What's new

Represent your team with a pic or logo!! PLEASE!!

H

heavy dank nugg

yea man cutler had a day and a 1/2.....bears got some young talent ......a good up and coming team for sure.

Also big D should be happy the bears just gave the saints home field throughout the playoffs

Big D

icmagic
Veteran
Hey booey, I can't believe that I was actually rooting for the Bears last night. They took alittle pressure off of the Saints so good job Bears!!!!!!!!!!

Ottoman

Color me gone
Veteran
Chicago would be nice if their o-line didn't suck so bad, they couldn't run the ball for shit all year long. Also I believe they need to get a true #1 WR for Cutler, da bears are loaded up with a bunch of good #2 and 3 WR's. Hopefully their once dominate defense can stay healthy the whole year and they are contenders for sure. It sucks you guys gave up so much for Culter it will make it a little difficult to draft positions your gonna need to fill or make better.

The boys have been looking good the last couple weeks and have been winning games in December! Unfortunately I have had my heart broken by them too many times, I mean we haven't won playoff game in nearly 14 years!!!! I wish for the best but I don't want to get my hopes up.

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
That was good Cutler we saw last night, which seemed to happen once every ten games this year.
Antonio Winfield completely blowing coverage helped also.
Last week of the season. Chicago should get another win (vs Detroit) and we'll see final playoff seedings. I'm looking forward to the playoffs; the Bears wont be there, but intriguing matchups await.

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Didnt know he came from Auburn, just know that he got waived by like five other teams before breaking out this season with the Bears. He's playing like Miles Austin. Winfield coming off a foot injury and being totally unable to keep up with him with no safety help helped a lot too. :joint:

Auburn's playing Northwestern on New Years day. You would think an SEC team would beat the pants off a comparable Big Ten team any day of the week, but NW has been surprisingly tough this year, and Wisconsin just dominated Miami last night, so maybe the Big Ten will show up in their bowl games this year...

Bowl games are filler for me in between NFL games, although I am interested in the BCS championship, Texas v. Alabama (edit), just to see who takes the crown.

Bowl games, NFL playoffs, enjoy it while we can guys, this is the last month of football for a while. Except for April when we have the NFL draft...

G

GR8shoeBaDizzle

yea after the Superbowl...its all about mock drafts for me......its gonna be a good off season ..... my Niners have 2 first rounders between 11-19 prime picks ... its gonna get good.....

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
D'oh, you got me on that one (AL, not FL, in the title game)! Dont know how i messed that one up, geez...
Gr8, two mid-range 1st round picks sound great, can find really good value there. Unfortunately, I believe my Bears don't have a 1st rounder for the next two years, so i have to hope they find gems in the lower rounds. Which is definitely possible, seems like the draft is such a crapshoot...
The Niner's look set at the skill positions on offense. Do you think they'll draft a QB, or is Alex Smith the long term answer? How do you feel about him? I still believe in Cutler despite everything thats happened, although another 25+ INT year will cause me to rethink that...

Big D

icmagic
Veteran
Cutler despite everything thats happened, although another 25+ INT year will cause me to rethink that...

Cutler is going to be great, they got to get him some help with a running game. Mat Forte has lost what ever spark that he showed when he first came to the bears. And IMO they messed up with Hester they need to put him back on defense... he is not a receiver!

G

GR8shoeBaDizzle

I would (or could) stand to see the Alex Smith show for one more year to see how it turns out if it don't work then let Nate Davis from ball state give it a shot...
I really hope we dont draft a QB....what I want out of this draft would be a Tackle,Safety,Corner, and a lil RB like Darren Sprolls... i hope we get that corner Joe Haden from Florida ... I would Ideally like S Eric Berry but I know he wont slip that far... I would also settle for Taylor Mays .....

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Forte has not been finding the holes or evading tacklers this year like he did last year. Can't believe he'd be a one year wonder but it might be so. MIGHT.
Hester's biggest contributions were always on special teams but its possible he can be a legit receiver; he's shown flashes this year. But yeah, i think that experiment was to the detriment of the team.

Was Nate Davis a draft pick or free agent signing?
Berry probably wont slip that far but Mays might, hes had a down senior year and that might hurt his stock.

*hydro*

yeah gr8shoebadizzle im from the bay area used to have niners season tickets so i feel your pain, been in Salt Lake for a handfull of years now watched Alex Smith become a college "legend" football fans deserve the Niners to be good and if that means letting the #1 pick/ reggie bush's high school teamate go then so be it. He's done pretty well though considering he started playing halfway through the season, VERNON DAVIS IS SICK!!!!

G

GR8shoeBaDizzle

sup fellas .....man i cant believe its the end of the regular season....

bababooey....what the bears need is a number 1 wide receiver...I have no clue on whats going on with Forte tho....he does show them flashes...but then disappears....as for Nate Davis he was a draft pick in the 5th round last season...McNabb from the Eagles said he wants to work out with him this off season because he likes what he sees from him...

good luck to everyone's team except the rams....my niners play you guys... I cant wait to start mock drafts i love the off season pick ups...

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Ah yes, the end to another great regular season of football. Gr8shoe's Niners have a chance to finish 8-8, my Bears have a chance to get one more win vs the lowly Lions, the Saints and Colts will rest their starters and look forward to their first round bye's...

I'm hoping having Johnny Knox and Aromashadu (sp?) next year will give Cutler two solid receivers, along with whatever Hester and Bennett add to the mix.
Definitely need help along the O-line, as Heavydanknugg says, you can't win without that beef up front.
Having Urlacher back next year will hopefully make the Bears defense decent again. He's not as dominant as he used to be but he's still a playmaker; tired of watching opposing RB's turn the corner on Hillenmeyer this year...

BigD: did you see that NU-AU game? Wild, crazy stuff. The Big Ten really showed up in their bowl games this year.

Hydro: i forgot that Alex Smith was Reggie Bush's teammate. Maybe that's as close to greatness as he'll ever come, but Smith has had some pretty decent games this year, has led the Niners to some wins.

Maybe its hard because the Niners, with Gore, are more suited to a power running game, but Smith is more comfortable with a spread-out 3-4 receiver passing offense? I dont know, i havent seen any Niners games this year except for when they played the Bears...

I read an article pre-2009 draft on Davis, he is LD (learning disabled), right? Didnt seem to hurt him in college, he put up some monster numbers in the MAC, maybe he'll be another MAC gem like Roethlisberger. He probably has a stronger arm than Smith, think thats one of the knocks on Smith, for a #1 overall draft pick he doesnt have a rocket arm...

Whats that saying, the most popular guy on the team is the backup QB? I dont even know who the Bears backup is, I'm afraid to find out...

G

GR8shoeBaDizzle

man....the raiders vs ravens might be a good game....i wanna see philly and dallas duke it out.....I dont like the cowboys, but i want them 2 win so next year they will come to SF.....that would be a killer party bus.....

its true you gotta have beef up front....

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
I don't know if Shanahan is going to be the savior of the Redskins, but he cant do any worse than Chainsaw Dan's previous hires (Zorn? Spurrier?!?). Its a proud franchise with an irresponsible owner who nevertheless has deep pockets, hopefully they can turn it around...

First round of NFL playoffs today. Good luck to all the teams, everyone has to gird their loins and prepare for the fight of their lives...