What's new

Reservation Labs G.S Cookies

Cartel530

Veteran
He coulda just named it something else and not claim it to be the real cut. Maybe it wasnt his intentions but you have to think of whats going to happen after the seed is popped and labeled as GS Cookies.. Clones will be cut and passed and cut and passed and cut and passed all along going by the name GS cookies. Eventually the story of getting a BX will be left out and it will be bought in anticipation of having the real deal and if they arent memebers of the ICMAG will have no idea that arent getting it and base their opinions off that which as UP said waters down the name horribly. Hype doesn't die on a hard to find cut that is consistantly testing in the 25%+ range of thc.

also correct me if im wrong.. If finding a female that resembles the final product is extremely hard then wouldnt a male be even harder to find? The structure and the leaves carry across but the final product could be the farthest from the true cookie. So if you grew beans out and happened to find one that had the same growth pattern and based your male off that (which could be FAR from what you were actually looking for) and then bred him back into the clone wouldnt you be locking in more of the fathers DNA? which in that case would be taking you even farther from what you started with? I didnt think back crossing a polyhybrid would lead to homogenous line.. Wouldnt this take a few generations and make them a GSC IBL? But that would also require two stable parents?

This strain was a gift to us it wasn't created and it probably wont ever be truly recreated in a seed form. Either you can get her or you can't.

huligun

Professor Organic Psychology
Veteran
I have just been able to go to the dispensaries for a week now and finding all kinds of names in them. What a deal eh?

Well, I bought some of the following
1. Maui Wowie (Not real)
2. Jack Cleaner (I have my doubts)
3. Northern Lights (Not what I smoked years ago)
4. Super Blue Dreams (Another copy)
5. Super Silver Haze (Not great)

As time goes by I will just become jaded. People can call anything they want anything the like. There is no penalty for lying.

I am sure this seed created for GSC is good stuff... but it maybe should be called something else.

I love Blue Dream but the Super Blue Dream I smoked last night had no effect close to the normal BD I have been buying for a few months. It was super strong, super pretty, super frosty and compact. Nice Compact Buds that are ultra Frosty, but I didn't get my Blue Dream high. I am not disappointed in the quality of the smoke, but a little pissed off that I didn't get the kind of high I paid for.

The name game is nothing new in the weed world. People have been doing it since the beginning. However, with all the choices we have now we are getting educated. If people are making fakes of Jacks Cleaner, something that can be easily had by seed, what are the chances of getting an elite bay area clone outside of the bay? Hell, I cannot even get Trainwreck up here, a 30 year old clone.

Although I do not care for Prophet's way of doing business, I have to agree that there needs to be more integrity in the name game. A man is only as good as his word, it is his bond.

whiteberrieS

brains1ck
Veteran
It's a backcross to the Thin Mint cut. The male used is unknown but was probably a Durban or an OG. The whole story is in Reservation Labs forum in the private breeders section. Page 312, post #4669 in the Reservation Labs gear grow thread.
Res Labs is a very good and respected breeder out of Mendo. He's a little under the radar but his drops crash servers and sell out on ICMag in minutes, except for some really long hazes which sit for a few days.

Peace,
KF

I vote they name it something other than GSC if it's a new F1...that'd cut the drama around this thread to a minimum. GSC if it's been BX'd 10 times with 92% GSC in the lineage but it sounds like a unknown cookie...call that shit Chips Ahoy.

And as for GSC not being medicinal....preposterous.

edit: None of this was directed at you KarmicFarmer, you were just the one to point out an unknown male is used, that, of course, raises some questions.

Bryote ugly

It's not an F1, RL was gifted the cut as GSC by L-O-U, the man who as far as he knows made the strain, that's what the gentleman told RL and he has known him for years, no reason not to believe him. When RL tried to S1 one them he could not get them to accept the pollen(doesn't make him any less of a breeder, Matt Riot, OJD at Connossieur, CannaVenture all had the same exact issue, well documented btw) at that point L-O-U gave him beans from within the line as he had already been working it, RL grew them out and found a suitable male, which wasn't as impossible as it sounds because the line was already worked and hit that back to the cut.... The progeny carries a minty smell on a stem rub so i would say thats a good indication the traits carried over... There was no need for him to call it anything else as it was gifted to him as GSC by the man he believes(whether you do or not)created the strain.. if you gifted someone a strain, and gave them your blessing to work it and sell it, how would you feel if he changed the name because other cuts popped up? UP your cut looks amazing, no denying it, I would love a chance to grow it out, but it's not realistic... I believe RL when he tells me it is GSC and I have the opportunity to grow it out, which I will, gladly.... UP is the cut you have the thin mint cut?? like I sais I've heard of two cuts, the other being purple, which yours looks like from the pic, but I don't know.. I am curious though.... As far as medicinal value I can't speak I've never smoked it so can't formulate an opinion... RL gave his opinion, and he is entitled to it, there is other strains he likes better... HE LIKES BETTER... I am a Chem man myself, can't get enough of it... to me top shelf meds.. others wouldn't give it a second look on the dispensary shelf... that's why there are soooo many strains, everyone's ailments are soothed by something else right??? Peace all

Bryote

Bryote ugly

as far as this strain being a gift to us and not being created.... it came from a seed... the seed came from a mother and a father donor (or a mother and a reversed fem donor).... every strain in existence was created... every elite "clone only" was once a seed.... they might not give out the ingredients but trust and believe somebody somewhere knows the recipe

jm420

Veteran
pretty sure RL dosnt know LOU i think it was posted,
RL puts out top shelf gear.so get that straight
Dont fuck up a good thread with the BS

Just let the grow show whats comming.
alot of peeps are watching for the outcome, not the drama

whiteberrieS

brains1ck
Veteran
It's not an F1, RL was gifted the cut as GSC by L-O-U, the man who as far as he knows made the strain, that's what the gentleman told RL and he has known him for years, no reason not to believe him. When RL tried to S1 one them he could not get them to accept the pollen(doesn't make him any less of a breeder, Matt Riot, OJD at Connossieur, CannaVenture all had the same exact issue, well documented btw) at that point L-O-U gave him beans from within the line as he had already been working it, RL grew them out and found a suitable male, which wasn't as impossible as it sounds because the line was already worked and hit that back to the cut.... The progeny carries a minty smell on a stem rub so i would say thats a good indication the traits carried over... There was no need for him to call it anything else as it was gifted to him as GSC by the man he believes(whether you do or not)created the strain.. if you gifted someone a strain, and gave them your blessing to work it and sell it, how would you feel if he changed the name because other cuts popped up? UP your cut looks amazing, no denying it, I would love a chance to grow it out, but it's not realistic... I believe RL when he tells me it is GSC and I have the opportunity to grow it out, which I will, gladly.... UP is the cut you have the thin mint cut?? like I sais I've heard of two cuts, the other being purple, which yours looks like from the pic, but I don't know.. I am curious though.... As far as medicinal value I can't speak I've never smoked it so can't formulate an opinion... RL gave his opinion, and he is entitled to it, there is other strains he likes better... HE LIKES BETTER... I am a Chem man myself, can't get enough of it... to me top shelf meds.. others wouldn't give it a second look on the dispensary shelf... that's why there are soooo many strains, everyone's ailments are soothed by something else right??? Peace all

Bryote

If you haven't had the cookies...your opinion doesnt really matter. The cookies, with my tolerance level, brings me back to the days when I started smoking, like 14 years ago. The cookies outsmokes those 5 or 6 strains he says are 50-100% better. There's just no way that's possible, other than opinion. I think the cookies page is up to 8,000 posts......that's not hype, that's cloudiness, caused by the cookies.

whiteberrieS

brains1ck
Veteran
My apologies to skarekrow. Keep posting the RL cookies as you get the pictures in, I'm sure everyone wants a cookie ;) Iuno who L-O-U is, dont care. Even if what you got is half-baked (i nominate that name) cookies...it's STILL gonna be legit, and maybe even great.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
REALLY???? after all the drama, all the "haters", and all the "my other strains are 50-100% better than GSC", THIS IS THE PICTURE YOU POST to answer to the naysayers!?! that nug makes crush's hardmode sativas look like Pic of the month nominees! sorry RVL, but a serious breeder should at least document his genetics a bit better, give a bongload to a friend with a decent camera for better pics, and at the bare minimum learn how to grow better.

and i think its totally appropriate to call out the "100% percent of progeny will resemble the original clone" statement because its flat out untrue. most strains need 4-5 generations of true backcrossing and breeding to start showing uniformity and even then wont be 100 percent.

theres nothing wrong with selling seeds with murky history of lineage, but flat out lying to customers and patients deserves to be called out.

"LOU GSC" no wonder you said your other strains are better, because you clearly havent grown this cut to even 50% its potential...no matter if its real GSC or not.
attachment.php

the REAL cookies will look like this....(credit-whadeez)

picture.php

whiteberrieS

brains1ck
Veteran
UP,

people are saying you are bitter and butt hurt over it because that's how you are making it appear, you came into the thread looking for a confrontation.... you have questioned RL's integrity from your first post and that is just unfair... just as it is unnecessary for you to bring anything he's going through personally into the picture... that's just wrong... and look at the hypocrisy of your own posts as well... how is RL selling this as anything other than what it is, in your last post you point out that even RL says the lineage of the male is unknown... he never claimed to know, nor did he try to hide the fact that he did not.... and as I said from what I understand there are at least 2 cuts that float around.. When RL says every plant will resemble the original clone, the original clone he is referring to is the one gifted to him by L-O-U, he did not say "every plant will resemble UnknownProphet's cut"... he was gifted the cut by L-O-U as GSC, what else should he call it?? If it was given to him as GSC and he called it anything else he would be lying.... Like I said RL is a friend, and a very honest person, I believe what he said man bottom line, and I think it's fucked up for you to attack him the way you have, bringing his integrity into question?? RL is a well respected breeder and member of the cannabis community, don't come in here trying to ruin someone's good name over you own personal issues with him.... When RL spoke of the people he talks to in PM's I'm one of them, and I can tell you that even as he has hit this bump in the road we call life, he is donating the "GSC" he has running right now to a patient in need... not cashing in on the name bro,(i think it's funny that he is trying to cash in on a name at $46 a pack, do you follow matt riot around telling him he's cashing in at $250 a pack?) He has done plenty to help the community and continues to.... You say you would love for everyone to smoke, grow, breed GSC, well for some of us this was the shot we had man..Skarecrow is in Amsterdam, I'm on the EC, they don't sell cuts of GSC out here bro, this was our shot at a taste and we appreciated it, if it wasn't for you that is fine you aren't obligated to buy them, so don't... That's all I'm saying

Bryote

You cant sell seeds of a cloned strain. As for the other 20 sentences, I don't know, I didn't read them. Punctuation is your friend, my friend.

REALLY???? after all the drama, all the "haters", and all the "my other strains are 50-100% better than GSC", THIS IS THE PICTURE YOU POST to answer to the naysayers!?! that nug makes crush's hardmode sativas look like Pic of the month nominees! sorry RVL, but a serious breeder should at least document his genetics a bit better, give a bongload to a friend with a decent camera for better pics, and at the bare minimum learn how to grow better.

and i think its totally appropriate to call out the "100% percent of progeny will resemble the original clone" statement because its flat out untrue. most strains need 4-5 generations of true backcrossing and breeding to start showing uniformity and even then wont be 100 percent.

theres nothing wrong with selling seeds with murky history of lineage, but flat out lying to customers and patients deserves to be called out.

"LOU GSC" no wonder you said your other strains are better, because you clearly havent grown this cut to even 50% its potential...no matter if its real GSC or not.
View Image

the REAL cookies will look like this....(credit-whadeez)

View Image

If someone, as a seller of cookies, even if what I was smoking almost my entire five year stay in the Bay wasn't, in fact actual cookies (according to some new reading I've recently done about pie guy), the cookies and cookies concentrates we toked in the Bay make that, what you put up to shut up, look like, well, actual shit. Like a pile of human feces.

/Thread, NOT cookies, shouldn't be called cookies, should be called watereddownonesixteenthcookies. :moon::moon:

reservationlabs

ICMag Donor
Veteran
skarekrow,

I want to thank you so very much for this thread. It was truly needed and I personally welcome it (I will never get involved in the nonscense, I just watch and smile. Too many "real" things going on in life throughout the world).

Many Blessings,

Reservation Labs

Latest posts

Latest posts