have had very sour interactions with the guy and his academic career has been...questionable. Just because you put something on a facebook profile doesn't make it true. If you had heard some of us pressing him on terpene research you would never have made this post.

cannabinoid ratio is stable male vs female.

I know exactly where he said this and I was surprised no one in the group pressed him on it. It just makes ZERO sense. How many males did he test? The cannabinoid ratio isn't even the same between full sib females in a line. Why would it be "stable" between males and females?

We see about 1/10 the cannabinoid content in males vs non seeded females. Still see same base cannabinoid ratios...high thc, 50/50 thc/cbd....ect

Maybe he means stable as in everything is high THC and low CBD but that isn't saying much to me...