What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hey sorry i didnt know what forum to post this on, was just wondering how reputation works, mainly green is good, red is bad but whats grey?

Also it seems i cant use a custom avatar , is there a required post count or something?

11m9saf.jpg

Regards

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
grey rep is from new members who don't have enough rep to give out any, so it arrives as neutral rep.

as for the custom avatar i believe you need 1 week membership and at least 50 posts.

grey rep is from new members who don't have enough rep to give out any, so it arrives as neutral rep.

as for the custom avatar i believe you need 1 week membership and at least 50 posts.

Oh so when they do have some rep to give out then it goes green?

So in order to give rep you must first receive some?

Thanks!

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
no....you have limited rep to give out, when you use it up you can still give rep by clicking this...

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

or maybe not...

MIway

Veteran
new members show up on your rep sheet as that grey color. when new members get over 50 posts, those rep squares become green.

seperate issue... total rep counts per day, or whatever the interval is... you can only give out so much, then it blocks you until the next day. this applies to cred you give another member, the total cred you give in a day & the total likes you click... all have caps on them... though don't know what they are exactly. also, the more cred you have, the more you can give out.

Wiggs Dannyboy

Last Laugh Foundation
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You can also choose to not participate in the reputation points system, and I'm pretty sure that if you choose not to, then what shows up is a grey block.

If you want to choose not to participate in the rep system, you go to your IC and click on "options" and it is near the top of those options listed.

Not sure if when noobs give out rep it shows as grey, think it might show as green but without rewarding any points. I could be wrong about this though.

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
if a noob reps me with a grey, i rep him back to give a good amount right off the bat.....

ambertrich

Veteran
If you click on "My IC" on upper left of screen it will show you any rep people have given you either by clicking the little scale icon on the left side of the post under the your avatar (which allows them to leave a text message as well as the rep), or they can hit the "Did you find this post helpful? Yes / No " which will show on My IC (User Control Panel) with only the text "Helpful Answer Postitive Rating"

Rep given using the "scale" is worth more "points" and again allows the person giving the rep the chance to leave a message, where the "helpful post yes/no" does not allow you to leave any message, but allows you to let the person know they agree with/like your post.

If the person has turned off the reputation function, they will have a dark blue dot instead of green or red dot. Honestly, I don't recall seeing the grey dots.

CoCo Crazy, it you will notice, you now have a "1 member found this post helpful" message at the end of you OP of this thread (from me).

If you now go to My IC (User Control Panel) you should see "Latest Reputation Recieved" and there will be the title of this thread, followed by the date and time the rep was given, who posted the rep and in this case "Helpful Answer Positive Rating".
(on the far left very first column you will see a green dot since it was a postive rep).

HTH.

MIway

Veteran
You need 50 posts before you will be able to see the person that repped you... it stays anon until 50.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Here's what the points eventually add up to, I have no idea how many points it is before you become a 'survivor' which suddenly appeared as a new threshold one day.......

User is a complete muppet -200
User cruising for a bruising -50
User user is a little naughty and needs to be good -10
User is an unknown quantity at this point 0
User is on a distinguished road 10
User will become famous soon enough 50
User has a spectacular aura about 150
User is a jewel in the rough 250
User is just really nice 350
User is a glorious beacon of light 450
User is a name known to all 550
User is a splendid one to behold 650
User has much to be proud of 1000
User has a brilliant future 1500
User has a reputation beyond repute 2000

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran

Here's what the points eventually add up to, I have no idea how many points it is before you become a 'survivor' which suddenly appeared as a new threshold one day.......

User is a complete muppet -200
User cruising for a bruising -50
User user is a little naughty and needs to be good -10
User is an unknown quantity at this point 0
User is on a distinguished road 10
User will become famous soon enough 50
User has a spectacular aura about 150
User is a jewel in the rough 250
User is just really nice 350
User is a glorious beacon of light 450
User is a name known to all 550
User is a splendid one to behold 650
User has much to be proud of 1000
User has a brilliant future 1500
User has a reputation beyond repute 2000

looks like im a survivor as well, wonder whats after?

I

Iron_Lion

oooops edit: yeah nothing after survivor

Last edited:

spurr

Veteran
I have a question: Being that I disabled my rep. (not because it's low, only because I don't use rep.), when I rate a post will it give positive rep. to the member?

badbeans

I have question too:

What is the point of reputation anyway?

I give it, I get it, I just figured it was a way for users to give each other an "attaboy" or something.

Am I missing out on something important here?

bb:canabis: