What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Repuk HML/Coco/Blumat understairs stealth micro grow

Chloemobile

Yeah as always initial setup is the most cost and time consuming but once things get rolling the cost/time is recouped over a few runs. Unless you are like me and decide to grow differently each time haha. Can't wait till its all dialed in and running smooth so I can copy and not have to waste as much time and money lol ;)

=D

vukman

Veteran
Hey bro....not to say I know what I'm talking about but........I did work in renovations and construction for around 30 years or so..... heheh...if you can take a picture of the underside where you have your reservoir sitting so I/we can see how much support you've got under there. I would really hate for you to fill that thing up and then have that "L" bracket give out on you..:(....that would just be bad fucking news all the way around.

A simple work around to avoid that would be to just prop up a 2x4 on this side of the tank and secure it... that way there is extra support holding this side level and almost no way it can fall.

Something like this:

picture.php

Just a suggestion my friend,, I would hate to see or hear about another mishap taking place...

Good Luck

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Hey bro....not to say I know what I'm talking about but........I did work in renovations and construction for around 30 years or so..... heheh...if you can take a picture of the underside where you have your reservoir sitting so I/we can see how much support you've got under there. I would really hate for you to fill that thing up and then have that "L" bracket give out on you..:(....that would just be bad fucking news all the way around.

A simple work around to avoid that would be to just prop up a 2x4 on this side of the tank and secure it... that way there is extra support holding this side level and almost no way it can fall.

Something like this:

View Image

Just a suggestion my friend,, I would hate to see or hear about another mishap taking place...

Good Luck

Great idea! Thanks Vukman! Will take a asap!

The underside of the shelf has two L brackets (1mm metal sheet) about 30cm long (screwed to the wall) and about 20cm under the reservoir.

The brackets are good for 30kg or so (the res is 26L so filled up it should 26Kg). It feels stable, but putting a removeable 2x4 will give me much peace of mind!

I have the toolboxes under the shelf, so if they collapse they will support it, but I like your idea much more! :)

Today the girls look soooooooo much better and happier!!!! I've checked the blumats dialing it for more humidity, I have noticed it's a matter of checking RH in such a small chamber, with the blumats on a good setting RH is between 60-70%.

I finally got a killawatt like device to measure my HML:

Amps:

picture.php

Watts:
picture.php

I was veeeery pleasantly surprised, the drivers are rather efficient, measuring the DC volts/amps on the LED wires gave 58W DC for the 1050s and 53W DC for the 1750, so taking into account the device precision should be worse than my multimeter, efficiency of the drivers are great on 220-240VAC!

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Yeah as always initial setup is the most cost and time consuming but once things get rolling the cost/time is recouped over a few runs. Unless you are like me and decide to grow differently each time haha. Can't wait till its all dialed in and running smooth so I can copy and not have to waste as much time and money lol ;)

=D

Yeah, I 've never flowered in stealth or micro, or used LEDs or blumats neither, as you said is time consuming, but will get everything dialed for the second run!

No way, I won't be changing methods, that's for sure!!! :) As the old saying goes, If ain't broke don't fix it!

slowandeasy

Veteran
I have been using Blumats for years. I love them, but never let your Rez get really low if possible. When you let it get real low, then fill it...the water pressure changes and can cause flooding. Trust me..they are awesome and saves a lot on water/nutes, but avoid going from empty to full. Be prepared to adjust after. Good luck.

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
thanks slowandeasy! Point noted, I'm gonna attach a continuous PH/EC meter on it also, to keep it always monitored specially on PH.

Will use just Canna A+B with drip clean on it, watering ocassional additives by hand (B-52, ATA-XL and ATA molasses when ripening).

hempfield

Organic LED Grower
Veteran
Some updates ? How are your girls doing ? Did they recovered from the falling ceiling incident ?

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
I'll take pics tonight, they looked very happy last time I was able to look at them...

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Some updates ? How are your girls doing ? Did they recovered from the falling ceiling incident ?

It certainly looks so!

picture.php

They're in the beggining of their 3d flowering week, not much hairs yet.

The Atomic Haze clones have stretched like mad (the two at the front), some branches more than 6"!! they have much less "leaf mass", though damaged leaves can be seen here and there:

picture.php

The Somango and Amnesia haze have stretched much less...

As you guys know, this is my first SCROG, and all genetics are new to me... should I keep on training them? i.e. bending the tallest tops under the net? maybe topping them? they haven't filled their mod scrogs...

Vukman: here's the reservoir shelf underside:

picture.php

You can notice also a meter next to the reservoir top: I got a continuous EC/PH meter!! I have it always on the reservoir, as using the handheld ones was a royal PITA there.

I recalibrated the new one and the handhelds and I'm afraid the handheld one was way off (12.88EC calibration solution read almost 16) and I was underfeeding the girls, If I recall correctly in my last reservoir filling EC was higher than 2, as although the girls look healthy I'd like a more lushier green... now it's 1,8 and going up slowly.

Zenithal shooting is tricky due to the luminaires, so I took a couple detail shots of the canopy:

Atomic Haze (cut) very few leaves but stretches like mad note the damaged leaves are due to everything hung fell off over them, including the lights, cooking them for 12 hours...

picture.php

Somango:

picture.php

Haven't stretched too much, to me noob eyes it looks fine to leave her alone as the net covering looks done to me... please advise!!

vukman

Veteran
Heya bro..it looks like they've recovered quite nicely from that incident you had over there and also, you did not have to take a picture of the underside of you shelf. I know I asked but I thought we came to a conclusion where you might put in a removable 2x4 in there just to be 'safe and sure'. Seeing the underside now makes me realize that it probably isn't necessary though. I don't know what length of screws you have in the wall there or if you caught the wall studs as well, which I am really really hoping you did.

I learned something a while back while building night clubs. That is... make everything 'idiotproof'...... If you make something strong enough so even the biggest fattest moron who comes along cannot accidentally break it... you've done a good job..

Same rule applies.. If you build that shelf so it will hold up 150% of the weight it will actually ever have to bear...good job..:yes:........:D

Just real glad to see that the plants are more than healthy enough to recover from that little set back..

Excellent!!!!!!

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
No problem vukman, I'd better be safe than sorry :) I used 10mm wall studs and 3 suiting 2 1/2in screws to fix the brackets to the wall.

I'm with you, I like building things to support 150%-200% of their duty if there aren't any other restrictions...

I checked the girls this morning and they've exploded! Have been pinching, tucking and bending to homogeinize the canopy, hopefully the stretch will stop by next week (4th).

Didn't took pics prior to the training and they looked kinda untidy after it, so will get pics next time.

Older stems are very well developed, new stems and leaves are very soft and easy to bend/route.

The canopy was lushier green overall, the dialing up of the blumats seems having worked wonders!

Most tops were like 4in from the HML's, no signs of bleaching, burning or anything. They seem to love the HML. Either bleaching occurs only on more developed buds, or white LEDs are less prone to cause it.

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Time for some updates as they enter their 4th week into flower:

The continous PH/EC meter, I'm veeery happy with it, I just open the pantry door to check the res level and the monitor, no need to look at the girls everyday:

picture.php

This is what I found today (say jungle??):

picture.php

As they're sleeping now, I'll do some more training tomorrow, mainly some defoliation and leaf tucking.

Zenithal Canopy shot:

picture.php

Budsite detail (sorry for the poor focus):

picture.php

I've noticed something interesting: I have been observing the budsite stalks some days after training, and invariably, the tallest/more developed (hairy) ones are exactly under a WW led (I use CW NW and WW).

They're less than 6" from the canopy, no signs of bleaching.

vukman

Veteran
That would make sense bro considering that the WW contains the most red and reds are the predominant spectrum for flowering.

Jungle is right!! Glad to see that your little 'mishap' didn't cause too much lasting damage. Looks great!

hempfield

Organic LED Grower
Veteran
What brand of pH Meter is this and how much did it cost ? I am looking for an USB meter at reasonable price but couldn't find any ...

jubiare

great thread plus rep for experimenting with xml and all whites! Thanks also for the blumat details .. I'll get back to those pages when I need to instal mines for a Christmas vacation!

Looking forward to see the next few weeks development!

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
thanks jubiare! Feel free to ask any question!

Chloe, here they are, this week had no time to tender the girls and I should have... they stretched a little more, had to do some serious chrushing and bending to even the tops.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Not seeing too much frostiness yet, dunno if being sativa leaning hybrids they'll take longer to finish and that comes next...

vukman

Veteran
Not seeing too much frostiness yet, dunno if being sativa leaning hybrids they'll take longer to finish and that comes next...

damn .............plenty of time for the frosty's to come along..:)

How long have they been in flower? Frost doesn't usually show 'til the 3rd week or so unless it's one of the 'white' strains....

Looking a little wild there but as you said, you didn't have time to tend to them which isn't always a bad thing either. They're coming along nicely my friend....don't sweat it...:yes:

Latest posts

Latest posts